AppleDashLight 609 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 40 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 40

I can't be the only person in all of Equnity who has thought of this.

It's pretty much law that Twi/Dash and Apple/Dash are the two biggest ships in the fandom. Is this ship a middle ground for both factions to combine their united love? Or does everypony just agree Rainbow loves/sleeps around with everypony? Or that she has the most to gain from the two mares who are the most level headed? That they all come from three completely different walks of life and their united experiences are what make this work?

... So why aren't more people in this group?

I tend to think it's because most people don't really consider relationships with more than one pony, but when they do, it's favorite ships combined.
And of course, that TwiJack :rainbowwild:

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

Not necessary something that influence my liking of this ship, but haven't you noticed that these three mares, are the most experienced as compared to their race counterparts in the Mane six?

Applejack is a more in-tune Earth pony than Pinkie
Twilight has more magical prowess than Rarity
And Rainbow Dash is a better flyer than Fluttershy :ajsmug:

2367529 Xenophilia tackled it well, and that's one of my favorite fan fics of all time.

We naturally as a species moderately lean toward monogamy, but not all of us and not all cultures. I wish I could give you a percentage on history and cultures, but 75/25 is a rough ballpark.

Anyways, that's why it's such a culture shock: We've been used to - and socially/culturally trained - to emotionally bond extensively with just one person that intimately. While I like many of my friends, and love a few, I can say there are two people who I can say I love you intimately and not feel bad about it. However, since I am not dating - nor wish to for personal reasons - one of them, I don't feel bad about it. I know I could never date two people at once and feel... 'right'. The emotional side of me wants to make the intimacy argument, but the logical side of me says you are just slamming cultural values in that manner.

I fucking adore Twilight. Skeptical rationalism all the way.

So there's a reason why this doesn't work for a good majority of people. We've developed an emotional attachment to these characters and to see three of them develop feelings for each other is still a culture shock. Xenophila even more so since it's a female dominated world in which they slightly kowtow to a male dominated sex life. I adore that story, but that doesn't feel right to me at all. Twi/Dash/Jack is three equal - hopefully? - mares, not some slight powerplay/cultural... thing. I'm rambling.

All of the three way relationships I've seen in my twenty five years on this planet have all failed. Western culture just isn't meant for it outside of swinging.

And I got myself into Twi/Jack by writing my own novel. I've never got into a ship by writing it myself. :rainbowlaugh:

2367572 I have subconsciously now that you think about it, since I have always thought of earth ponies as biologically supercharged compared to their peers to make up for the lack of the other races awesomeness. Where Loyalty Lies does it well. Passive magic that super charges their heart/lungs/muscles/bones. Stronger/tougher/need less sleep/recover from fatigue/injury faster. With enough training they can literally break through brick walls.

:applejackconfused: Woah... wasn't expecting that much. It's all very interesting, though, and that's one of the good points about AppleDashLight; they're all the strongest, most capable mares out of the mane six. I really should read Xenophilia, it's everywhere.:pinkiesick:

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

I liked the concept of Xenophilia but not the pairings. (or how Dash turns into a complete softie with Leo)

2367630 I type between seventy and a hundred words a minute depending on energy level and how much I have to think about what I need to say. It's kinda nice and it's from a lot of MMO's and being an English major. Being able to type fast is kinda nice for those fields. Just a pinch.

I also just love to study and read about culture/history/psychology/the brain. My brain is fucked up, might as well read about brains that aren't quite as dinged :pinkiecrazy:

But yeah, I think that's the point, and it's true with me a bit too. You don't want to have to compete with affection toward two people intimately, and that is what causes most affairs is that you burn out on the current partner. Three way relationships usually is a result of one partner having a fall out, and either two stay together or it shatters the whole thing. Or two of them develop feelings far stronger for each other and the third gets left out. It can be extremely emotionally draining and damaging if that balance starts to get out of whack. It's a very real fear people can have.

However, I think the reason the sixsome stories/ships/orgies work is because they already are a sisterhood and it's either six friends getting themselves off or sealing their friendships even more so. It's more of a group love mentality that the Sacred Band of Thebes - I think? - exploited.

They were a group of Hoplites who had a lover inside of the group, and so it was a company of hoplites who were emotionally, physically, and intimately bond to one another. They literally were fighting for each other and the survival of their state and lover. They were one of the few troops to beat the Spartans.

Xenophila is poetry in motion, and it focuses more on Rainbow/human than human/Twi side of it. It is some of the most beautiful writing of erotica - clop is an insult to the quality. It is erotica - ever written. It really is. It's arousing on so many levels, and I've teared up reading it because the sex just connects like past lovers did for me. His descriptions of physical touching, fondling, and orgasms - and oh god his kissing and snuggling and foreplay and everything - is just... ugh. I could go on forever. Just be prepared for that shock that Equestria is a male sexually dominated society as a 'counter' to being socially female dominated.

