World War Bronies 734 members · 129 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

So, here´s a thought I had. Say if magic had been discovered to be a real thing during, say, a decade or so prior to the American Revolution. And by magic, I´m talking about, say, your standard Fantasy style magic of throwing fireballs, creating ranged explosions, telekinesis/telepathy. How would that have changed the face of both America, and world militaries? Would we have specialized companies of magic users?

a decade or so prior to the Revolution

...there have been a lot of Revolutions :rainbowlaugh:

5972034 Right, the American Revolution

5972031 Depends, how accessible is it? How many have the capacity to use it? How difficult it is to learn, and what is the usual intelligence curve to becoming a sorcerer? What are the consequences of using magic the wrong way? Is it as dangerous as uranium emitted radiation? The factor are way too numerous to properly predict without creating limits in place that would allow you to keep the changes in history to the somewhat predictable outcomes. Without those limits I'll just assume that it was like getting the nuclear bomb early and the human race in the 2017 of their universe has been reduced to extinction with the exception of the bizarrely mutated abominations that were spawned from it's unrestricted use. Everything becoming like an even more fucked up 18 Century Fallout with even less people to the point that humans have been reduced to a rumor at best.

5972031 If magic was discovered, the American Revolution wouldn't have come to pass.

...I can't even begin to describe how complex that question you just asked is.

We'd be having people who are able to use it labeled as outcasts, witches and used as scapegoats. History itself would be thrown off balance and events as we know them would be totally different.

5972031 That's something for AlternateHistoryHub to answer.

5973476 I love that guy

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11