The Bionicle Group 241 members · 63 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I'll state right off the bat that this post isn't a guarantee of future viability, I'm only at the stage of preliminary modelling and testing the waters for interest.

I have the obj. file for a pony base which is imported to tinkercad at a rough scale of 4ft 6in in 1/12th scale (or about 114mm irl)

at that scale it's of the size that it could potentially be made into a full range of CCBS compatible parts.

so far I've got the ball joints on the torso done, but I still need to add cross-holes for wings, tail, and possibly armour, the idea being that they would be addon peices.

my priority at this stage is to get a basic pony form done, with wings, horns and hair to be worked on after, then things like armour and weapons (I've got an idea for a part that would fit on a horn to then all the figure to "telekinetically" hold a weapon)

Hmm. Are you aiming for "individual sculpted" heads or "Add On Detail" heads?

my aim is for there to be basic male and female heads devoid of details such as ears, horns, mane, then whoever would be obtaining the components would be selecting the specific parts to suit the character they want to make. the heads would also be designed to accept certain accesories such as hats and helments

Thought: Slice off part of the back and fill it with ordinary lego stud connectors. That way you can lock on a Mixel-style ball and joint piece for the tail, a couple of stud-to-balljoint connecters for the wings, and have the back be system slopes to connect the thing (and possibly tack on characters who want to sit on the ponies, like Spike or Random OC).

I can always offer that as another option

final update for the day, the first iteration of the torso is totally finished and the head is about 80% done, just gotta tweak a few things and add peg slots to the latter and that will be done

the aim is that there's provision for not only wings, but a saddle bag or armour

I'll also state that, should this work, I might consider making some Bionicle specific components to bring them to 1/12th scale whilst still being compatible with Lego constraction. that means one could have the Toa Nuva and Toa Mahri in scale with each other (the official sets tended to fluctuate in scale ever so slightly from one year to the next) whilst also putting them in scale with other non-Lego figures

Yes, please. This is an awesome idea and I love it! Don't mind me as I bookmark this.

I hope this idea does come to fruition; it would make stop motions of this franchise a reality.

Just out if curiosity, have you made any progress on this idea?

I tend to work on Tinkercad in fits and bursts, Safe to say I'll be posting an update when there's progress

Okay, I'll keep an eye out for any news on this; best of luck on this project.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11