Equestria Divided 705 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

In Loyal2Luna's AMAZING RPG story here on the forum, "The Caravan", (check it out; it my be defunct now, but it's definitely worth the read), it seems, close to the end, we find that Shamrock Isle is secretly working for a shadowy group of eleven ponies who appear to be the ones behind the Caravan. These ponies seem to want to try to bring peace back to Equestria and are aiding the Caravan in secret and most are none too happy to find out about the carnage in Baltimare.

Though we never find out who they are (it's left at a cliffhanger of sorts), I've got an idea of who they, or at least SOME might be. If you want to see what I'm talking about, go to here and then go close to the end.

https://www.fimfiction.net/group/197422/equestria-divided/thread/14320/rp-equestria-divided---caravan-rp-ic-players-only-post

As for who I think they are (character by color of writing):
· Cadence (bright pink)- she is the princess of love and would probably give anything to have that back in Equestria. Even going behind the backs of her own husband and sister-in-law. Being so high up, it's possible she would be mostly above suspicion and would use her church as a cover. Finally, she might also be the "ringleader" of the group.
· Lemon Hearts (moss greenish color)- along with Cadence, she supported the Anti-Slavery Act and would be working alongside her. As head of a "slave" dome, she'd be able to secretly pass the word along and maybe even show ponies copies of "And Celestia Wept."
· Orion (purple)- I saw in a short story on the Moon and Star page that he actually cares for the slaves under his command and he might have been swayed by Cadence to join her cause.
· Soarin (bright blue)- It's already been stated by PY that he's sick of the war, so I think he'd be more than happy to help. As head of Windsoar, he'd be able to pretty much operate under Stormwing's noses.
· Scootaloo (bright red)- Along with the other CMCs, she would secretly go against her sister to bring back peace so that all of them can be together again. Would secretly work with Soarin.
· Apple Bloom (bright orange)-same reason as the rest of the CMC. Also, the only Southern accented voice in the group.
· Babs Seed (plain red)- Same as Apple Bloom and the CMC.
· Sweetie Belle (unknown, possibly bold black, though maybe not the one at end)- again, reason is like her friends. But she may be most reluctant due to Rarity needing her to stay sane.
· Fancy Pants (no color or not mentioned)- practically the only high-class pony in Manehattan (except for maybe Sweetie) who cares for the lower class. Willing to help Cadence and defeat Rarity, who's no longer the generous pony he once knew.
· Zecora (white)- rhymed when spoke. Nuf said.
· Wheat Grass (bright green)- stated by PY that she's a pacifist and would probably want to help stop all the fighting.

5659527 This might not be a half-bad attempt for a version 2.0 of this faction.

Thanks. I was thinking of making a fanfiction where an OC of mine gets sent to the EQD world and, while escaping and avoiding the elements, he must unit many of the rebel groups (mostly fanmade ones from the "Non Canon Houses" forum," but mainly the Caravan) and work with them to put an end to the Houses once and for all.

Fauxst
Group Admin

Vetoed. The Caravan is not available to be opened for others to use due to the fact that its original creator is unreachable at this time; I *have* asked in the past and never received an answer, in case the question ever came up in the forum. As not only the moderator but a Caravan player myself, I will personally take responsibility for protecting this element of my friend's work when she isn't around, as it was a collective piece that I also contributed to personally (I can say that MY work is not available for anyone's use and that is a not insignificant portion). You are welcome to attempt to contact her to get permission, but I'm cutting this off before it gets any farther until you do so. I hope you will respect this decision, and any others who ask you not use their materials, since I cannot speak for them. ED is a universe with a massive amount of material to use that IS available for fans to use because permission was already granted to do so by its creator. That's why this group even still exists at all. I'm sure you can make your own material to use. If you DO use someone's material, please state that you have gotten permission when you post it: I am watching for things like that and will shut it down if you do not. This is one of the main rules of the group, no exceptions.

If this is all this thread is going to amount to, I may close it. Discussion threads for other people's work is fine, but using what is not yours without permission is not.

Aww. That's too bad :pinkiesad2:. But I completely understand. Don't worry :scootangel:. I won't post it or anything like that at all. And believe me; even if it was allowed, I would have DEFINITELY asked permission from everyone first, including Luna.

