Paper Mario 73 members · 22 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Hello, this is a formal request for assistance to work on a Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Nintendo Gamecube) Crossover / Alternate Universe fic with MLP: FiM. It will be Epic-class, with at least 40 full-length (8-10,000 word or so) chapters - not counting interludes, prologue, and other fluff. It will take place in the MLP universe, though with a few places and ideas taken from TTYD and applied to it. Most of the characters should be quite familiar; I'm trying to avoid too many OC's or anything like that if I can. It will star the entire Mane 6 for most of the active group, along with a curveball or two for good measure, and all four main villains.

I'm making this post because, honestly... I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with everything right now, and I just can't seem to summon up the energy to work on it most of the time. Thing is, I really do want to do it - words cannot describe how excited and inspired I was when I first had this idea, and everything just seemed to click into place perfectly between the two plots. But, I guess my enthusiasm kinda faded after a while... so I've been procrastinating on it, horribly. Here's the thing, though; I've found that I can almost always work much easier and faster when I have someone with me, helping along. I had some people before - good ones, too - but mostly I think they're busy handling other things right now.

And so, I thought I would put the word out that I have this fic in the works, and I am looking for a full-blown co-author to help me out in writing it. Applicants should have;

> Prior knowledge of the Paper Mario: TTYD plotline & universe, as well as a very strong enthusiasm for it - I need someone who shares my passion for the game, as that will help me more than anything when it comes to inspiration to get this thing written.
> A decent amount of regular free time you can take without stress. I understand if you have other things you must do or work on, of course, but it's pretty much a given that without being able to put in time, very little is gonna get done. I am running on GMT -06:00 (Central USA) time, and I am usually on during most of the afternoon and evening; I'm on at night, too, but I will be distracted then, so it's best not to try for it.
> Good communication skills - and not just being a cool, easy-to-get-along-with person (which helps too), but I want to stay in regular contact; that means letting me know if you have something going on, if you can't come for whatever reason, and staying available on Skype as much as possible.

Please keep in mind that I am not just looking for an idea guy, spellchecker, proofreader, editor or anything common like that; I'm looking for a partner, whom I can count on to provide me with regular support and inspiration for the fic, yet still sternly hold me accountable for procrastinating and keep me on the straight and narrow.

If anyone is interested in joining me in this endeavor, please either reply here, send me a PM, or just contact me on Skype (account name is 'umbranoth'), and we'll go from there. I'll probably start by getting to know you, first, just having a friendly back-and-forth and discussion - and if I like what I see, you'll probably get the job!

And so, any Paper Mario: TTYD fans out there who felt that the plot didn't get enough justice, want to see an epic crossover between that and the land of Bronydom, or simply want to take part in writing something fun and awesome - give me a call! My door is open, and I am in no rush. Looking forward to meeting potential co-authors! :twilightsmile:

If the opening is still there, I will happily take the job. I can positively say the Paper Mario series holds a spot forever in my heart, and that I will be there helping you write the fic. :twilightsmile: If the opening isn't there just tell me.

776821 I would certainly love to help! Though I am not sure about going on skype, I am not very keen on face to face to thought the internet, even with my best friends. I have always preferred text chat, so I get time to think about my responses before saying them.

One thing I can say about TTYD, is that loved it like a puppy loves its parent. I have been searching ages for a sequel that exact story line, not just another new story line like the newer Paper Mario games.

And personally, I kind of consider MLP to be the spiritual successor of Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door, they have so many things in common!

A great example would be the Crystal empire and that 1,000 year city that disappeared according to the prologue of the game.

I am not sure about Skype or Face to Face/voice chat, but i would be willing to help out with this story. Though I also have a weak point in actually writing stuff as well. So I might not be able to write complete chapters for you, but I am definitely open to brainstorming, prereading, and proofreading, :twilightsmile:

On an unrelated note it seems like we all really like this face. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4