The Great and Not Obsessive Trixie 1,639 members · 2,048 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Now that Trixie is obsessed with Starlight rather Twilight can we create a No Starlight folder. (Possibly even add stories too Twilight obsessed to be in the group originally).

I say this because I personally don't like Starlight, and I know others also don't like her, but I don't want conflict just a simple way to filter out stories people may not prefer.

Please don't attack me for disliking Starlight, she is a fictional Character, I would love to have a calm discussion why i dislike her and where you can give answers why you like her, but this wouldn't be the place for it.

She's not obsessed with Starlight. Your bias colors your views on what would be a good folder structure for the group.

Trixie was obsessed with Twilight in the show. Enough to save up bits working on a rock farm in order to purchase a dark magic/cursed artifact to get revenge.

She's just good friends with Starlight.

You can love or hate whatever characters you want. Nobody cares.

Thats fair, I don't mean to cause a problem. I just want a way to fliter out Starlight Stories, but if this is causing an issue I can delete this thread. Please respond if you want that.

I think deleting the thread would prevent others later from reading it and hearing both your side and mine of this question. By default, I think that's a bad thing.

As for filtering Starlight out: you can. Use the main site search function. You can use a group as a search argument. Group:####, replacing #### with this groups ID of 197489

So you could search, for example,

group:197489 -#starlight-glimmer

and only get stories that are in this group and don't have her character tag.

Contrast that with your request. You'd need other people to do work to create a folder that caters to your interests. People would need to read all the potential stories that could go into this folder and decide if they make the cut or not. All so that you don't have to read things that maybe have the character.

I think the mindset of "the group needs to do a bunch of work in order to make this goal I have of finding certain kinds of stories easier" isn't reasonable. Not anymore. It used to be the case that a lot of folks were eager and enthusiastic for these groups and making folders and sorting stories in them. But that was never a good system to begin with and it was always a lot of effort to use. Now there are way fewer people willing to do that effort. Hell, this group is pretty dead. Two of the admins haven't logged into Fimfic in years. The next most recent thread here besides yours was someone looking for prereaders, and before that nothing since last November.

Who would even do the work you're asking to be done even if it was a good idea and you didn't have a better way to get what you want?

I didn't know about this function in fimfiction so thats why I made this request. Thank you for telling me about it. I didn't mean to be an issue and I'm glad I can filter stories without causing extra work for people.

This is why it's fine to ask. You got to learn about a tool that I hope you will find useful. Maybe others in the future will read this and learn also.

All good, man.

I would also like to 2nd a no Starlight folder. I originally joined this group way back to find varied Trixie stories rather than the same repeating Trixie Twilight. Nowadays we're back to the same problem but now it is just the same repeating Trixie Starlight instead.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7