Momlestia 1,971 members · 528 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Ok I know that many haven't seen or don't like Equestria Girls but I have and I do. So a thought came to mind, we don't know much about Sunset Shimmer apart that she is very much an anti-Twilight, but what about her relationship with Celestia? Could she have been a surrogate or adopted daughter to the Princess?

I demand fics about this right now.

I would like to see one to, and nice change of pace from the ones with Sunset being completely evil or crazy. She is a interesting character that deserves more fics

holy shit

mirror dubs

1629941 its kind if funny, I made this tread in PC concerning a similiar topic.... Until cockblocker deleted it....

Anyway, to answer the topic, I do want to make a story that features SS, but I do not like her character as a simple bully, so I threw it all out and made a new reason why she is no longer the student.

She was a powerful and well accomplished unicorn.... But then she woke up one morning and looked into a mirror. She reassessed her life and decided she wanted a family and to also allow another little pony to recieve the honor that she had been given.

Personally, I like my idea better/

Allow me to answer that question with a question.

Which Celestia?

:raritystarry:

*thinks thought questions with a confused look* Oh Principle or Princess Celestia, I was asking about Princess Celestia but that is a good question, since of the big plot holes (when you think about EqG being our world) is exactly how did Sunset get into the school when she has no ID or paperwork.

I like EQG. Also, I think this would be a neat idea to explore.

Well, one way to do it is to not have her turn bad till some time later which causes their estrangement. Celestia still feels for Shimmer, but sends her away to earth where she can't use any magic and hopes she will eventually learn. In the meant time, she has to be stern even though it tears her up.

Well, there could be a parallel human Sunset who got replaced by the equestrian one when she showed up. This was sort of alluded to with the case of Twilight when Pinkie said she had seen her before (though it could have just been Pinkie's breaking 4th wall to Equestria abilities so we will never know). This might have been the reason Twilight had to go comparatively alone (less changes to the human world).

Well, one way to do it is to not have her turn bad till some time later which causes their estrangement. Celestia still feels for Shimmer, but sends her away to earth where she can't use any magic and hopes she will eventually learn. In the meant time, she has to be stern even though it tears her up.

According to Sunset Shimmer's wiki article, the 9th Comic deals with her history, specifically where she voluntarily jumped into the mirror against Celestia's will

EDIT - If Momlestia was in play, I suspect Celestia coddled her too much as a child leading to an entitlement syndrome. It does have interesting implications if Celestia learned to be more aloof in Twilight's apprenticeship(As in, how one looks at Twilight's devotion, believed to be because Celestia was close to her as a child, if she was trying to be aloof and not repeat the failure of Sunset Shimmer so close to Nightmare Moon's return)

I am now really looking forward to that comic.

That would definitely explain a few things about the Celestia-Twilight relationship. This could spell the Twilight fic I am writing rapidly becoming alternate universe to some extent. It is definitely a part momlestia story. Technically, it is two stories in one (they intersect) and one of them is momlestia (specifically, Celestia is a third parent for Twilight (she is in addition to her other parents)).

I like Sunset Shimmer as the one dimensional villain they portrait... sorry?
I think she was just a child at Celestia's school that showed great potential, Celestia took her as a personal student, merely mentored her in magic, and she ended up being a bad apple, that's it.

Glad that comic is coming, for some reason I completely don't understand, I just don't care about what the fandom is doing with SS. But I'm willing to accept any canon stuff they make for her. :pinkiecrazy:

Sooo tired, brain cannot compute.

*brain.exe crashed*

Hmm, interesting.
Unlike others who may have their problems with shit, I foresee no problems with you making this.:twilightsmile:

If you were referring to the fic I am writing (forgot to do reply), that won't be what gets me flack. It will be the other part of the story (Twilight is a trans mare and was just outed to the mane 6 and it didn't go well, so she left to the comfort and advice of mom).

An interesting idea to be sure. I would take it a step futher though a put cadence as her surrogate sister.
Makes for a better tragedy.

1630601 I try not to give a shit, giving shits causes problems and then everyone starts bitching.

Personally, I was hoping for Sunset Shimmer to be the Shishio Makoto to Twilight's Himura Kenshin.

I was unimpressed by what we got :fluttershysad:

Well the comic prequel seems they had the same relationship as Celestia does with Twilight Sunset most likely hid she bitchness it did turned sour after the mirrow

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18