World War Bronies 734 members · 129 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Eagle
Group Admin

Being the WW2 nerd that I've always been, I agreed to watch Frankenstein's Army with my dad.

I liked, but don't...I do not comprehend. Has anyone else seen this?

No, but I'm just going to guess the ol' Nazis making super soldiers trope

2034618 Shit must be bad if the Soviets are the ones criticising the ethics of someone. :rainbowwild:

Eagle
Group Admin

It's actually got a couple interesting twists. Not too terribly bad; not scary, but kinda cool if you can handle it.

Eagle
Group Admin

Yea, I watched it on demand.

It's actually shown entirely from a camera (A la Cloverfield, only it works well here) and they actually bothered to make it look like a WW2 camera most of the time. Get's pretty gory, but whoever came up with the monster designs has some imagination.

Am I going to have to pay.... That's the big problem:pinkiesad2:

Eagle
Group Admin

You won't get to see the incredible irony of Soviets getting beat up by a dude with a hammer and sickle.

nooooooo

.... To youtube!!!!!!

Poodicus
Group Admin

Are they as terrifying as NAZI VAMPIRES?!?!?!?!

EDIT: So I just watched the film (sad to say, illegally as I don't have a credit card or Netflix), but the movie was pretty hysterical in my opinion. Yeah, I understand it literally had like no budget to begin with, so I suppose I can't exactly bash it too much. As I told my friend on skype while watching it though, it's too bad the 'monsters' were movie monsters and not video game monsters, because they truly are interesting concepts and I could easily see them being used in a horror type game like Amnesia or something along those lines.

I mean, just look at these designs!

I, for one, am pleased that it's a Soviet squad instead of the usual band of true blue American brothers.

Might give it a watch.

Eagle
Group Admin

Me and my dad were laughing pretty hard at all the crazy stuff they had. It was pretty cool, admittedly.

It would be cool to put them in a video game like Amnesia or even one that you could fight against them (as you saw, they're near impossible to kill). It's funny because the whole time I watched it it reminded me of Nazi Zombies on CoD. Personally, I'd like to fight them in a hack-n-slash; bullets take too long, just slice them up like Raiden!

And they're Soviet in the best way possible; meaning they actually act like Russian soldiers instead of just being called Russians, but being the normal scared guys. Not to mention it actually plays an important role in the story. I was actually pleasantly surprised just how accurate this movie got it.

dragonfang33
Group Admin

When you look at Nazi Occultic, Racial and Super Sciences the concept of Frankenstein's Army is pretty close to what the SS was trying to create.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13