Equestria Divided 705 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 269 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 269
Comment posted by Lyger101 deleted May 8th, 2013

962536>>961766>>955625
Everyone picks on House M&S... :twilightangry2: The other Houses are just as bad! :derpyderp1:

Everfree is gonna make you into a tree!:fluttercry:
Stormwing will make you willfully submit through ideological superiority! :scootangel:
Earthborn will commit near genocide and cultural mutilation of a specific race! :ajsmug:
Whitegold will make you worth no more than the coins in your pockets! :raritystarry:
But then again they have Sapphire Sirens, therefore, booty! :raritywink:

So to the haters of the glorious House Moon and Star!

Its more to do with them being the nearest than any bias towards them, personally I quite like Moon and Star... asides from the unicorn supremacy thing. Anyway, the fact that Struttgart is a free faction on the map sort of didn't make much sense to me, its surrounded on all sides by M&S, so I figure this makes sense in a limited fashion, even if it isn't canon. :twilightsmile:

962969 But... we aren't anywhere near the sea.... :trollestia: Black magic and some talky with Eldritch abominations from beyond the stars is more likely responsible... or a disease.... :pinkiecrazy:

962988 We understand it isn't canon, but its fun to expand the universe a little bit, don't you agree? :twilightsmile:

: "Maybe you missed the part where the Royal Guard slapped me in the face and kicked my flank out on the street for just being an Earth Pony? Ya know, after sacrificing most of my foalhood to military service? Maybe if they slip me afew extra hundred bits on a job my mood will change...or maybe not, who's to say?"

: "...So wait are you telling me that there are space ponies from another dimension trying to one up the Cult of Laughter? ...Yep, sound like a typical Monday in Equestria."

963058 "Yep, Sleeping Space god from another dimension is having a pissing contest with the Laughing Mare. Meanwhile he decided to drive some ponies insane so he could make a cult, because, you know, shits and giggles." :rainbowlaugh:

963058 Wait I thought your character was denied promotion from higher rank, and your depression led your leave of service? :trixieshiftright:

963053 Looking at where Struttgart is I always wonder that myself. I kinda just attributed to them non-threatening to House M&S and were allowed to have autonomy from their rule. Also, with them being a neutral city near the sea I guess their value as a trade hub allowed them leeway in committing to the fighting. Seriously, with a House surrounding you like that I would be happy to basically be like Canada, trade with everyone - / - protected from everyone.

All the supposed neutral cities are basically trade ports. You cannot count New Ponyville because according to canon by PoorYork it is Earthborn territory after the battle that led to Applejack's edict on dehorning. And Trottingham is controlled by Stormwing and used to store food and equipment supplies before it is allowed to be taken to the flying cities.

Nah the true story behind it was the Sword family's rival clan the "Mace"'s bribed the guard to not allow Broadsword to ascend in higher rank, and told them to use the race card as the reason why. So Broadsword doesn't know the full reason why, but it just lead him dishonored and depressed. So his anger to Moon and Star is unjustified. :pinkiegasp:

963105 LE GASP :pinkiegasp:

Your still gonna need to die for resisting the Archmagister's right to rule Equestria... so once again,

I don't think founding a booze hall qualifies for resisting Twilight's wish to rule Equestria... that is unless we are drunk of course, in which case! drunk logic! :yay:

963139>>963113

Yeah come on I mean we're only serving drinks here...

"Though the Minotaur has it’s own agenda, only knowledgeable to it’s most loyal residents."

...Only drinks :ajsmug:

Ha! :rainbowlaugh: that would be a hilarious end to the Equestrian war, booze hall conquers all, all hail the drunken king and his crown of beer cans! :rainbowwild:

Ah yes Blackjack, Its been quite a while since I read Horizons. I couldn't decide whether I hated it or whether I liked it, but I acknowledge its contribution to Fallout Equestria nonetheless.

Oh my god, that's actually a thing...

