World War Bronies 734 members · 129 stories
Comments ( 67 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 67

>> brony at war I can weight a paper of the movements of the army after the Normandy landings:ajsmug:and seven books

910738 My interest grew from when I learnt Australians served in it, before than it was just a curiosity because the British were in it as well.

Once I learnt about Kakoda and egypt, galipoli and greece I started to learn everything I could about it, it also helps when a relative went missing in france. When I realized that all my ancestral homes were attacked I sorta started devouring the knowledge, just for reference I'm greek, English and Australian, So I started to learn about The Great War, after that I started to learn about World War 2 and thats it, now I just sit around cheering at Greek, British and Australian victories and booing many other countries when they had victories... that makes me sound racist which I actually sorta am, just not to the degree as most racists.

well, i have alot of family members that were fighting in WWII,i watched alot of movies as a kid too, but i think i actually read this one book that got me into it (dont remember the name it was so long ago) but i think its interesting and dark as a whole

3175687 i wouldnt say the most realistic, maybe SOME of the wolfenstein games if you minus the gore amount,and battlefield although i will say finest hour and cod 1 may be the most realistic out of them all

4676250 the first ones were the best.

4676257 that is amazingly true, i did hear about them making a third person civil war cod, but the day after they scrapped the idea

4676282 closest I can get to a Civil War shooter is the History Channel Games and Mount and Blade Warband mod called First Manassas

I think that was an April Fools prank or something. However, I would've loved to see Call of Duty RTS be published.

4676289 i dont think ive played them, they any good

4676290 The History Channel ones are OK. It's somewhat like Call of Duty where you have missions to complete. You also get small bits of info about each battle your at. The sequel you meet Generals like Jackson, Lee, and Grant.

Mount and Blade. I'm in the 14th NYSM. It's line up, fire at will, and hope you don't die.

4676297 sounds beast, can i get atleast one off steam?

4676304 Call of Duty, Call of Duty United Offensive, and the Mount and Blade games are on Steam.

Civil War ones, no. I haven't seen them there yet so only way to get them is to have the actual disc or have them for console.

4676307 thats cool thanks bruh

910738 well its kind of a funny story but I got into it by seeing the Real pearl harbor and did some research on some of the battleships. you know the Iowa class Bismarck Yamato you name it I know about it but I have to say that the IJN Yamato was the one that got me hooked and just so you all know that they did find the battleship Musashi

I got into World War 2 history last summer. I have always been a fan of random facts, so I found facts about Nazi Germany and Adolf Hitler that I found interesting (ex. Hitler took massive amounts of drugs toward the end of the war), and after that my uncle (who I only see Thanksgiving and Christmas) sent my mom a book about Hitler's life. I became incredibly interested in the book, and researched more on the Second World War. By extension, I also gained interest in the Cold War, and have asked for "The Hunt for Red October" for Christmas. Anyway, I went to the library and bought a huge book called "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich", and it has enough details that I can confidently say that I will definitely pass History class :scootangel:

Thanks for asking!:pinkiehappy:

Back in 2008-2009 when I was 7-8 years old (I'm 14 currently), I played the game called "Warfare 1917", it's a side-scrolling, strategic flash game. It was awesome. Then a year later, the sequel called "Warfare 1944" came out. Then I look up on the internet, and I realized that both games are set in WWI and WWII. From that point, I started reading about history and famous people in history, but mainly focus on both World Wars. Also whenever I read a history book, I really like to read about the events in 1600s-1900s. Because I found it is very interesting for me.

Maybe I'm the only one here to know WWII from flash games. You can try play both of the games, it's awesome. :twilightsmile:

The Medal of honor games and Band of brothers.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 67