2367637 You have a good point. She goes - far - too soft even for her own good. That might be my only complaint with Bluebird Song is how soft she can get, but that story is her doing an almost spiritual awakening of her at an enlightened peak of what she could become, so I forgive it.

SHL

I like AppleDashLight 'cause I saw two very good fics about it XD

Also, I think that the three are the best posible option for a romantic three-way. Why? They compensate each other in so many ways.

Yeah, maybe the idea of Dash willing to sleep with hottest mares makes things more easy XD

Pinkie isn't actually an Earth Pony, merely a terrible unknowable eldritch monstrosity pretending to be an Earth Pony.

I wish I could type so fast :ajsleepy: Then again, I couldn't really be bothered to write that much anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter. And that things with two in a threesome falling more in love with each other than the first is giving me an idea for a story I'm going to have to write at some point, once I've thought it out more.

2367766 This is also relatively true in that they balance each other out in ways, which is why I've got into Apple/Twi out of writing my own work. I can't wait to work more on this! Another under rated ship, much like Rare/Dash, which is something that is also underated and something I've half got myself into by writing it.

I... am mixed on my feelings about Applejack and sexual attraction. She's a hot blonde, and I'm so so on the freckles and the voice can be amazing or droning depending on the mood. The muscular flank... not so sure.

I do like her black crotch though. My canon damn it. Everyone else is colored the same but she's special.

2367816 It took half a decade for me to reach this speed. I think. Something along those lines. Maybe even a bit more. I used to remember when I needed to look at the keys. Now I really only do that with numbers and complex marks.

And I would love to hear this idea.

Believe me, this is all I've got so far:
Twilight, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash are in a relationship, then Rare/Dash develop deeper feelings for each other when they were both originally obsessed with Twilight and just normally interested in each other.
I should develop it some more :ajsleepy:

2367918 ...

This could be a lot of drama, a very unique couple I haven't seen before, and it could go in many, many directions both dark, morally, and romantically.

Don't give me ideas...

Tchernobog
Group Admin

It's a mixture of the three best ships, and it hits all the bases.

AppleDash is the ship where the physical brings them closer - they're both characters that enjoy workouts, be it on the farm, or in the air. They have similar opinions to things, love to challenge each other, tease each other, and will always be the first line of defense for the others.

TwiJack is... well, the comfortable ship. They're both logical ponies. They think in similar fashions. It's the ship that you should see stories of that shows the strength of family - the extended family, or the one they build for themselves. It can be very, very fluffy, almost boring - these two don't really cause trouble like the others can. It's a different type of ship, but a very good one.

TwiDash is, well, adventure. They're an odd pair, but are similar as well - both aim high - Twilight as the princess' student, and now as a princess. She aims to be the best she can be - and this is similar to Dash, who aims to be the best flier of all. They think differently, but they offer each other support, and open up doors for each other that they normally would not have.

All three together, you have a tease-fest, cuddle-pile that will go on adventures and blast everything down with sheer awesomeness, but also know when to kick back and just be awesome.

I know I've explained it pretty crappily, but the three of them mesh so damn well it's almost scary. You could make a show just of these three and call it a day.

I'm surprise TwirirDash (or RariDashLight?) isn't more popular, I mean they practically have their own episode together (Dragon Quest).

2367934 They love workouts in more way than that. Rainbow cut back on the gym time because of Applejack.

They both do love freedom, but Applejack can be very conservative at times where Rainbow bucks tradition in the face and goes for the extreme. Because... that's her. And that's good. You want conflict. That can absolutely be a fight starter with Rainbow saying and doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

And that's how I got into Twi/Jack, and writing them - and rewriting them - is making me realize that more and more. They are the firmly grounded - baring Twilight's breakdowns - ones who get more serious around each other but also morally share a lot too. They have an extremely strong sense of ethics that resonates well between them. I don't find it boring. I could write - should? - write a down to earth version that can be filled with those little moments that can truly make a relationship sparkle. They will have their own set of jokes, much like Rainbow/Dash would. And all three of them together would. Dear god are all three of them combined comedic gold. They can all pile up on each other depending on which two are picking on who. It's... priceless.

Twi/Dash also open each other up. Twilight mellows Rainbow, Rainbow opens up Twilight to give her more spirit and have more bookgasm moments in life. Twilight helps get Rainbow into a more reflective mind of who she is and what she wants to become. Open up that affectionate side of her.

Cuddle pile? Maybe. Haven't extensively studied that. Glad we both agree it's teasing until one of them does a groan/whimper/pout.

You sir are bias on this ship. You need to calm down now.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

NEVER

NEVER YOU HEAR

2368018 But I thought Apple/Dash was best ship for you?...

Tchernobog
Group Admin

It is. AppleDashLight is right behind it. Like, breathing down it's neck.

SHL

Once again, Tchernobog speaks truth and kick ass.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

If you really want a good explanation, ask bats or bookplayer.

2368463 2368410

KiltedKey's scenario of world domination.

Step One: Write AppleDashLight romance with jokes. Add personal growth and conflict, and possible fight. Perhaps add clop for total realism.