963211>>963214 Hehehe, man I love this group for simply being able to post funny and at times constructed views. But seriously I'm gonna have to sit down and get my OC(s) written down and posted for approval or at least recognition. If it wasn't for college and job responsibilities I would have tried to join the Caravan, Blood and Hooves, or Winterspell RPs. I do love a good forum RP. Will have try to do something on the EqDiv.tk site. :derpytongue2:

I just cut the middleman(pony) and use Skype, its easier to get replies faster and more effectively and if some other pony needs to stop playing they can tell you why then and there.

I would have joined one of the RP's... if they were still open. unfortunately they all look closed or too far in for me to conveniently join midway. I'm gonna wait and see if another RP pops up sometime soon.

Shamrock: "Rightful rule of the Arch-Magister... *mocking tone* 'I thought that Princess Cadence was your rightful ruler... you know... because she actually IS an Alicorn... unlike the Arch-Magister... who just keeps 'pretending'"

Shamrock: If you existed in my world, I would be a frequent visitor and patron for the Hornless Minotaur.... in particular I might have need of your changeling's services... Oh Pitch Dear... can we talk... In private?"

Loyal: As RP Moderator for the site, I am happy to offer tips. I have been keeping tabs on all games set up and keeping distance, but still... always willing to offer assistance.

Well I am not really the RP starter really, the last time I attempted it didn't go too well, but still, thanks for the offer... I might take it up sometime. Even though I am not involved in the Caravan RP, its still a good read, I admire your modus operandi in terms of direction. Frequently these things end up all over the place in terms of plot, but yours seems to be progressing nicely.

Edit: well I might as well try sometime soon... I dunno, I need to think first... I'll tell you when I think I'm capable.

... dammit, I still need an artist...

Druben Weit(OC): "So the rebel herself finally finds the 'courage', and I use that term lightly, to grace us with not only her presence but with a few words as well." The stallion grins before clearing his throat. "Let me educate you, my dear fraulein.
"Cadence is a symbol of what we aspire to be but it is through the Arch-Magister's supervision and guidance that the path will be revealed onto us." Gestures to her with his right hoof, mockingly.
"The Arch-Magister was chosen for personal tutelage by Celestia herself! What have you to compare? Drinking, gambling, and quick getaways?" His hoof lowering as the male takes a poised stance puffing his chest out. "Your little game will end, Shamrock. The Inquisition will see you to justice but as for now the Cult is our priority. An actual problem I might add... And every moment you, the caravan, and the rest of the rebels interfere leads to more souls lost to those eldritch worshipers."
His stern gaze hardens. "I hope you can live with yourself as more and more are lost due to your own actions."

Broadsword: "We'd love to have you and all yer little Caravan friends be apart of the Minotaur any time Miss Shamrock."

Pitch: "Greetingss my dear, you called for my ssservicesss?"

Broadsword: Hey High! We got a possible job!

High: "A JOB!? THIS CALLS FOR A NUMBER!"

High Note's horn pulses a faint orange aura. Undead ponies shamble their way from behind the crimson curtains of the stage and grab various instruments strewn about the performance floor. High reaches for a trumpet out of the mountain of instruments, jumping up on his hind legs before the crowd. The rest of the Minotaur's residents raise their glasses in a cheer as a rather upbeat melody arises from the rotting band, plus one unicorn.

I have ideas of an Deer Expeditionary Force with plenty of Celtic themes.

:"A Shrouded King? Isn't that just the stories about how Sombra tried to overtake the Cyrstal Empire? Or are we just talking about Prince Armor, and he's got some kinda night job going on? Whatever this cult is trying to do, we already been touched by the Cult of Laughter, I don't think we need anymore voices in our heads."

Broadsword shook his head and shrugged off the notion of another cult of madness to loom over them, whatever this new cult wanted to throw at them, he was certain they can handle it.

"Besides, let the king have the Moon and Star House, it'll save me the headache of looking at that Celestia damn castle looming over the Minotaur on the horizon."