Fauxst
Group Admin

5660275 That's wonderful to hear. I'm sorry if I came down a little heavy handed, but I felt the need to make my stance clear for everyone's benefit; I don't want anyone in the group to feel like their work is at risk of being misappropriated here. We don't have lawyers and money to keep our work safe like Hasbro does, just each other (especially when we aren't around to defend ourselves, we have to depend on our friends). Thank you very much for being so understanding. Please, feel free to continue your discussion, and I apologize for interrupting.

Hey, I get it. You're just doing your job. No biggie:raritywink:. While we're on the subject and since you worked on the story, DO you happen to know who they are? Hmmm:duck:?

Fauxst
Group Admin

5660342 I have my theories…:trollestia:
Normally, I wouldn't participate in discussions, but since you were so accommodating to my intrusion, I suppose I don't mind divulging at least a little bit of what I was thinking about during the game. Keep in mind, I don't have anything confirmed, personally; Loyal was a very secretive GM and we were pretty secretive players, hehe. I spoke with her several times, but if I guessed anything right, she never told me so straight out, though I think I came close a few times. Everyone loved the mysteries about the plot and other characters, including myself. It was fun to guess.

Luckily, I still have my notes. Now, keep in mind, I haven't looked at this within the last month or so, but this is some of what I wrote. Apparently, there were 11 voices, but I only counted 10 colors, because one I've labeled as "Unknown / Did not speak", so I'm missing one from the list. Hm, I apparently was torn whether the light blue was Scootaloo or Soarin', whether orange was Applebloom or Braeburn, and whether gray was Sweetie Belle or Fleur de Lis. I'm fairly sure those were the possible contacts from Stormwing, Earthborn, and Whitegold, though I was fairly certain at least one more was definitely Whitegold (not gonna say who I guessed). That's not all I wrote, but that's all I'll be putting down here. Also, keep in mind…one of those voices was at the Battle of Baltimare.

I think that's more than enough on my part. Hopefully the wrath of Loyal will not fall upon my head, though I may meet it with more relief than upset at this point. Happy discussion, all~

5660123 5659527

Thanks for looking out, I hope you are well CK.

Yeah, as also someone that contributed to the Caravan, I share CK's feelings on the matter as the player of Cesare De Suaveterre.

There is a proper etiquette for this sort of thing. :raritywink:

In any case, I am pleasantly surprised that our RP made a splash...heh.

Might ask for some thoughts from you later, as I don't often get critiques of my writing. :coolphoto:

