Ponification 1,406 members · 870 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

I have an Idea it's kind of weird.
What if a human was turned into a pony but end up in a point of Earths past?

So what do you all think?

Well...

To be non-PC, but direct, I'd expect the 'pony creature' to end up in a tiny cage faster then you could say: 'Penny to see the freak!'

Yeah... history for anything considered 'the other' is a dark subject. :fluttershyouch:

5125328 Thanks for your insight.
That was an amazing bit of history thank you for that too.
Where can I find a link to this link?

Kyle Kallgren, you mean?

Great reviewer. He was sadly struck hard by Blip going down, but you can find most of his recent stuff on YouTube. Quite a few of his older videos on other accounts if you do a search.

Just fair warning, Between The Lines is his—if you pardon the horrible pun, side-show that doesn't get updated much.

His main attraction Brows Held High is well worth taking a peak at, though. One of the most insightful and funny review shows on the web in my opinion.

Just to give an example of a film he's done an analysis off, and whose title you've probably heard off.

It better be a whole group of ponies or like 5125328 said, it'll be quite dark for the protagonist. An oddity to be shown off like a trophy, or studied by some backwards tabletop scientist, depending on how far back you go.

5125490 Yes, thank you for the link.
I will have to look him up now .

it'll be quite dark for the protagonist. An oddity to be shown off like a trophy, or studied by some backwards tabletop scientist, depending on how far back you go.

To act as Devil's advocate (cough), you could go the route of A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, and have the protagonist somehow bluff the locals into accepting them. Making the locals think them a god/mighty spirit, or something like that.

Granted, how well that idea would work would depend heavily on the area, but it's not entirely implausible they could end up the 'guardian' of a shrine somewhere and be moderately set for life.

You know, if they manage to dodge being 'purified,' and their bones put into a reliquary. Would be a fine tight-rope to walk, that, but there's a possible plot there.

5125617 This is why I like to share idea with the groups.
So man interesting things come out of it.

I suppose it depends on whether you're looking to involve mythology or not. One way would effectively have that person become Starswirl become Merlin. Granted, that's all a matter of whether or not you interpret the Arthurian legend as literary invention or folklore with historical basis. One could also go the route of that individual delving into the Greco-Roman pantheons, becoming the legendary pegasus or one of the terrible Mares of Diomedes/Thrace. Even tales of Unicorns are widespread across the world, and with some research you could easily write about the woman-turned-unicorn who became the basis for the Kirin/Qilin.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10