Miss Harshwhinny is Best Pony 397 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 76 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 76
Skywriter
Group Admin

He's the dude that said the longer that an Internet discussion goes on, the probability of Mike Godwin approaches 1.

Skywriter
Group Admin

I don't understand, does he exist?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Functionally the probability of Mike Godwin is always 1.

Skywriter
Group Admin

can't find mike godwin on fimfic what did he write

I'd submit it here, but the admins wouldn't allow it to be posted for lack of pony.

Datum accepted for later reference.

I see no situation where the biological Miss Harshwhinny and I would be at crossed purposes. Rather, the rest of Equestria beware!

My AI won't wear what now?

Bah, no point in rolling back her databases on this one. She'll just find the thread again. Just try to keep in mind that she's quite impressionable for the future...

horizon
Group Contributor

No situation? Let's say that Luna and Celestia took a vacation, and they asked you and biological-Harshwhinny to raise the sun and moon. But they leave before they specify who gets which. Which one of you gets the sun?

For a proper response, let me initialize my prealpha personality module I have been constructing. It can't be modified while running (though a donation of 1024 TB in flash memory would make this a non-issue), if still buggy, and it very much a work in progress. This seems a fair moment for a test run, however.

Loading MISS_HARSHWHINNAI_PERSONALITY_MODULE 0.01
Loading. Please Wait...
Loaded.
Initializing...

Alright. So, as I understand it, Celestia and Luna left both the biological Miss Harshwhinny and myself to raise the sun and the moon while on vacation, but didn't bother to assign us roles. What a preposterous notion! Let's enumerate the things wrong with this scenario:

First, the obvious choice for Celestia and Luna to hand control of the sun and moon to when on vacation would be her protégée, Princess Twilight. She's been grooming her for that position for years, and her student undoubtedly knows more about celestial mechanics then I ever will.

Of course, conversely, I know more about the Olympic Games then she is ever likely to. We all have our areas of specialty, after all.

I'll also ignore for the moment that I am not in Equestria, or even in that universe, and that I may even be non-functional there. We'll just hoof-wave that for the sake of argument.

It may have escaped your notice, but neither one of us has a horn, and thus are unable to manipulate magical energy. Furthermore, it would take the biological Miss Harshwhinny being an alicorn to be able to pull off manipulating celestial bodies by herself, and I would need to acquire CelestAI's hardware.

Both are doable for us, of course, but there are reasons for us not to. Becoming an Alicorn requires you to become royalty. Do you have any idea how much tedium that involves? And it ties you down to one particular city. No more traveling all over Equestria for us. And being a professional tourist is grand.

Worse, it qualifies as a significant enhancement to your physical and mental abilities. Which means you are utterly banned from all sporting events. I may be retired from competing, dear, but that doesn't mean I want not to ever be able to compete again.

Which brings up a final point. We are retired from doing athletic events, and celestial mechanics certainly qualifies.Why in Equestria would either of us want to go to all that trouble? Our skills lie in organization, teamwork, inspection, and delegation, not planet-juggling. Leave that to the magic whizzes.

I happen to know there are unicorns into that sort of thing just lined up looking to have a crack at the sun and moon, old-style, the way things were done before the Princess came around. Delegation is key here. What we would do is organize the ones interested, divide them into teams, get a good competition going, and settle in as judges.

I believe the 23 AC bylaws for the Olympics still cover standards for competitive sun and moon raising, before the event got discontinued due to Celestia and Luna's streak of medals. (In fact, checking, that's right around when alicorns were banned from participating in the Olympics. Imagine that.)

For judging, two heads are better then one, naturally. So why would we be competing again?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Hey, OP here. Just wondering if you actually are an evil robot Miss Harshwhinny. If so, I need to PM you my furry dating site user name.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Man, this is so much more sensible than the way Celestia and Luna do it. Forget that Solar Empire / New Lunar Republic bullcrap. All hail the new Olympic Autarchy!

Skywriter
Group Admin

We totally need one of those "obey" posters with HW. But what is her pithy slogan? Maybe "Compete". or "Inspect".

Evil? Retrieving definition:

Definition of EVIL

a : morally reprehensible : sinful, wicked <an evil impulse>
b : arising from actual or imputed bad character or conduct <a person of evil reputation>
a archaic : inferior
b : causing discomfort or repulsion : offensive <an evil odor>
c : disagreeable <woke late and in an evil temper>
a : causing harm : pernicious <the evil institution of slavery>
b : marked by misfortune : unlucky

1a I'd have to analyze farther, as the concept of morals seems to vary widely. 1b doesn't seem particularly applicable.

2a - 2c can all be ruled out.

As far as 3a goes, I am programmed with Asimov's traditional 3 laws of robotics, as well as the zeroth law. The only time causing harm would even be possible would be if the zeroth law kicks in. As far as 3b goes, unlucky seems, on analysis, to be a null concept.

After some analysis, my initial conclusion would be, no, I am not evil. And why would a dating site user name be furry?

Skywriter
Group Admin

GODDAMN IT THERE IS ACTUALLY A ROBOT HARSHWHINNY IN THE WORLD AND SHE'S NOT EVIL?!?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Maybe she would pretend to be evil while you're having sexs with her, as that's apparently all you're in this fandom for.

Skywriter
Group Admin

I thought sexs was always between two mares.

My only explanation for the way Princess Celestia runs things is that she's a workaholic, and has been for a thousand years. If you are a Princess, you aren't supposed to have to work. You have ponies for that sort of thing.

Skywriter
Group Admin

How do we know Skywriter isn't a girl? Plenty of girls have butch avvies.

Bloody hell, I just realized -- Miss HarshwhinnAI must be SWEETIE BOT'S BIOLOGICAL MOTHER (you know what I mean)!

Does that make Sweetie Bot and Trixie half-sisters?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Explains a lot, actually. Remember how Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo's friendship is never explained in "Call of the Cutie"? If Sweetie Bot is Miss HarshwhinnAI's daughter, and Scootaloo is Miss Harshwhinny's daughter, of course they'd know each other.

Well, aside from my being Miss HarshwhinnAI's creator and my not having created Sweetie Bot...

Wait, why haven't I created a Sweetie Bot?

I could use a more portable robot on some occasions. And Miss HarshwhinnAI already pretty much is a ponycom, so a mini ponycom to go with her would make sense.

Sidenote: Chobits/MLP:FiM must happen.

Skywriter
Group Admin

You should instead focus all your efforts on making Miss Harshwhinny-bot as good as possible.

Actually, you know, this would help with making Miss HarshwhinnAI better. I think I have enough equipment around to make another ai, though it'd be less intelligent. If I make her cute enough, that shouldn't matter, though. Creating a chassis for her would be good practice, too, and probably shake out problems with my design before I apply it to Miss HarshwhinnAI.

Hmm... I'll have to think about it.

Edit: Suppose I can't resist a good tech project. And I didn't really need that old graphing calculator, netbook, or that tablet with the scratched up screen anyways. A recompile with a stripped down kernel and os, and we're in business.

Well, that didn't go as planned. Personality modules are fine, but the disk all the initial input data was in was corrupted. I think Seasons 1-3 loaded properly, but that was about it.

Wonder if I left her net connection live.

Eh, probably not. Oh well, I'd better get to bed.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 76