The Price of Loyalty 503 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

One of the most crucial staple of a well established fandom (or a part of thereof) are interesting ways to get smashed while enjoing authors' creations. So I want you guys to help me with creating POL DG.

Right now I have a couple of ideas, but since I'm not too familiar with activities of that kind, I'm sure they aren't the best. Here is a 'solo mode' one.

Know Your Motherland
You will need: a big tankard, at the very least 17.5 oz (0.5 litre) one to be fateful to the fanon; a lot of your 'national' hard liquor; a lot of gin. You can take a 'pony' instead, but that will mean that either you are less manly than the ponies themselves, or that you care about your health, safety and alcohol poisoning, you wuss.

Rules:
1)Every time you find your national stereotype played straight in a POL story - drink one unit of a 'national' hard liquor.
2)Every time you find your national stereotype subverted or averted - shout "Red Ink is the best pony" and have one unit of gin.
3)Every time you find your national stereotype played with, doubly subverted or zig-zaged, praise the cunning bastard of an author, and take half a unit of both gin and 'national' hard liquor.
4)If you are able to remember/read the rules after the story ends, you win. You have a steel liver, or are the part of a nation nobody gives a shit about.
5)At the end of your game, be sure to contact your friends and try to convince them to join POL or ponydom in general, being drunk gives you +5 to any Diplomacy attempts.

I tested this game on FSWL yesterday, and it took me only 4 chapters to lose any cognitive abilities. Kudos to Loyal.

Ruirik
Group Admin

I AM LIKING THIS GAME!

I live in America and my hard liquor of choice is vodka... I never stood a chance :facehoof:

I'm glad to be of help, oh great Hero of Stol'nograd. Don't let those stuck-up degenerates in Cantelot make you forget what makes one a real stallion. BTW, you really should not buy anything fom that liquor store any more, green boose generally is not nearly as good.

Now that's cheating, unless you are of Eastern European or Finnish descent. From what I know, vodka is not a 'national hard liqour' in the good ol' Eagleland.
Ah, to hell with that. I approve of your choice. For all of you that aren't for some reason convinced in the superiority of Vodka over any other liquor, here is the song, courtesy of a bunch of Finnish trolls folk-metal group from Finland.

spoiler: It's all a lie.

Sigur024
Group Contributor

Aw man, no way Australia is gonna be mentioned in the story

Looks like I win the not-drunk game

LoyalLiar
Group Admin

It seems Ink likes his anise seeds and wormwood almost as much as he likes his juniper berries.

2873071 Yes! That was one of my favorite bands in high school. I especially like their song Juodaan Viinaa. Originally I was going to try it with whisky, but I figured if I was gonna pass out from drinking to much I might as well go out all for it :raritywink:

The 24th Pegasus
Group Admin

I feel like drinking games involving A Song of Storms would include taking a shot every time somebody died...

May your livers rest in peace.

2876669 Don't forget whenever Hurricane decides to do an impossible task on his own or gets in a surreal 1 on 1 duel against one of the main antagonists. :moustache:

LoyalLiar
Group Admin

A Song of Shots

What you'll need: Hard Cider (I recommend Hornsby's), Kahlua, and Grenadine (or, if you're cheap, cherry snow-cone syrup).

Rules:
Mix a bunch of Suicide:

“Five parts grenadine, two parts coffee liqueur, and one part apple cider.” Vigil took the bottle, recapped it, and placed it back in her drawer. “That means more than half of it is the same sort of flavoring syrup foals get in snow-cones.”

“What did the old Commander do?”

“He had me recruit the stallion into the Royal Guard on the spot. Said ‘nopony’s come so close to killing me in years.’”

Pour it in shot glasses. Then sit down with one of the acts of A Song of Storms

1) Whenever you see Ante Legionem nihil erat, et nihil erit post Legionem, take a shot.
2) Whenever a named character is killed, take a shot. If that pony is part of Hurricane's family, take another shot.
3) Whenever you see a sign that Cirra uses a Base-8 counting system, take a shot.
4) Whenever Hurricane is a terrible husband, parent, or political leader and decides that solving a problem himself instead of delegating is the correct solution, take a shot.

"Of Skies Long Forgotten" is fairly difficult, but doable. My liver is not strong enough to beat "Snow and Shadows". Only try this with "Summer Lands" if you want to end up there.
(Small addendum: a single shot of Suicide isn't even that much alcohol).

4) Whenever Hurricane is a terrible husband, parent, or political leader and decides that solving a problem himself instead of delegating is the correct solution, take a shot.

Can you list the instances that these happen in "Of Skies Long Forgotten" and "Snow and Shadows"? I'm actually kind of (morbidly) curious.

I'm so glad that my idea was supported and expanded by people far more knowledgeable when it comes to POL's lore and, it seems, better versed in alcoholic exercises as well.

I see only one thing that should be tweaked in those rules. This part of rule 4:

decides that solving a problem himself instead of delegating is the correct solution

should be an entirely separate rule, because Commander's tendency to have his rational thought overrun by his own badassery and 'get shit done' personality is far more prominent and frequent.

Now all we need is a good cooperative or even competitive drinking game,so we can use it as an initiation procedure.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12