RWBY Fan Club 700 members · 133 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

I just watched the latest episode of rwby fairy tales about my favorite species of Remant the Faunus

In the second half humans and animals fought but both wanted peace, so the God of animals offered it to them but only if they both excepted his judgment. They did and became the first generation of Faunus but like Edward and Alphons Elric have said about the laws of Alchemy " To obtain something of equal value must be lost."

What did they loose? The animals lost their their emunaty to the the Grimm who've never hurt them before and the humans lost their homes and loved ones because they feared what they've become thus began centuries of conflict and discrimination

Equivalent exchange! What do you think?

I've never watched RWBY: Fairy tales, but I didn't want to as, like World of Remnant, this expanded universe stuff is really infuriating as a canon RWBY fan.

Let's quickly talk about the Grimm only targeting humans thing, because it leads into a point about this show that's so frustrating. As many fans may be keen to point out, the reason why Grimm attack humans is because human beings possess negative emotions, unlike non-sapient animals the Grimm ignored, and the Grimm themselves can sense negativity when hunting. The problem is I only know all that because of supplementary material from expanded universe stuff, it's not in the show! The Grimm targeting humans is painfully absent in volume 4 and beyond where, as far as we know, what's standing in the way of this relationship is just 'Grimm only attracted by negativity' or 'they lack of soul, unlike humans and animals'.

I shouldn't have to read a book or play a video game or whatever in order to know this stuff. If this is really how it works, then the show should say it, but the show doesn't say anything! Even non-sapient animals do have negative emotions for a good reason to survive in the wild: parenting, territoriality, predation, hunger, thirst, etc. so maybe Grimm can also hunt animals too, and they too can have semblances and aura to defend themselves. Also, the whole humans and animals going to war against each other is an unrealistic concept since non-sapient animals don't go to war against human beings, and humans can hurt animals other than food since we're too intelligent.

It's why I'm not even bothering to look up EU explanations for stuff, like the Four Maidens in World of Remnant. It's not in the show, so what does it even matter!? The EU seems to exist purely to explain the problems with the show, but in turn, the expanded universe has its own collection of people who had their own ideas for how RWBY should be, and it's a big problem because they sometimes ended up directly contradicting what the show says if they say anything at all! This is why when I'm watching the canon series, I'm going 99% by only what's in the show, because that's what I'm watching!

Telling me that some discrepancy or goof is explained the way in a comic or a book or a video game or something doesn't help. Because how the heck am I supposed to know that!? It's not in the show! It's not. In. The. Show!

7601465 No offense but paragraph breaks are a thing you know. This looks like one run on sentence.

While I do agree with a few of your points, I do have to ask: you are aware of what a fairy tale is right?

A interesting thought on the animals but what about the humans, they lost things too do you have an opinion on that

I fixed it. Although even if the paragraph is terrible, that's all I had to edit.
Yes, a fairy tale is just a legend, and it was never meant to be true; however, in RWBY, it was shown that fairy tales turned out to be real somehow, like the Silver Eyed Warriors, the Maidens, and A Man with Two Souls (Ozpin and Oscar), and I'm not sure if RWBY: Fairy Tales counts as canon.
I'm no anthropologist or sociologist, I'm only into non-sapient animals, both alive or extinct, and I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Honestly, it makes sense considering the tale of The Two Brothers also had an equivalent exchange theme.

From what I understand, the Two Brothers used to be one being and said being split himself but instead of himself and a copy it was the Two Brothers with their own goals and desires.

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not.

TBF, The Emu War. Also, RWBY wouldn't be the first media to have a fairy tale or the like have some basis in truth

Yeah, but at least the Emus didn't join the war, they just ran off when they're under attack, and thanks to the environmental company, the Emus won.

Also, RWBY wouldn't be the first media to have a fairy tale or the like have some basis in truth

I've seen Fantasy shows that have that trope before as in the real world, religions, mythologies, and fairy tales were metaphorical.

True, though who knows, there may be some more truth to those myths. Whether it be a mythicized historical thing, or something truly supernatural....

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15