Miss Harshwhinny is Best Pony 397 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 38 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 38

This is a spoiler-free thread to discuss the "SPOILER ALERT" THREAD! (Warning! Contains spoilers for the "Spoiler Alert" thread!). If you want to post spoilers for it, go and do it in that thread instead!

Skywriter
Group Admin

Without saying too much, the "Spoiler Alert" thread absolutely blew me away.

I know! That tidbit about [REDACTED] was incredible, if true!

Skywriter
Group Admin

Wait, the "Spoiler Alert" thread contains a tidbit of something?

DAMNIT, MISPLACED! I have been carefully avoiding all spoilers for the "Spoiler Alert" thread, and now you go and blow that by not only just spilling all over this ostensible spoiler-free thread that the "Spoiler Alert" thread contains not only a tidbit, but an incredible one? Geez!

Skywriter
Group Admin

Because I know you personally, and know what you like and don't like, I consider the fact that you just told me that you liked the "Spoiler Alert" thread as tantamount to telling me something about that thread. DAMNIT, SKYWRITER!

Well, I may have told a blatant falsehood about there being a tidbit in order to not reveal whether or not there was actually something discussed. And that last statement may be a lie, by the way.

I liked the [DATA EXPUNGED]. That [REDACTED] guy is really smart!

Uh dude? Aren't you complimenting [REDACTED]?

Skywriter
Group Admin

NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!!! NOT EVEN TAGGED ONES!!!

1509113 1509120

YEAH! WHAT HE SAID! MAYBE!

Skywriter
Group Admin

Wait, so what can we talk about regarding the other thread?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Wait, what? It's a thread?!? ARRRGH!

Skywriter
Group Admin

Um, Sky? Not only is the thread self-evidently a thread, it announces the fact that it is a thread in the title of the thread.

Skywriter
Group Admin

I'VE BEEN KEEPING MYSELF SO COMPLETELY FREE OF SPOILERS THAT I HADN'T EVEN READ THE TITLE YET! AND NOW YOU GUYS RUINED IT!!! :flutterrage:

Dude, that you're even aware that spoilers even exist implies that you have some prior knowledge of them. So don't go getting so high and mighty on us!

Skywriter
Group Admin

Wait, spoilers exist?!?

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! :flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

horizon
Group Contributor

Frankly, I think the point of spoiler warnings is completely lost when content becomes old enough to have entered the public consciousness. Hello?!? The spoiler thread was posted like TWO WHOLE DAYS ago. If we're going to avoid spoilers for it we might as well start banning people for saying Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father.

horizon
Group Contributor

**This user was banned for the previous post**
Reason: I still haven't seen Star Wars yet. Jerk.

Reason: I still haven't seen Star Wars yet.

Which version—the original theatrical release, the pre-Special Edition release, the Special Edition release, the 2004 DVD release, or the 2011 Blu-ray release? It's important to know so we don't incorrectly spoil the finale of the cantina scene.

Hey, speaking of Star Wars!

Did you know that one of the movies(original, pre-Special Edition, Bootleg VHS) TOTALLY rips off the ending to the Season 2 two-parter?

It's frame for frame. Google it.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father

AAARRRGGGHHH

original, pre-Special Edition, Bootleg VHS

That means it's the pre-pre-Special Edition, i.e, the original theatrical release. There was a theatrical re-release in 1981 which included a number of small changes, dubbed the pre-Special Edition.

AAARRRGGGHHH

So you've seen The Empire Strikes Back! That's almost Luke's reaction, word for word!

Skywriter
Group Admin

...this... this was supposed... to be... spoiler-free... thread...
(quiet sobs)

But I said "almost!" That means what I wrote wasn't quite what Luke said! How, then, is that a spoiler?

Skywriter
Group Admin

"Rosebud" is the name of Charles Foster Kane's shed.

Skywriter
Group Admin

AAARRRGGGHHH

It's a good thing I don't know what a "sled" is, or you'd be in so much trouble…

"Sled" is the past tense of "Slay", I think.

Example: "Oh Horizon, you slay me!" "That jerk Misplace done sled me when I weren't looking!"

The More You Know!

horizon
Group Contributor

That's actually a common misconception due to the two words being homophones.

The past tense of "slay" is "slayed" (or, archaically, "slew").

The past tense of "sleigh" is "sled".

horizon
Group Contributor

Did anyone else notice that 1508970, in starting off this very thread, gave us spoilers for the Thread Not To Be Named? What with providing a link, (complete with thread title! :pinkiegasp:) letting us know where the thread could be found.

Skywriter
Group Admin

1522894, 1522984, 1526578
Who said anything about sleds? I clearly typed "shed." We are talking about a small outbuilding on the grounds of Xanadu, stately home of Charles Foster Kane.

YOU'VE SPOILED THE MEANING OF THE WORD "SHED!" GET OUT OF THIS THREAD, AND NEVER DARKEN IT AGAIN WITH YOUR PRESENCE!

stately home of Charles Foster Kane

Meanwhile, back at stately Wayne Manor, home of millionaire Bruce Wayne and his ward, Dick Grayson…

Skywriter
Group Admin

Wait, what?!? YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE WORD "SHED" MEANT BEFORE THIS?!?

AAARRRGGGHHH I DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW THIS YET

horizon
Group Contributor

Meanwhile, back at stately Wayne Manor, home of millionaire Bruce Wayne and his ward, Dick Grayson…

… Two superheroes toil diligently to foil the vile plans of the Joker!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 38