Step Two: Publish.

Step Three: ???

Step Four: Profit!

Step five: Dbz and Tchernobog die due to wish fulfillment filled.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

Must DO!!!

And of course, clop is never wrong:duck:

2368644 So you, and SHL, and Tchernobog, and Bats all want this story with clop?

Why are you all such perverts!? Rainbow can only take so much magical cum up her plothole at once and give Applejack so-

Wrong thread. Nothing to see here!

SHL

You could do it with or without the clop, as your choice. I enjoy a good clop (and you're an excellent clop writer), but that isn't all ^^

2370035 2368644 2368463 Don't tell anypony but there is a 50/50 chance A.A.A will turn Rare/Jack/Dash/Light into a swinging/possible four way couple/friendship pact/feel sorry for Rainbow for how much Skittle juice she'll be drained of.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

Must tell everyone

2373890 I haven't reached that far into it yet! I still have revisions in E.E.E! It'll be two months before we reach that point. :fluttershysad:

It was sorta/slightly ish the idea as they went along, since all four of them were getting into dating together/open to exploring. I am heavily leaning on either independent Flutter/Pinkie or those two being solo throughout the whole comedic saga of derp. I write in notes and let the characters drive the story. It was supposed to just be twi/Dash! And then it turned into Rare/Dash, and then suddenly Twi/Jack...

"Darling, you must try my lovely Dashie's liquor. It really does taste like Skittles, and despite being a mare of fine tastes, how could I say no to that?"

"Ya have ta be kiddin' me!"

"I assure you, Applejack, that I am not making this up. Am I, sweetie?"

"I-I-I... uhh..."

"So Rainbow has FSD...'

"FSD?"

"Flavored Secretions Disorder."

"My pee does not taste of sugar."

"Oh for buck's sake, Dasha, that's info I didn't need to hear drunk. Or sober."

"Twilight... that can't really be a real..."

"It is. The science fields are heavily male dominated, and the thought of sexual fluids having a flavor makes them jealous. It's why they call it a disorder."

"You have a point. Which is why it is all the more prudent you give Rainbow a taste."

"M-m-me!? I-"

"Aww hay yeah, Rarity! Teach Twi' how ta lick a barrel properly. She's still strugglin' with that."

"Applejack!? Is this what you think of my cunnilingus? Rainbow! Over here. Now."

"W-w-what-h-h-hey-ahh! Tongue... Ahh..."

"Well that escalated quickly..."

"Go get her, Twi'! Insultin' ya works! How does she feel, Dasha?"

"T-t-too busy getting eaten out... C-c-call-oh friggin yes."

Blame Tchernobog.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

Blame Tcherno?
Praise him!!

Tchernobog
Group Admin

:scootangel:

To be honest though, I care more about the relationship, the romance, than the clop. I don't mind and certainly enjoy it, but I'd rather see a romance than clop for AppleDashLight.

2375349 Oh man, I agree.

I know for a fact I can not write a apple/dash romance and do it justice. I know and am honest enough to myself to know I don't have the spark that could be conveyed for the two.

Twi/Dash? Heck yes I could. My two favorite ponies and I love them both so much.

Twi/Jack? I'm writing that now by mistake. I can't wait to write more of it!

But the moment you Insert twilight into the apple/dash some chemistry inside of my brain clicks. Something makes them bounce off of each other that I can't quite describe. But I'll try.

Apple/dash I can write comedic ally since the two are so blunt and almost guy like with their insults and jests. They constantly one up and butt heads and I love writing that. I have a feeling if Rainbow was pushing comedically on twilight applejack would be unable to stop laughing.

Twi/dash is a walking wall of sarcasm and snideness. God save Applejack if she ever says something not funny but attempts to be funny. Or the joke was too good of a hole for twi/dash to punch through.

And twi/Jack? They will make rainbow whimper with their honesty and blunt talking at prodding rainbows ego with comedy. Is rainbow boasting? Let's just nod until she tears her own argument apart. Or just bring up again and again where Rainbow has done something stupid. Am I right overall? Am I just inserting things?

They are comedy gold to me. Maybe even more so of the epic battles of rare/dash.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

They /are/ a gold mine of chemistry, and interaction, but a lot of what i see you describe is that, the hilarity of it. Not so much the romance aspect of things~

2375513 I might just be a one on one romance person, my friend. I've never seen three way relationships last.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

That's what I'm looking for, though. The romance, the interaction between the three through it,more than just pure sex or pure teasing/ganging up on each other.

SHL

50/50? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

I praise the both of you

2375349>>2375507>>2375513
That three are the best three way relationship ever. So many potential....

2376458 How did you get converted to Rare/Dash? And they happen to be the four characters I can write well. I'll get to a.a.a as soon as my perfectionist side of me is done with E.E.E.

Now add Rarity into the mix. Poor anypony!

SHL

How many freakin' times I must say that I like almost every ship? XDDDD Heck, I'm in the RariDash Group thanks to the Aliance with TwiJack!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 40