Miss Harshwhinny is Best Pony 397 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 55 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 55

It suddenly struck me that seasons 1 and 2 of MLP:FiM have no Lovingcup Harshwhinny in them AT ALL! :rarity cry: Let's set up a petition to Hasbro and DHX Media to have this egregious oversight corrected ASAP!

I just hope it doesn't delay the start of production on season 5.

WHAT?? :pinkiegasp:

How can this be?? I swear I saw her in...or was it...but wasn't she in...

:rainbowderp: :raritydespair:

Skywriter
Group Admin

What? But she's in the credits of every episode. Who do you think that big white horse with the four-color mane is?

Like 1440594 said, she's in every opening. But I can understand the confusion, that was filmed before Ms. Harshwhinny got her bitchin' tan(as debuted in Games Ponies Play).

And now you know.:pinkiesmile:

I thought that was her daughter, Celestia. Twilight Sparkle has never mentioned being Ms. Harshwhinny's student.

horizon
Group Contributor

No no no. Remember Twilight mentioning that she sends friendship reports to Celestia? Celestia is clearly Harshwhinny's bound dragon, the same way Spike is Twilight's, and the reports are sent via inter-dragon post. :moustache:

horizon
Group Contributor

1440594 1441835
Wait a second, does this mean we DO have a Harshwhinny emoticon?

:trollestia:

THEN WHY DOES CELESTIA LOOK LIKE A PONY?!

horizon
Group Contributor

Convergent evolution.

Then why didn't Twilight recognize her at the Crystal Empire train station? Or when she ran into her outside of the Crystal Palace?

Bitching tan(duh), and to a lesser extent it was also probably the new hairdo(short an' sassy) and the fact that she'd loss a little weight.

Twilight didn't know who the Games Inspector was, so she clearly wasn't expecting Celestia/Ms. Harshwhinny to be there. Add in those minor changes, and the general confusion caused by Ms. Peachbottom on top of it all, and it's no wonder Twilight didn't make the connection.

Besides, Ms. Harshwhinny spent decades working on her 'Celestia: Princess of the Sun: Ruler of Equestria pt2' persona and directing Twilight around via magic post-it notes. Showing up in pony and dropping the act entirely is the best disguise in the world! Really, Twilight failing to recognise her is another victory for Ms. Harshwhinny.

You've just made my case for me! At no point in season 1 or 2 is the relationship between "Celestia" and Ms. Harshwhinny ever expounded upon. If one of us—they faithful who deify her Harshness—can make such an error, you can now see how simple it is for one of the uninitiated to make the same error. The only way to rectify this is for seasons 1 and 2 to be remade, or at least have a few new episodes inserted to clarify who's who.

Perhaps some sort of denouement-esque episode, or a kind of 'behind-the-scenes' deal would be a good way to handle that?

You know, gather the mane 6 together at Canterlot with the Princesses and The Harsh could lay it all out for them. Her various ponisonas, the "truth" behind the alicorn-thing, her many many Batman Gambit plans and so on. They could even use it as a gateway for season 4 and a catch-up for newer followers.

Skywriter
Group Admin

I heard that the feature film was originally going to be Miss Harshwhinny delivering plot exposition for 72 minutes.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Still would have been better than "Equestria Girls."

Skywriter
Group Admin

Please. Let's keep this thread away from pro- and anti- "Equestria Girls" arguments and instead focus on the eminently sensible idea of remaking entire seasons of the show so that Miss Harshwhiny can be in them.

Skywriter
Group Admin

SHE IS ALREADY IN THEM

ARE YOU EVEN READING THE THREAD

YES, I'M READING THE BLOODY THREAD! The problem is that the average viewer is not going to realize that he/she is watching Ms. Harshwhinny in seasons 1 and 2. Unless one is already versed in Ms. Harshwhinny's "Celestial" subterfuge, one can easily assume that she doesn't even exist until near the end of season 3. Hence I feel we should petition DHX Media and Hasbro to either insert new episodes into seasons 1 and 2 to fill in the gaps, or remake the two seasons entirely.

If it's good enough for George Lucas and Star Wars, it's good enough for us! After all, who wasn't confused that Han shot before after at the same time as Greedo!

horizon
Group Contributor

1450332 1451223 1445911
Slight problem. If Celestia is really Miss Harshwhinny in disguise, how come they had to hire a totally new voice actress to do her princess voice? Since Veena Sood was judged worthy to provide the HW's auditory representation, shouldn't she by definition have had the range to play "Celestia" as well?

horizon
Group Contributor

Maybe they were trying to keep up the ruse so only true fans like us spotted the Easter egg.

horizon
Group Contributor

Excuse me, but I'm pagan, and your reference to "Easter" is highly persecutory and offensive. Please stick to the secular name for the holiday, "Lapine Resurrection Egg-Feast Day", unless you also are willing to honor the celebrations of non-Christians like myself.

horizon
Group Contributor

I'm sorry! I'll try harder to be inclusive.

