World War Bronies 733 members · 129 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

My dad and I watched Tora tora tora, and replayed all the ww2 games featuring the attack. Medal of honor rising sun, Blazing angels, heroes of the Pacific.

Watched this series.

The Akagi, Kaga, Soryu, Hiryu, Shokaku and Zuikaku. The latter 2 would recieve heavy damage and lose all its aircraft at the coral sea in May 1942, while the other 4 would be sunk at Midway one month later. It wouldn't be until the battles of the Philippine sea and Leyte gulf in late 1944 that the Shokaku and Zuikaku would be sunk by either carrier aircraft or U.S submarines.

Nice a history guy/girl/other.

A moment of silence for the fallen ones, then I played COD World At War and watched Tora Tora Tora for the rest of the day.

Big history guy. I have the Medal of honor games, Band of brothers, various ww2 films and games plus the Assassins creed series to thank.

On a side note, the aircraft involved in the given battles were Mitsubishi A6M5 zero fofhters, Nakajima B5N2 Kate torpedo bombers, and Aichi D3A Val dive-bombers for the Japs. For America there were numerous P-40 warhawks at pearl, and i have a photograph of what im assuming to be a PBY catalina and OS2U kingfisher reconnaissance aircraft. Rhe Douglas SBD Dauntless dive-bomber got its glory at Midway, but was replaced by the Curtiss SB2C Helldiver, nicknamed Sonofabitch 2nd class! Not as popular with aircrews. I prefer the Dauntless.

Comment posted by Gundamfan deleted Dec 9th, 2020

Same. :) they are awesom

Watched a documentary on YouTube, played a WoWS Legends game in my Arizona, and listened to this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UYoRWww_tuo

R.I.P U.S.S Arizona.:pinkiesad2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15