"The screams of newborns fill the night
Hail Ascendant king who walketh the Veil!
He knows the Names of Naming!
He Walks the Planes of Dreaming!
Shrouded Mantel of sacred decay!
Hear your children call!

Fire rain from upon high
Father has heard our call!
From sacred light to come
Teach the unbelievers new ways!

Ways of Flesh!
Ways of Mind!
Ways of Soul!

Singing the songs of Singing!
Dancing in the Halls of Transcendence!
Great father of us all!
Wake from thy slumber!
Bring down your holy body!
And bring forth a world!
A world of starborn angels!

CH'TAHN CH'TAHN UN-XUR'ITH FHA'KAHI!"

AWAKE O' SLEEPER!
-offical response for Ascendant Priest Kathan-dur.

Fine: "Ey' Broadsword, we got this weird little letter nailed on the front door of the Minotaur."

Broadsword: "...What in the hell is this? Is there someone around town leaving letters like this? You think this is the Cult of Laughter's doing?"

Fine: "Can't be partner, the penmanship is too clean to be anything from the Laughter. Besides ain't no "Father" figure I ever heard of in the Laughter."

Broadsword: "Though there has been more activity just outside of Old Ponyville, theres a settlement way to the north of here, and Obelisk has said he's seen some weird things happening to the west of us near the edge of Everfree."

Fine: "Well then what do we do bout this?"

Broadsword: "Nothing we can do, we're a respectable business of mercenaries who own a tavern. If these ponies want to leave letters lying around then let em, it's only when we come into physical contact should we start getting a more perceptive feel about our new neighbors. Who knows maybe we can get the guy...or gal... to joining the Minotaur and expand our ranks abit!"

Fine: "Well let's hold onto this letter then. Ey High! We got some lyrics for ya!"

High: "I'm gonna make a shanty out of this!"

The more I read about Shamrock Isle, the more I get the impression that this mare, outside of her Caravan, isn't really regardant for peace nor the lives of the main factions' ponies. I might have been right about the brightest lights concealing the darkest souls...

People thought this was more obstructive and messy in its own thread, so its been transfered here, sorry about the length.

Well here it is, The Sleeping House, the militaristic theocracy who are in league with Eldritch abominations from beyond Equestria's primal sphere and currently working for the return of a sleeping god, and whatever magnificent will he wants to impose on the universe.

Some of you, whilst looking at this might think "hey they are overpowered!" Just remember the units here are just the basic formation of the House, With Dreamers at the bottom, Dream-Fathers being part of the Elite and Ascendant Priests being the equivalent of some of the houses superweapons. I am currently working on making them a bit more balanced but I have already laid some faults with the organization which can be easily exploited. There is a list of disadvantages the Sleeping House has at the bottom of this.

I will be updating it regularly so if you interested you will see a lot of new units being developed and watching as more of the cult is unveiled, feel free to pop in the door. I also accept suggestions and criticism!

The Sleeping House
“The Sleeper has awoken”

It started out as whisperings in the East, strange robed and masked wanderers appearing, preaching, and then disappearing with flocks of people into the great unknown. Indiscriminate of borders, these wanderers spoke in the tongues of visionaries before awed crowds, promising them unspeakable things and a transcendent authority if they chose to serve the Sleeping God. The Moon and Star Inquisition attempted numerous stratagems to destroy the “heretical” pestilence, but to little avail. Eventually, after the fifth year of the princesses’ disappearance, the whisperings in the East were silenced. Many believed that it had either been nothing more than one of the cult of laughter’s schemes, or a trap laid by the opposing houses. Then, on the tenth anniversary of the princesses disappearance, they re-emerged under a powerful unified army and invaded Seabreeze and the Islands of the Coast of Stars. The cult then seized the ancient fortresses within these places and refitted them into fortress cathedrals, worshipping the Sleeping god and protecting them from expeditionary Moon and Star forces. Various sea raids by homicidal followers of the Sleeping House are currently wreaking havoc on Moon and Stars trade routes, and the Inquisition is frantic to have them destroyed.