What religious holiday do you celebrate in place of Easter Lapine Resurrection Egg-Feast Day?

edit: Sorry! :fluttercry:

horizon
Group Contributor

It's cool, man. Thanks for trying.

I celebrate Lupercalia. We sing these awesome bunny resurrection songs.

horizon
Group Contributor

1451416 1451408
Not to butt in, but "Lupercalia" has nothing to do with bunnies. Rabbits are lapine. Wolves are lupine. Also, that feast is in February, and I don't know any pagans who celebrate it except for Greek or Roman reconstructionists.

horizon
Group Contributor

It was a typo I meant Lapercalia DON'T OPPRESS ME

horizon
Group Contributor

Ummm, so would it be okay if I referred to "Easter and/or Lapercalia eggs"? Or am I missing out on other religious-based holidays?

horizon
Group Contributor

The talking dinosaur once mentioned, in one of our long sunset walks along the ocean in Borneo — my leash slack in the cool, crisp spring air, and the screams of our fleeing fellow beachgoers echoing amid the gulls' cries — that back home HE would have been celebrating the time-honored festival of Harshday, the anniversary of HIS goddess' accidental powering down and her subsequent reboot five years later during the Ceremony of Remembrance.

(Sigh.) Not that it matters in this dead-end universe cut off from your timestream, but I still miss HIM.

- f.SSH

horizon
Group Contributor

The actual pagan Easter equivalent is called "Eoster" (or "Oester", depending on who you ask), although some pagans question whether the festival was anything but Christian to begin with. It's probably safest to say "Spring Equinox" is the closest relevant pagan holiday.

horizon
Group Contributor

1451462 1451581
sHUT UP IT"S LAPERCALIA STOP CENSORING ME AND THE UNDEADICATED BUNNIES

i HAVE A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF FESTIVALS

horizon
Group Contributor

1451551 1451572 1451581 1451602
Okay, so, "Easter, Lapercalia, Harshday, Weasel Stomping Day, Spring Equinox, and/or Lapercalia, which gets mentioned again because you're shouting" eggs?

horizon
Group Contributor

Or the acronym ELHWSSEALWGMABYS eggs, which, if you're Welsh, rolls off the tongue as "el-WHOSE-see-loog-MAH-buhs". :twilightsmile:

Joyous ChristmaSolstiHanuKwannzaVus!

Skywriter
Group Admin

As a member of the Church of Literary Perfection, I'm personally and religiously offended by your typographical errors.

1452680, 1451455
I'm not offended in any way because I am an all-inclusive Separatist Republican Carnivore.

Carry on carrying on with your misbegotten pagan hootenanny.

Skywriter
Group Admin

I just want to point out that I find your last post to be incredibly inoffensive.

My apologies. That was unbecoming of me.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Since he wasn't offended, isn't that more becoming than unbecoming?

Skywriter
Group Admin

1454430, 1454762
WHAT IS HE BECOMING?!?

CHANGELING FILTH!!!

Skywriter
Group Admin

Calm down. Obviously, no one here is a changeling.

Of course not. "Becoming" would imply that I became something other than I am, or began to be in a new state of being/mind. I am still the same, so, ipsofacto I did not "become". Not "becoming" = "Unbecoming."

LERN2INGLISSPLZ

As 1454786 mentioned, no one here is a changeling. Obviously.

The only Queen we answer to is Her Harshness, may her rule be long and firm.

horizon
Group Contributor

I'm still trying to make an inclusive list of all the holidays so I don't have to fall back on the phrase "Lapine Resurrection Egg-Feast Day". Does teh the Church of Literary Perfaction Perfection celebrate an equivalent to the Christian Easter?

edit: oh (deity of your choice) sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry :raritycry:

horizon
Group Contributor

1454780 1454786 1454927
Nobody ever believes I'm secretly a changeling. :ajsleepy:

horizon
Group Contributor

Well, are you?

horizon
Group Contributor

:twilightoops: Um …

:twilightblush: No? Ha ha, that's silly. Why would I be?

I have never believed you to be a changeling.

Skywriter
Group Admin

We have exactly one holiday. It is called "Infidel-Smiting Day". I have added you to the list.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Periods go inside quotes. Better add yourself to that list.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 55