Miss Harshwhinny is Best Pony 397 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25
Skywriter
Group Admin

Guys, I'm trying to build a Miss H. playlist for my iPod Nano, and I need some suggestions on filling it. I've already got the theme to Chariots of Fire by Vangelis and Maksim's "Olympic Dream (Eden Mix)" because of their strong athletic ties, but I'm coming up short.

Don't be afraid to suggest obscure MP3s that cost 19.99 per track, either. Nothing's too expensive for the H.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Um, what possible relevance does weird pagan-looking bald guys with bagpipes have to Miss Harshwhinny?

Skywriter
Group Admin

They're both awesome?

Gotta agree with 1068488 on this one.

I am surprised no one mentioned "Eye of the Tiger" yet.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Good one! On that note, why has no one mentioned "Daisy Bell"?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Um, what song is "Daisy Bell"?

Skywriter
Group Admin

You know! "Daisy, Daisy / Give me your answer, do. / I'm half crazy / all for the love of you". That one. Blah blah blah "bicycle built for two" blah blah blah.

Skywriter
Group Admin

I am absolutely failing to see the relevance.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Dude, you're trying to build a Harshwhinny playlist on an iPod Nano? That's, like, the most UN-Harshwhinny mp3 player. No wonder you're having trouble.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Suggestions for a Harshwhinnier device, pls?

Skywriter
Group Admin
Skywriter
Group Admin

128 meg? It can hold fourteen songs, total?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Exactly. Your collection must be efficient and spare, without an ounce of padding. Just like the H-mistress.

Skywriter
Group Admin

A true Harshwhinny fan would find a single perfect track and divide it across several 1.44 meg floppy discs, placing them in his computer sequentially.

horizon
Group Contributor

Magnificent. You somehow unlocked the secret Mëtäl upgrade to Wolfstone. I have a new band to obsess over.

Wolfstone's got some great HW music, too (if you stick to their earlier stuff — their later albums mellowed considerably). Like "Tinnie Run":

If you can pick up "Quine Fae Rhynie" and "The Howl" as singles, they'd be my #2 and #3 HW-list recs from the band.

One caveat: Loading up your HW playlist with scottish rock may result in your stories acquiring an abundance of kilts, cabers, and brooding muscular heroes staring philosophically across windswept moors.

horizon
Group Contributor

> an abundance of kilts, cabers, and brooding muscular heroes staring philosophically across windswept moors

I fail to see the problem.

horizon
Group Contributor

Pink Floyd, "Run Like Hell"

Isaac Hayes, "Run Faye Run" (from the Kill Bill soundtrack)

And almost the entire "Run Lola Run" soundtrack, for that matter, which is chock full of sweet hard-driving pulse-pounding techno, and if you've seen the film you can't fail but get supremely athletic visuals stuck in your head.

horizon
Group Contributor

Dude, branch out a bit. The HW isn't one-dimensional.

What about her workday? Her ceaseless, tireless inspecting? "Stress" by Jim's Big Ego is perfect.

horizon
Group Contributor

(Casting kayfabe to the sward for a moment: Are you actually assembling a for-real HW playlist? Because I know that this is a thing you do when you want to write stories. Are you writing a HW story?)

(because if so: :rainbowkiss:)

horizon
Group Contributor

Did you know that if you google "Harshwhinny mp3" this group is the top search result?

Skywriter
Group Admin

I don't actually own an iPod nano, if that answers your question.

horizon
Group Contributor

"Olympus Coliseum" from the Kingdom Hearts OST.

horizon
Group Contributor

A tribute to the greatest and best song in the world, for the greatest and best pony in the world:

horizon
Group Contributor

I'm going to have to disagree here. No offense to the HW, but Luna and Celestia own that song.

:trollestia:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25