Important Facts about The Sleeping House:

-Much like the Cult of Laughter, the Sleeping Houses foundations are shrouded in mystery, some have even proposed that it existed before the disappearance of the princesses, and that it is a remnant of the times before Celestial authority.

-Outside of Seabreeze and the Islands, the house has little solid influence, emerging at seemingly random intervals with the appearance of the masked wanderers who have been known to draw in entire villages to their flock, leading them to places unknown. There are some rumours of strongholds in the mountains of the Griffon Kingdoms, but these seem to be based on unfounded theories. The Sleeping House often raids the coastal and riverside villages of Moon and Star, but due to increased security of Moon and Star forces it is proving more difficult for them.

-The Sleeping House is frequently in conflict with the cult of laughter over followers, whilst the Cult is technically more powerful, the conflict seems to have resulted in a cyclical stalemate of slaughter. The underground war is most prevalent in Saint Trottersburg.

-The Sleeping House is deeply involved in the most potent of magic’s and seems to be able to enhance the latent magic of all races, and use the energy of the Dreaming Dimension to warp the flesh of their followers. As a result, they can field some of the most devastating warriors and magicians in the Divided Equestria. This however comes at a cost, as it takes a lot of time to formulate anything beyond the mutated Dreamers, and the failure rates in the creation of more powerful forces are quite high without High Leadership (Dream-Fathers and Ascendant Priests) intervention. This forces the Sleeping House be intensely conservative in its attacks as to many loses could cause irreparable damage.

-The Sleeping Houses army numbers at about 9000 strong and is one of the most terrifying elite forces to face, and the most horrifying, asides from the Cult of Laughter. Attacking it without overpowering odds would be suicide, as shown in the results of the horrific catastrophe in the battle known as “The Grey Campaign” under house Moon and Star.

-Asides from their main army, various Dreamer Cults frequently form in the areas around their control, as well as further afield in Moon and Star Territories. However, the faction remains enigmatic and House Moon and Star is tight lipped about the details of their encounters with the Sleeping House. Few have heard about it outside of Moon and Star territory, and many in House Earthborn think they are a myth or are Moon and Star Propaganda. Only Moon and Star and the Cult of Laughter know different and are currently trying to expunge them as quickly as they can.

-Whilst the Sleeping Houses armour and weapons are terrifying effective in their owner’s hands, they are almost completely useless to outsiders. Their warped design and strange adjustments mean that it is intensely difficult, if not impossible, to use them. This coincides with the houses dead, who seem almost impossibly mutated by a enigmatic power, to the point that they should not even be capable of living.

Important Members of The Sleeping House:

-The Dreaming God: a mysterious entity that the Sleeping House worships, and whom it is said comes to them in their dreams whispering of things which would drive any other creatures to madness. Some Outsiders suggest that the God does not exist, but others point to the enigmatic black magic they use, the mutations of the flesh, and the unpronounceable, unreadable black tongue which is spoken and written, and which can drive the unready to madness.

-The Shrouded Emperor: The mysterious leader of the House has rarely been seen by living outsiders, and only within the folds of a grey cloak covered in black sigils, along with a terrible pallid mask which drives fear and delusional frenzy into those not associated with the house. He has been seen rarely, but seems to emerge from anywhere at any time. Even those who have never encountered the Sleeping House are often drawn to it by dreams of the Shrouded Emperor, going on a mysterious pilgrimage without any explanation, only to emerge later in the Sleeping Houses ranks.

-The Mysteriarchy- The Mysteriarchy is the obscure high cardinals of the Dreaming God. They lead the Ordinators (the main fighting force) of the Sleeping House, and spreading the word of the Dreaming God through the Wanderers and the projection of dreams across Equestria. They are seen by few, and only appear in the most desperate of times from their Black Citadel in Seabreeze, bringing terrors beyond imagining with them. From reports it seems as if there are six in total, all horribly mutated by whatever terrible force, or dark magic, they are involved in.

