Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Did it even boost her power level?

5591674 Hmmmm.... By compare her's duels with Lord Tirek & Starlight Glimmer, when she used her powers at maximum . I have to say no.
Against Tirek, Twilight was "borrowing" Cadance, Luna & Celestia's magic to defeat Tirek. So that doesn't count as her own.
And against Starlight, Twi was barely able to hold her own against Starlight, and was unable to forcibly stop her.

So Twilight never got some massive magic buff when she transformed into Alicorn.

5591817 Then the transformation was dumb.

Also fuck starlight she's a mary sue.

Then the transformation was dumb.

Pretty much.
( Unless you count Hasbro's attempt to sell more toys with this new product. )

I know the alicorn magic was a big deal in "Twilight's Kingdom" episode, but it seems to me that it wouldn't have made any difference, if the four princesses were all unicorns. Like, whether a pony is a unicorn or alicorn makes no difference as to the strength of their magic. It just depends on their natural talent. For sample, If you look at starswirl the bearded. He was just a unicorn, but one of the most powerful sorcerers of all time.

Also fuck starlight she's a mary sue.

Eeyup. :eeyup:
Before her "reforming", she did remind me about Dragon Ball Z's the legendary Super Saiyan Broly. Both were filled with hate of the main protagonist and both got very powerful.
Because "Plot armor", Twi couldn't beat Starlight. The same reason Broly got so powerful.

5591997 Broly? I guess, but while I kinda like broly and kinda hate his fans, Starlight Glimmer is everything I hate about canon and fanon Broly UP TO 11. PLUS HARD MARY SUE TRAITS AND PLOT ARMOUR. And character shilling instead of something to make her redeemable or feel redeemable or redeemed.

5592032 At least Broly was awesome villain.
While Starlight Glimmer was designed to be "a bitch" from the start.
And after "reformed", Hasbro may presume fans to like her. ( As we did Sunset Shimmer. )
Except we didn't.
I don't care what Starlight's reason's were. She still and with malicious intent tried to ruin another's life, simply because Twilight had the audacity to prove she was wrong.

5591940 I feel the same way, what a travesty the show has become thanks to all these decisions:twilightangry2:

5592078 Dude. YES! Plus, broly was an entertaining (usually) psycho, while hasbro assuming, THAT'S THE PERFECT WAY TO PUT IT! They haven't made her redeemable or likeable, and she hasn't redeemed herself!

The way I see it, the only way she can redeem herself at this point is to sacrifice herself to either stop a monster she created or some new monster. And while I loved Trixie, seeing her get brought back AS A FUCKING PROP ATTACHED TO STARLIGHT is not what I wanted!

And while I loved Trixie, seeing her get brought back AS A FUCKING PROP ATTACHED TO STARLIGHT is not what I wanted!

I have waited so long to see Trixie's comeback too. :ajsleepy:

5594733 Dude, me too. Evil Trixie was a start, I was hoping for her to become awesome and heroic, study real magic instead of illusion, go through some kind of "hard work is good and works! Better than being all flash and no substance" montage/arc...

Then she's just used to make the blind Trixie fans love Starlight. HATE.

5599631 Well I basically ignored whole episode, since I couldn't stand to watch Starlight in the episode. ( constant reminder of how a manipulative, perfectionist and control-freak Starlight used to be and she got away from her crimes. )
So I don't know if Trixie has improved her skills.

Then she's just used to make the blind Trixie fans love Starlight. HATE.

Obviously Hasbro was trying to get us to like her. Adding Starlight with a popular ones, hoping bringing out more Starlight's goodness and make her look good with the others.
Probadly hoping to reach the same love, what Sunset Shimmer got. Except it won't happen here.

I actually liked Starlight as a villain. Being a total bitch and psycho villain. She was sooooo annoying character with her cuteness and innocence, that I was waiting her get to punish. To Wipe that smirk off her face.

*Starlight taunting*

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12