Miss Harshwhinny is Best Pony 397 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27
Skywriter
Group Admin

Hey, guys. I was browsing this thread and thinking about "Fighting is Magic" when all the pieces finally clicked together. Check this out:

1. Hasbro C&D's the "Fighting is Magic" game.
2. The Mane6 development team are forced to start from scratch, so they ponder the idea of whipping up their new Lauren Faust-drawn four-footed not-related-to-pony fighting game with a more robust gaming engine than the one they had been using.
3. Lab Zero, the creators of "Skullgirls," offer the Mane6 staffers free use of the Z Engine if they are successful enough on their Indegogo campaign fundraising drive.
4. In addition to securing the Z Engine for Mane6, the Indegogo drive is eventually successful enough that Lab Zero is able to add three new playable characters to their own game.
5. After a lengthy and controversial fan-contributor vote, one of the characters selected to be included in the new "Skullgirls" update is a professional wrestler with a fantasy motif. This character's name?

BEOWULF, also known as THE ONLY CHARACTER IN THE HISTORY OF WESTERN LITERATURE WHO IS SUPERIOR TO MISS HARSHWHINNY.

Holy soup, it all makes sense now...

You don't think Robert Zemeckis is an investor in Lab Zero's Z Engine, do you?

:rainbowhuh:
Now come one. That doesn't...make...any....

:rainbowderp:

horizon
Group Contributor

WAIT, IT GETS WORSE! Consider:

* The "Z Engine" is named after the last letter in the English alphabet.
* The last letter in the Greek alphabet is Omega.
* Beowulf is the hero of the Geats.
* The two words "Omega" and "Geats" share the letters A-G-E in common.
* According to the Brony Study, the age of a statistically average brony is 21.
* At 21, Americans can legally buy alcohol.
* What did Hasbro do after issuing the Fighting is Magic C&D? THEY RELEASED EQUESTRIA GIRLS.

In conclusion, this is all a carefully orchestrated conspiracy to drive us to drink.

Skywriter
Group Admin

HOLY SHIT HOW HIGH DOES THIS THING GO?!?

Skywriter
Group Admin

1341493, 1341958
It gets better. Remember "Griffon the Brush-Off"? The primary antagonist is named "Gilda," which means "Golden" if you use the Anglican derivation of the name rather than the Celtic one. "Golden" is also the name of a town in Colorado, the home of the largest single-site brewery in the entire world (Coors). The MLP / booze connection is so obvious! Why can't the sheeple see it?

horizon
Group Contributor

1342368 1341493 1334538
Gilda's nemesis in the show, Pinkie Pie, doesn't walk anywhere. What does she do? She hops.

Also, Rarity's special talent is finding precious gemstones, like diamonds. The biggest producer of whom is … De Beers.

:trixieshiftleft: :trixieshiftright: :trixieshiftleft:

Skywriter
Group Admin

And what about the fizzy cider that makes people all happy when they drink it?

Skywriter
Group Admin

You... just don't get the point of an elaborate conspiracy theory, do you.

Skywriter
Group Admin

What, aren't we trying to link MLP and booze?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Yes, but not in such a gauchely obvious fashion.

horizon
Group Contributor

Then this video ought to be evidence against the conspiracy:

We'll have to think up something even more absurdly obscure.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Right. Clearly everypony dancing around talking about beer is, if anything, evidence that beer does not exist and this is all some subterfuge to cover up something more clandestine.

Skywriter
Group Admin

So... Pinkie Pie hopping around is evidence for beer, but everyone yelling "beer" is not?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Exactly. That's how life works. Every time something is presented as being obvious it's just a subterfuge.

horizon
Group Contributor

You're right. I think I've established evidence of something far more profound at work here.

Since a work with the depth of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic clearly lends itself to Qabalistic numeric analysis, I looked up words with the same English Gematria value as "beer" and discovered that it matches … are you ready for this? … "Bible".

(To prove that I'm on the right track I looked up the EG value for "Celestia", and she matches "Jesus".)

Harshwhinny's EG value is 882 …

… hold onto your hat …

which matches Horse Feathers.

Every single beer reference in the show is a hidden message:
Word of God states Harshwhinny becomes an alicorn in season 4.

horizon
Group Contributor

Is this the same Gematria in which "Cadance" equals "Nice", and "Cadence" equals "Feeble"? Because if so I don't think we can trust it.

horizon
Group Contributor

I think you're misreading it. "Cadance" clearly maps to "bees", and "Cadence" to "bacon". Who wouldn't prefer bacon over bees?

Skywriter
Group Admin
Skywriter
Group Admin

Vegans would feel that eating bacon and eating bees are both wrong.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Who said anything about eating the bacon? I use bacon as a fashion accessory.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Guys, I hate to say it, but this numerology thing is absolute bollocks. It's just another way for people to draw meaningless connections based on arbitrary criteria which are subsequently given importance infinitely outstripping their near-random genesis.

Skywriter
Group Admin

That's just what I would expect someone whose name is numerologically equivalent to "He has fallen from common Hebrew greed" to say.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Did... Did you just try and dis me numerologically? Look, my name is also equivalent to "Applebees Veteran's Day 2010." It doesn't mean anything!

Skywriter
Group Admin

Or it means everything. How much is your near-fetishistic attachment to Cadance influenced by the fact that your name is equivalent to "Crystal Gene Activated"?

Skywriter
Group Admin

IT IS NOT INFLUENCED BY THAT AT ALL THAT IS MY ENTIRE POINT

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27