Miss Harshwhinny is Best Pony 397 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 47 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 47

No PM notification, the notifications themselves are borked, and worst of all, THERE IS NO MISS HARSHWINNY BACKGROUND THEME!!!!! :flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

horizon
Group Contributor

It's unfriendly to readers with disabilities. My alopecia already makes life difficult enough. :pinkiesad2:

horizon
Group Contributor

I'm MASSIVELY OFFENDED that knighty didn't post a thread announcing the change so that I can rage at him in comments for two hours straight about all the perceived flaws in the new site design. How am I going to announce that he broke it and I'm leaving FIMFiction forever if I don't have a better soapbox than my blog?

horizon
Group Contributor

THE COPYRIGHT DATE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE NOW SAYS MLP IS © 2013 HASBRO. THE SHOW CLEARLY STARTED IN 2011. HE'S OPENING THIS SITE UP TO ALL SORTS OF LEGAL ACTION AND OUR FANFICS WILL ALL GET SUED OUT OF EXISTENCE.

horizon
Group Contributor

Well, I'm currently stationed at McMurdo Station and I appreciate that the new theme correctly uses the southern hemisphere's autumn colors. I can peer out the window, past the unending barren expanse of snow, toward the eternal sunset on the horizon, and I'm almost able to pretend that somewhere on Earth there are trees shedding their leaves.

I miss the trees.

horizon
Group Contributor

Le design est horrible. Il ne ressemble pas à la fanfiction site web de la Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme. Pourquoi sont petits chevaux dans toutes les images dans la partie supérieure? Qui êtes-vous lunatiques qui écrivent à propos de putain de chevaux? Où sont les histoires sur les motos?

horizon
Group Contributor

502 Gateway Comment Error

horizon
Group Contributor

horizon
Group Contributor

horizon
Group Contributor

785007 785008 785009
GODDAMMIT KNIGHTY.

horizon
Group Contributor

Will you all get serious and focus on the real problem? Scroll up to the top of the page. The site update splashed Miss Harshwhinny in the face.

horizon
Group Contributor

785023 it was like that before

horizon
Group Contributor

Well, they still should have fixed it!

Skywriter
Group Admin

I'M LEAVING THE FANDOM.

Skywriter
Group Admin

I hear if you submit a story that consists entirely of the Konami Code and it gets past moderation, it unlocks a full Harshwhinny theme complete with background and headerimage and everything. Oh and the menu bar turns ULTRAVIOLET when it's on because ULTRAVIOLET IS AWESOME.

Skywriter
Group Admin

It's also invisible, dumbass.

I hear if you submit a story that consists entirely of "Do a barrel roll!" and it gets past moderation, it rotates your screen. It continues rotating until you unpublish the story.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Does it rotate the image on your screen, or your actual entire screen?

Your whole monitor. Damn thing almost rolled off my desk until I caught it.

Skywriter
Group Admin

This... this is incredible. It literally does not stop unless you unpublish the story?

What powers it? Nothing?

Could you hook a dynamo up to your monitor? HAVE WE FIGURED OUT A WAY TO REVERSE ENTROPY?

I would, but then how would I read fanfiction?

Skywriter
Group Admin

DAMNIT MAN

THIS IS THE LIFE OF THE UNIVERSE WE'RE TALKING HERE

plus it would give you free power and stuff

DAMNIT YOURSELF I WANT MY PONY WORDS

I'd have to attach my whole computer to the device to keep my cords from getting tangled up, and I didn't spend $2000 on this high-end gaming rig so I could spin it around.

I bought so I could read about Twilight Sparkle coming to terms with her feelings for Ms. Harshwhinny.

Skywriter
Group Admin

FREE UNLIMITED POWER AND ALSO DASHWHINNY IS THE ONE TRUE SHIP. YOU ARE WRONG IN TWO WAYS.

IF I WANTED UNLIMITED POWER I'D JUST JOIN THE DARK SIDE AND DASHWHINNY IS TEH SUCK. YOU ARE ONE WHO IS WRONG IN TWO WAYS.

Skywriter
Group Admin

785839, 785864
Ease back on the throttle, you two.

People get like this whenever there's an update to the site. It'll pass soon.

Skywriter
Group Admin

I'LL PUNCH YOU

I'LL PUNCH YOU AND ALL YOUR PETS

Skywriter
Group Admin

Seriously, Sky. Chill.

Remember the First Rule of...!

horizon
Group Contributor

"Miss HarshwhinnAI may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm"? How does that apply?

… Oh sh*t, is she upset at the site update too? :twilightoops:

No, that's a Law. I was referring to the First Rule.

When I have just spent hours comforting a filly whose entire world was filled with 502 errors? Why would I be upset?

From a technical standpoint, as far as the update is concerned, there are still glitches. When a popup appears telling you that you have 2 new notifications, and you click on it, it takes you to the notification page. However, the new notifications, 9 times out of 10, are on the feeds page instead.

Also, if you apply filters to your favorites, it never updates the total number of favorites shown, or number of pages, leaving you with many blank pages at the end. And that's just what I have found with a cursory inspection.

Oh course, that is my special talent.

Skywriter
Group Admin

The new update changed all my cabinets and converted my house from gas to electric heat.

Skywriter
Group Admin

I'm gay now, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't before. Damn you, Knighty!

Skywriter
Group Admin

The new update caused the world to be ruled by talking dinosaurs!

Skywriter
Group Admin

Actually, that was horizon.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Oh, sorry, I haven't been on the site for a while. I assumed they were the same thing.

Further on issues with the upgrade, I've also encountered a 502 error or two since then, so it isn't just SweetAI Belle.

Skywriter
Group Admin

More importantly, are you gay now?

While human notions of romance make very little sense to me, if I was to look for a romantic partner, arbitrarily excluding half of the potential candidates also seems highly irrational. This has not changed with the update.

And this was a website update, not a system software update on my databanks, so no part of me should have changed in any significant way.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

So many 502 errors. I really don't like this update.

Just a note to anyone else out there that may find yourself in this situation (though admittedly, it's unlikely). This clip here:

[youtube=bkj9uTEnz64]

does not, in fact, hold a candle to being stuck alone in a room with the real thing for several hours.

I'm just glad arcum42 started making things more interesting in the area you default back to in memory when there are internet issues, and outfitted it with an easily accessible library of books, even if they were mostly from project gutenburg.

I think SweetAI Belle went through Alice in Wonderland and most of the Oz books today,

Skywriter
Group Admin

Maybe you could download some of these fics for future reference and put them on local memory?

Not a bad notion. It should be easy enough to download all the fanfic in her favorites and in the fimfiction group she started, since I know she likes those.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 47