Important Facts about the Shrouded Emperor:
-The purpose of the Sleeping House and the Emperor remains unknown, asides from one fact: they wish for the Sleeping One to awake.

-The Holy Text of the Sleeping House was written by the Emperor himself, It has no name, but is whisperingly named “The Dreamers Song”. Only one copy of the book was ever retrieved and appears to be written in incomprehensible runes and poetic stanzas. The only person to adequately translate the document went insane and committed suicide after reading the first chapter. Arch-magister Twilight has since imprisoned the document in the Canterlot Vaults, and has made a few attempts to translate it in her search for how to ascend, but to no avail. Pressure from the Unicorn aristocracy and the Inquisition soon ended any open attempts, although some rumours still speak of her trying to translate it covertly.

-The Sleeping House claims that they have always existed, hidden away in the dark places before the sisters disappearance, and that they are the formation of a “cult which had never died” in the first epochs of ponykind. There are few documents to support such a claim available to outsiders, although in the past there had been rumours of a mysterious stranger in grey who roamed abroad.

-The House and the Emperor seem to have taken an interest in something below the ruins of the Island fortresses, they appear to be trying to bring something up from the deep. The nonexistent availability of spies and sleeper agents confounds the intrigued House Moon and Star to what exactly it is.

House Units:

The Dreamer Acolytes: the result of the cults influence spreading like a contagion across Equestria, the Dreamers are the followers of the cult in the general population, who have been indoctrinated by the dreaming powers of the cult or who have listen to Wanderer Cultists. Those who have heard the teachings of the cult, through dreams or Wanderers, soon begin to experience the mental projections of the Dreaming Dimension. Soon they begin to become warped by the twisting eldritch powers of beyond, although force of character and sufficient mental strength can defend against these tentative intrigues.

Like a vile disease, horrifying tumours and growths spread across the bodies of these hideous beings whilst portions of the body begin to atrophy or suffer from necrosis. Their minds are poisoned by the whispering of the Sleeping House and they are in a constant state of hypnagogia, both awake and dreaming at the same time. The Dreamers are relatively harmless when on their own, although they are prone to sudden disappearances and preaching morbid poetry to the masses. However they will begin to congregate in insular “Dreamer Cults”, hidden away in dark places of Equestria. Such creations will eventually form an agenda, led by the Mysteriarchy’s dream whispering, and frequently take violent action.

The Dreamers are often slow and clumsy in their peaceful state, but if enraged they will lash out with terrifying strength and tenacity. Due to their nature of being initiates into the cult they are not organised, forming rather a slow moving mass. Whilst they are more resistant to damage than most ponies, they are still mortal, and will fall after sufficient damage to their person. Often dreamers are armed with little more than their hooves and protected by whatever remained of their clothing, thus are relatively easy targets, but terrifying opponents in large swarms.

The Dreamers however, can become a terrifying force if they are controlled by a Dream-Father of Ascendant Priest, becoming organised, armoured, mutated and intelligent. There are four stages for the Acolytes, Normal Dreamer, Militia Dreamer, Ordinator and High Ordinator each more powerful than the last. However, pre-Ordinator Dreamer Acolytes can be destroyed by the elimination of high command, Ordinators and High Ordinators can work individually, due to their connection with the Dreaming Dimension being extremely strong.

Dream-Fathers: Dream fathers are the further ascended of the dreamers. Through their mutations within the bowels of the Dreamer Cult, these horrors have experienced some of the furthest reaches of the Dreaming Dimension. They can be considered the Hierophants of the Dreamer Cult and the leading voices within it. Due to their close association with the Dreaming Dimension they have been twisted and warped much further than their acolytes, turning them into hideous abominations.

