Miss Harshwhinny is Best Pony 397 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 46 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 46

[youtube=hnlquKcFM58]

Two references between 0:44 and 0:55! Sounds like the One True Pony™®©(pat. pending) is paying a visit to Ponyville in the not-too-distant future! :pinkiecrazy:

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

The cutie mark crusaders and Miss Harshwhinny? I'm not one of the writers, honestly...

(Wonder if they read 'Cutie Mark Crusaders Game Inspectors'?)

--Sweetie Belle

Skywriter
Group Admin

Hey hey, guys! Looks like this group has its very own "Magic Duel" coming up in S4! I, for one, welcome the scads of new character development that will doubtlessly be heaped upon our beloved Harshwhinny, seeing as she is clearly going to be the primary protagonist of the entire new season! You wonder who the sixth star represents on Twilight's new cutie mark? It's Twilight Sparkle! The large central star is now Miss Harshwhinny.

horizon
Group Contributor

Oh sweet stars yes!!!!!! :rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:

From 4:11 to 5:24, the alicornicated Harshwhinny can clearly be seen preparing to square off against one of the other, less important but taller, goddesses who rule the sky. I think this is pointing toward a complete overthrow of the diarchy and a new sports-based regime.

horizon
Group Contributor

That's clearly Twilight Sparkle, not Harshwhinny. She's wearing the Element of Magic tiara.

horizon
Group Contributor

Did you even read 1330495?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Don't you mean "Twilight Sprinkles"?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Oh, great. Now that she's officially a recurring character we have to deal with the scads of kiddies coming in here with their "smartphones" and their "twitters" who'll just hang around because Harshwhinny is the "in" thing now. They won't know or care about the long history of the appreciation of the character. We'll try to say things like "stern majesty" and they'll just look at us funny. It's Eternal September, man.

Skywriter
Group Admin

That's a little harsh, Skywriter. The important thing is that people appreciate Harshwhinny. It shouldn't matter how, or why. Just put on those hipster shades and reassure yourself that you liked Harshwhinny before it was cool.

Skywriter
Group Admin

It's like the artists don't even understand the character. Now all of a sudden Miss Harshwhinny can't fly? Since when? I'm only even going to watch this episode to see how thoroughly she manages to pound those two witchy ponies, whatever their names are.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Um, Sky? That's Scootaloo, not Miss Harshwhinny. Miss Harshwhinny is only mentioned, not shown.

EDIT: Wait, what about flying?

Skywriter
Group Admin

You know, how the witchy ponies said that Miss Harshwhinny shouldn't be flying at her age. She's in the prime of life, man! How on earth can you say that all of a sudden she can't fly?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Dude, Miss Harshwhinny isn't a pegasus.

Skywriter
Group Admin

She's obviously a pegasus. She just hides her wings under her blazer.

Skywriter
Group Admin

But... she... I mean... what are you even talking about?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Okay, let's look at the facts. (1) Miss Harshwhinny is very athletic. Pegasi are very athletic. While Applejack, an earth pony, is very athletic, the ponies most interested in sports as an institution are clearly pegasi (see the bully ponies in Cloudsdale, all of whom have athletic-related cutie marks.) (2) Miss Harshwhinny inspected Cloudsdale for the Equestria Games. How could she have done that if she wasn't a pegasus? Only Twilight knows the cloud-walking spell. Whatever fanfics might tell you, (I'm looking at you, Skywriter,) the cloud-walking spell is a pretty rare beast. Twilight didn't even know it existed before the events of "Sonic Rainboom," and she's the most magically-talented unicorn in all Equestria and Celestia's star student. If cloud-walking spells are as common as all that, why on earth didn't Twilight mention it specifically right out of the gate?

Skywriter
Group Admin

There is so much wrong with your lines of reasoning that it is actually physically hurting me. What about Rarity's dad? He's got a football (hoofball?) cutie mark.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Also a pegasus. His wings are just under his flower-print shirt.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Look, by this rationale, Rarity's mom is probably an alicorn, as you don't see her with her shirt off either.

Skywriter
Group Admin

:rainbowderp:

...oh my bucking alicorn... yes... the last missing piece of my head-canon...

I HAVE DISCOVERED THE FANDOM GOD-PARTICLE.

RARITY'S MOM IS PRINCESS LUNA IN DISGUISE.

All the pieces... clicking... into place...

No, no, NO! Luna's mother and daughter is Twilight Sparkle. Celestia is Twilight's sister as well as Luna's, making Rarity Luna's uncle's stepfather's marefriend's foalsitter's great^47-grand-cousin, eighteen times removed. Assuming I've translated the scribble in the margin of Starswirl's 487th grocery list correctly, that is. :trollestia:

Skywriter
Group Admin

Heh heh. Heh heh. You said "hooters."