:pinkiegasp: I never thought this before, but now that you mention those names with different colors, perhaps that was Loyal's plan; to make certain ponies different colors of what other ponies might be. Therefore, throwing folks off the track in case the game continued.
I really think that every house (the Cult being the only exception with none) would have at least two members within the Caravilluminati. I definitely think both Scoots and Soarin would be involved (Soarin because he's sick of the fighting and Scoots because of her secret pact with the CMC). Apple Bloom, also a definite. As for Breaburn it's possible, but I'm not so sure; I saw a picture with him, AJ, Big Mac, Granny, Lighting, Strongheart, and A.B., and he seemed pretty darn serious. War has that affect on some people. Maybe Babs for the other one, secretly opperating within Manehattan where she's supposed to be a spy. Finally, for Sweetie and Fleur, I don't Fleur would be one given she's the head of a ring of spies. In one fic I read, "Whitegold's Silent Wing," she seemed intent on exposing a member of Whitegold nobility for having ties with other members of the other houses. I figured Fancy would be a member since he's such a nice guy and is practically the only pony to care about the folks of the Undercity. Sweetie Belle, I also think, would be a member since she'd be involved with the CMC. However, as stated, she may be a little more reluctant to fully turn on Rarity like the others did their sisters :unsuresweetie:. After all, though Rares may be a or is turning into a monster and does need to be stopped, Sweetie knows that she's also the only thing keeping Rarity from going completely off the deep end and becoming worse than she is now.
As for who the "mystery pony" could be who participated in Baltimare, let's think for a minute: the major players in Baltimare were Shining, Big Mac, Rainbow, Zecora, Roseluck, and the Jester. I highly doubt Shiny, B.M., or R.D. could be it. Majorly the same with the Jester. So the only ones would be Zecora (who I already thought was one due to that little "rhyming speech," though that could have been unintentional or not on Loyal's part) and Rose. I'm not really sure who it could be. Also, do you think the "she" they were talking about was Mist Walker, wondering why she was there in the first place since she's so vital to the group? Or maybe somepony else :duck:. Perhaps seeing this discussion and hearing you defend her like that will bring Loyal out of the woodwork and tell us. Thanks again for being so understanding and participating :pinkiehappy:. Expect me possibly doing other stuff on here and in this group.
Yeah, sorry about that. But believe me, I DEFINITELY would've asked permission first before I actually did it. I didn't even actually write anything down :twilightsheepish:. It was just an idea I had rattling around in my head.
I always LOVED alternate universe stories, and Equestria Divided was probably one of the best in the bunch. The idea of the Caravan made the idea even better; a band of rebels who, unlike the small and usually "doomed-from-the-start" groups I've read about, is actually a genuine threat. One that all, even the Cult, fear. If my fic had been written, it would likely have my OC gathering most of the rebel groups under his leadership and would possibly become friends with the Caravan Six (my fan name for them), Cesare included.
Though my favorite character was probably Steel Wall, I did find the character of Cesare De Suaveterre cool. Being the only other non-pony in the Caravan Six made him slightly unique. When I read him, I sort of thought of him having a sort of Spanish ("Spaneighsh?" :rainbowlaugh:) accent due to his name. My favorite part with him was when Cesare had his little "breakdown" upon finding out about Mist. Truly Twilight or Pinkie worthy :pinkiecrazy:. I also liked how you used different colored writing to let us know who was talking. It made it so much easier. Thanks for answering :pinkiehappy:.

Fauxst
Group Admin

5660693 Hm, I think your main problem is relying too strongly on the secondary lore created by PoorYorick later into the setting and other works developed by users, like fanfiction that, personally, I and a lot of users have never read and a large chunk of were written after the fact. The Caravan was created very early on and written in about a three month time frame about…three or four years ago, before a lot of that was released, L2L was mainly working off of the original faction sheets and some early journal entries. Not to say that Loyal couldn't have factored some of it in, but it doesn't suit her style; she generally sticks to her guns and doesn't work her stories around information she couldn't have accounted for before it existed. If it fits, it fits; if it doesn't, it doesn't. That's just the way she writes, and I highly recommend checking out her archives to get a better handle on what she was doing during the Caravan; being familiar with the writer grants significant insight in any scenario, wouldn't you agree?

For example, that "CMC pact"? She never gave any indication that such a thing exists in the setting, that's a popular headcanon here in the forum. Did you ever see L2L post in any of the threads? A couple of times in the early ones, but no more. She preferred to use her own material, and didn't have the time besides. It's primarily the reason she was uninterested in "taking the helm," as it were; she didn't want to be in charge.

And, here's a pro tip: There is absolutely no guarantee every voice is a canon pony. The Baltimare Jester? Not a canon pony, for example, even though I thought I had his identity pegged, but she explained how I couldn't guess it.

I know, I know, I said I would leave and not keep interrupting the discussion, but I get fidgety when Caravan things happen :twilightsheepish: That's my baby, yo! I think I fell in love with it more than even Loyal did.

I admit I may have been following a lot of fan ideas :twilightsheepish:. However, you can't deny they're not good ones. True, there's no real "pact" and I'm just going off what I believe, but it makes sense that the CMC would still be friends even after all these years of war and hardship. At least talking to each other and knowing they're alright would make it seem a little more bearable and maybe they would even try to get their sisters to see reason. After many years, though, if given the opportunity to stop their sisters- be it directly or indirectly- I'm sure they would take the chance. The reason I think Sweetie would probably be most reluctant to do anything really too drastic is because, as far as we know, Rarity is her only remaining family.

As for Rose, I don't know. I just figured since she was with Zecora, she was also a choice, but now that you mention it, it doesn't really make much sense.

It's ok if you want to join in more often. More the marrier.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12