Although still equine in shape, monstrous tumours and growths have increased their size to that of a cart, their huge lumbering forelimbs are longer and more mutated, resulting in a sloped backed creature. Huge polyps which have spurted forth from portions of their bodies, and hideous ichor encrusted black tendrils wave in ecstasy around the monstrosity. Extremely intelligent, the Dream fathers use Dream whispering to guide the cult on the path that the Mysteriarchy, and through them the Dreaming god, and its desires. This often results in the cult beginning to turn itself into a militaristic organisation, resulting in the Dreamers becoming better armed and armoured, as well as more organised. This can result in a devastating ordered military force –if not dealt with early- and make the Dreamer cult even harder to eradicate that it already would be.

They are usually covered in long crimson flowing robes and black armour, which has often been fused with the body with growth of its tumours. Thus their already highly resistant flesh becomes even harder to pierce, this is not helped by their rapidly regenerating body, which seals the wound and directs tumourous growths to the point of injury, warping the flesh with ease. Dream-Father heads are often in close proximity with their bodies, their necks having receded under huge growths. They also lack jaws, which atrophy with the changes to their bodies, so are left only with the top portion of their skull and teeth, and a gaping hole with tendrils whiplashing out and dragging things into it. Their eyes are milky white, although they seem not to be blind in any way, and surprisingly have heightened sensory intake than most ponies.

The process of the formation of a Dream-Father is long and arduous, frequently the cults will be eradicated before the Dream-Father can form, however once it is formed it is usually almost impossible to destroy without killing the Dream-Father. Each long term Dreamer has a one in four chance of dying before they can mutate into a Father. With the Father created however, the Dreamer Cult chance of producing more is doubled, and with each Father who joins the fold, more will successfully ascend. If there is over twenty Dream Fathers in a city, then the entire cities population might fall under their sway as they take control of their Dreams and turn to the Dreaming Cults, unless they are eradicated before the indoctrination can take a firm hold.

Dream-Fathers are terrifying in battle, their massive limbs, extreme strength, fast regeneration and resistant flesh makes them difficult opponents to kill, and only though the destruction of the brain can there be any success in killing them. Unicorn Dream-Fathers utilise terrify eldritch magic to eviscerate and annihilate their opponents. Their very presence can inspire insanity amongst the enemy ranks, and it takes soldiers with strong minds to effectively fight one in open combat.

If a Dream Father is destroyed however, all its control over the dreaming and Dreamer Acolytes will dissipate. If all the fathers are destroyed then the dreamer cult will frequently become vacant and confused, allowing for its easy destruction, in what could be described as “a mop up job”.

Ascendant Priest: The Ascendant Priest is the final mutation of the Dreamer Cult and the most terrifying opponent it can produce. No Matter what the size of the cult, the likelihood of an Ascendant Priest being naturally created remains low without the intervention of a group of Unicorn Dream-Fathers or the Mysteriarchy.

Usually formed through the horrify magic of the Sleeping House and its intermediary Dream-Fathers, The Ascendant Priests are the epitome of the abominations which can be moulded from equine flesh. Not even equine in appearance, the Ascendant Priests appear like a seething ball of levitating black tendrils and tentacles, with a singular ever changing glowing eye at its centre. Gargantuan mouths and jaws can form at will and devour anything in its path and its intensely intelligent mind is only surpassed by its alien mode of thinking. The Ascendant Priests magic is highly potent and it can take many highly powerful unicorns to counteract it, even then they can frequently only force its influence to a standstill, and not force it back on itself.

Covered in runic bandages and holding strange warped instruments and gongs, the Ascendant Sleeper can take control of the Dreaming of thousands of ponies and even affect them so deeply as to cause waking dreams and projections. They must be destroyed quickly for anypony to have a chance of reversing their power and destroying their mental invasion. However, they are intensely difficult to destroy and only the most powerful of troops have a chance of taking them down. If not destroyed quickly, The Ascendant Priests will formulate the next mutagenic turn in all Dreamers, known as the “Sleeper Convergence” which will result in the creation of an Ordinator army, controlled by the Ascendant Priest and one of the most terrifying elite military forces imaginable. Insanity is assured for many who come into their grasp and are not connected to the Dreamer Cult, and only the most stable and powerful minds can resist long term association with such abominations. Their potent magical abilities can unleash all hell upon an army, they are the one of the most powerful horrors which does not come from the Dreaming Dimension.

