Life in Manehattan 362 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

This is not exclusively a story idea, because it's not exclusive to a single story. Really, it's an idea for an additional character trait for a member of the CMC. (NOTE: I've only read up to the beginning of What You Are in the Dark, not counting Mother Shows Best, which I heard a reading of.) I've already seen the idea of one of the Manehatten CMCs, Firecracker I believer her name was, Idolizing Trixie. I'm a little disappointed that it's so similar to my idea, though I don't know if it's been done yet or not. But I had a similar idea.

Though I don't have a specific member in mind, I think it would be neat if one of the Manehatten CMCs actually idolizes Octavia. For starters, this is idolization, not a crush. So I'm not looking for a Spike 2.0 (though it may be amusing to have Spike misinterpret idolization as love...assuming the character is male). Basically, the character is a fan of music, and specifically Octavia. I personally like the idea of a foal trying to play a viola the same way Octavia plays the cello (because of the size difference). And later on, a good piece of character growth would be if that kid found out that his/her special talent is in music, but in a completely different instrument. That means that they would have to learn to stop trying to emulate their idol and start being their own pony.

So yeah, I don't know if there are five members of the Manehatten CMCs yet, or if more would be allowed later on. I do however have to admit that I think it should be a pegasus. I don't know why. It's just what comes to mind. And it might be neat if a pegasus tried to hold a bow with their wing, though wing size may be an issue in that regard.

And even if my idea isn't implemented, tell me what you think of the idea. I like it because you wouldn't expect to see Octavia as an idol for a child. Yeah, she can be good with kids (as seen in A Horse Shoe Win). But idolization is something else, as well as one on one interaction. But I've rambled long enough.

Yeah. I definitely see your point about the potential. Unfortunately, I can't help much with the idea at present. I WILL try to think of something though.

Skyeheart
Group Contributor

I can add to that. The premise would be their school organizing a symphony orchestra band, and the CMC all sign up.

Yeah. That DOES sound like it has a great deal of potential.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4