Skywriter
Group Admin

Technically, only linked to a video of hooters.

That came out all wrong.

Skywriter
Group Admin

So I was totes hoping for a killer rock song about the Heinlein story "All You Zombies." DENIED. They just wrote an 80's idiot-social-culture-friendly rock song that totally had nothing to do about getting romanced by your time-travelling transgendered self and becoming your own mother and father simultaneously.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Sky, can we bring this back around to Miss Harshwhinny, please?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Okay. I propose that Miss Harshwhinny is her own mother and father simultaneously.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Okay, good. How and why?

Skywriter
Group Admin

PURE AWESOMENESS.

The correct title of the story is, '"—All You Zombies—"'; the quotation marks and dashes are important. I looked for a song other than the Hooter's, believe me, but their song sharing the title was the best I could find. But as long as someone gets the reference…

On a related note, I'm still trying to work out how Celestia is both Luna's and Twilight's sister, if Twilight is Luna's mother and daughter.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Anything is possible with Harshwhinny.

horizon
Group Contributor

> RARITY'S MOM IS PRINCESS LUNA IN DISGUISE

> Luna's mother and daughter is Twilight Sparkle. Celestia is Twilight's sister as well as Luna's, making Rarity Luna's uncle's stepfather's marefriend's foalsitter's great^47-grand-cousin, eighteen times removed.

> Miss Harshwhinny is her own mother and father simultaneously.

1360746 1357791 1350129 1345848 1345845 1345832 1345830
GUYS

GUYS

IT ALL MAKES SENSE

WE HAVE DISCOVERED THE GRAND UNIFIED HARSHSHIP

The Harshwhinnies are their own parents, and gave birth to twins — but two Harshwhinnies was too much awesome for a single universe, so they had to create two at once and break up to live in one apiece. Thus, Harshwhinny^1 and Harshwhinny^2 are two alternate-universe duplicates — one from Equestria, one from a land where everyone's a dinosaur except for Miss Harshwhinny.

The Harshwhinnies are the forebears of every single alicorn (and thus, indirectly, the entire pony race).

Celestia and Twilight are both daughters of H^1 and thus sisters; Celestia and Luna are both daughters of H^2 and thus sisters.

horizon
Group Contributor

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS‽‽

Wait a second. If the HWs are parents of all alicorns, what about Cadance?

Where did Celestia come from if the Harshwhinnies are twins?

Also, who are "Sp" and "Ra"?

horizon
Group Contributor

Cadance is merely the ancestor of every single non-princesscorn, and didn't have any alicorn children, so I left her off the chart. I'm pretty sure she's Luna and Twilight's daughter though, since the Harshwhinnies couldn't have given birth to a lesser princesscorn without the powers to move the heavens, and the "Molestia" shtick is severely overrated.

Celestia came later, when the Harshwhinnies had a brief fling together as exes and had a little "accident."

Sp and Ra = Spike and Rarity.

horizon
Group Contributor

So … um … Spike is Celestia and Twilight's …

And Rarity is his …

AAAAHHHH HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK

OKAY I GRANT YOU THAT'S PROBABLY LUNA ON THE LEFT BUT SPIKE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE HER DAD

horizon
Group Contributor

Of course you wouldn't recognize him, he's wearing a hat and moustache.

horizon
Group Contributor

1362684 1350129

> … making Rarity Luna's uncle's stepfather's marefriend's foalsitter's great^47-grand-cousin, eighteen times removed.

Okay … so Luna's uncle is H^1, whose stepfather is H^2, and her marefriend is Twilight, whose foalsitter is Cadance, and since she's the primogenitor of all ponykind, her great^47-grand-cousin is … carry the two … Twilight; then descend the lines for eighteen generations … Luna, Twilight, Luna, etc … Luna, Twilight, Spike … and then finally —

HOW DID YOU EVEN GET THAT TO WORK

horizon
Group Contributor

I told you, it's the Grand Unified Harshship. It explains EVERYTHING.

horizon
Group Contributor

Time travel.

horizon
Group Contributor

They're time travellers.

horizon
Group Contributor

Time travel, man. Don't question it.

horizon
Group Contributor

okay guys this is cute and all but its totally impossible because —

horizon
Group Contributor

1362895 1362898 1362901
— sTOP DOING THAT IT MAKES MY HEAD HURT

Skywriter
Group Admin

Wait, did Harshwhinny 1 and Luna give birth to... Luna?

Skywriter
Group Admin

No, to Twilight. You probably got confused by conflating the two adjacent curving lines.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Oh, good, or else this would be ridiculous.

So who was the mommy and who was the daddy?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 46