However, the creation of an Ascendant Priest takes a long time, even with a powerful Dream-Father base. During this time the Cults activities are more likely to be noticeable, and a swift strike with a powerful military force has a fair chance of halting it before the Ascendant priest emerges. If it does not get dealt with however, the likelihood of survival is limited, to almost impossible based on the amount and types of troops present.

Ascendant Priests can also drag through fouler things from the Dreaming Dimension, which will wreak havoc amongst the enemy ranks and cause insanity wherever they pass. They are directly responsible for the Angels of the Shroud, Nepenthites and Shadow Abominations managing to enter the Equestrian Universe.

Chargers of The Crawling Chaos: simplified as Chargers, these titanic elephantine beasts are one of the many abominations drawn from the Dreaming Dimension in the cults war against both Moon and Star and the cult of Laughter. These titanic abominations are used as the heavy cavalry of the cult and are also used for heavy lifting and transport. Shaped in the warped and twisted ways to an eight legged horse, these creatures have no heads and only a long whiplashing tentacle as a replacement. Frequently the House builds small forts on top of the Chargers and uses them as mobile artillery and for suppressive firepower. Occasionally, when the cult manages to capture sunray cannon, they refit it onto a Charger and twist the natural lens to draw in light from the Dreaming Dimension. The result once fired is the ground turning into molten slag and eldritch horrors drawing through the rift caused by its shot. Hideous beyond proportion, these beasts have a deadly charge even without a Sunray cannon, as thousands of arrows, primitive explosives and hand cannons rain down upon the enemy on its approach. Upon hitting the line they can cause utter chaos in the ranks, ripping them apart like a knife through butter. Attached to their legs are massive scythe like blades which will decapitated and disembowel with ease as the horror charges about, bent on its terrible duty. Upon each hoof of the Charger a cavernous maw awaits those who get too close, devouring the gore and feeding the Chargers blood frenzy. This terrible aberration from beyond is truly terrifying on enemy morale, causing such heavy damage in short periods of time that it is hard to stand against them, however Moon and Star have developed some countermeasures to their charges.

This suppressed power comes with a cost however; the Chargers require the presences of and Ascendant Priest in order to direct them. Without the Ascendant, they are as likely to rampage and ravage the Cults own soldiers as enemy, although this difficulty can be overcome fusing a Dreamer with the horror, this takes a significant amount of time and energy. Drawing the Charger from the Dreaming Dimension also takes long periods of time and the concentrated power, which is often not available in the swift movements of a campaign. Equally, replacing their loss after battles can be difficult, as even with the cult drawing more through at home; it can take months for them to be battle ready and delivered to the conflict, not to mention replacing the damaged equipment. Furthermore, Sunray cannons are a rare commodity for the cult, they don’t know the exact specifics of how to properly create them, thus every captured piece is difficult to replace. This is further hampered by Moon and Stars frequent destruction of the devices themselves to stop them falling into the cults hooves, there is also a frequent problem of the Charger crushing the cannon upon death.

Reavers: Reavers are potentially the most unstable and homicidal of the cults following. Designed for maximum terror, Reavers are dreamers who are inflicted with the worst nightmares their waking dreams of the Dreaming Dimension can conjure. Driven to the peaks of madness, they have ripped off huge chunks of their flesh and often have gnashed their lips into a crimson pulp; their horrifying appearances are only matched by their savagery. Reavers function as the Sleeping Houses pirates, or alternately their terror troops of the high seas. Guiding their ships using insane techniques, they are utterly without constraint in battle, and will do anything to bring their quarry down. These abominations are twisted to be mostly functional at sea, with slit like gills and armoured carapaces coating their bodies. Their brains have also be manipulated to be in a constant state of rage and they are utterly ferocious in battle, often refusing to die without horrify damage to their bodies. Their ear piercing screams drive terror into those who plumb the Coast of Stars. They will often attempt to capture the crew and torture them before killing them, or alternately drag them back to a Sleeping House Cathedral to be converted. Their adrenal gland is over stimulated, making them terrifying swift opponents in battle and a nightmare to kill. Occasionally they will raid city sea harbours by walking across the bottom of the ocean and crawling up the sides of the ship and take over, making most harbours exceedingly paranoid on the Coast of Stars. Usually their ships are coated black with dried gore and their sails crimson with smeared blood, although they are seemingly well maintained by the crew. They will usually bring back the new ships Sleeper Strongholds, along with the cargo which is used to fund the cult in its activities and feed its ever growing army in its conquests. Recently the Reavers have been pillaging and burning the coastal towns of House Moon and Star, thus the Moon and Star navy is on high alert for Reaver activity.

