Life in Manehattan 362 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Right, well, this is the one that everyone has heard about by now. Synopsis:

The Cutie Mark Crusaders try to help a female griffon, named Gabby, earn a cutie mark.

I took my time putting up this thread because I wasn't quite sure what to say about it. See, the thing is... I don't want this episode. I don't think the basic premise is likely to contribute anything of value to canon, but it could interfere with a certain Manehattanverse character. As such, this is preemptive permission to ignore the canonicity of absolutely anything that happens.

All that said, we should get started. Does anyone have any headcanons about griffons?

Well, personally, my headcanon on griffons is that, well, griffons have their different personalities, much like any other sentient race. Some are surly, short-tempered and greedy. Others are actually pretty nice. In addition, griffons can have different skill sets too (beyond generally combining the flying ability of the Pegasus with the strength of the Earth pony in the bodies of anthro-birds that can grow slightly larger than the average adult pony). However, one thing a lot of griffons have in common; even the less violent ones enjoy a good challenge. Of course, anybody can feel free to respectfully disagree or add to this if they wish.

Skyeheart
Group Contributor

Like bird and cat types, they have different class builds. Their land lies across the ocean to the east, built in the rocky cliffs and mountains that provide a natural stronghold of wind and rock. With the fall of the last king, Guto, to the brigand king Arimaspi, the griffons fell into a state of disarray until the first warrior-emperor rose up to reunite the clans in driving out the bandits and cutthroats that now plagued their lands for good. From the ashes of the griffon kingdom rose the griffon empire, a nation built not on gold, but steel, determined to make sure nothing of their sovereignty was ever threatened or stolen again. The constant increase in military might and mistrust of outsiders eventually lead to conflict with their neighbors south in the Minotaur isles and deserts of Saddle Arabia. A failed diplomacy attempt from Equestria led to the pony-griffon war that eventually ended in a truce when neither side had the resources to continue fighting. Knowing that another war of such scale would lead to mutually assured destruction, the two sides signed a non-aggression treaty, and have been understanding allies ever since. Their mastery of weather surpasses even the pegasi. In fact, their emperor is also a demigod-like being, whereas the princesses control the celestial bodies, he governs the four winds of the world. Their primary trades are smithing, fishing, stonecutting, and safeguarding.

5474999 Yeah. I have to admit, I really like this. Thanks for sharing this with us.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4