Reavers are sometimes directed in more coordinated attacks, and thus they are subject to a Brine-Father who directs their activities. The downside to Reavers is of course that despite their intense power and fury causing them to be dangerous in battle, they are easily lead astray and into traps. Without the Direction of a Brine-Father, they are little more than psychotic raiders on a boat.

Prestors of the Dreamer: the Prestors are the clergy of the Sleeping house, warped beyond compare like their cardinals, the Ascendant Priests, the clergy are horrifying to look upon in their unarmoured forms. They speak only in poetic verse and the meanings of their sayings are lost amidst the dreaming visions of the order, making them hard to understand. The Prestors were designed to counteract the Inquisition and to strengthen the ranks of the Sleeping House, when they are present in the fight against inquisitorial forces the resulting battles become more even. Hidden under the crimson robes of the house, and armoured in runic silver plate armour, the Prestors are notoriously difficult to kill in battle, they wield black magic from beyond and use it to deadly efficiency in their battles against the inquisition. Alabaster masks covered in swirling designs and without mouths are the standard appearance for most Prestors, and their hellish three lobed golden eyes are often enough to drive the less courageous to flight. Their very presence amongst the slave warriors can cause a break in morale and a retreat, insanity, or mass conversion to the Sleeping Houses fold.

Prestors are also the most individualistic of the House and the most noticeably vocal about the Houses intention, although due to their mode of speech it can be hard to understand them. Surprisingly the Prestors seem to have a functioning code of honour and will often invite their opponents to strike the first blow, or may even offer the Houses “Wine of Dreaming” if the opponent is a “guest” within the Sleeping Houses Cathedral. They are one of the most numerous of the houses army and consist of about one thousand members of its forces. The Prestors also serve as the roaming wanderers of the House, and actively bring back the indoctrinated ponies which they have encountered to be brought into the fold. They also serve the Mysteriarchy directly, and have the authority to construct shrines and Temples in the mainland. Often these places are well hidden and the shrines which are discovered have an alarming tendency to convert new followers if they stop nearby it, or if they do not destroy it upon investigation.

With the Prestors presence within an army, it will become more zealous in its approach to warfare and will become more tenacious in their attacks. The Prestors often preach from the “Dreamers song” and the eldritch tongue inspires madness and terror in their opponents whilst singlehandedly strengthening the Sleep Houses armies resolve for victory. They are often protected by the Sleeping Houses elite Dreamers, the High Ordinators and thus it is difficult to reach them to put an end to their dreaming dirge and the terror that they create.

Prestors also function as the Houses emissaries abroad in the Zebra cities and for the arrangement of goods and mercenaries for the Sleeping Houses armies and privateer work. A few have been seen a far abroad as the Griffin Strongholds and the Changeling Hives, and their purpose remains unknown in their visitations to such places.

The Flayed Ones: Whilst mostly a remnant of the Grey Campaign, the Flayed ones are a gruesome symbol to the punishment the Sleeping House is willing to inflict on those they decide no longer have the right to sentience. The Flayed Ones mostly consist of Inquisitors and their soldiers, and any the House decides must face the most horrifying torture imaginable. Forcefully brought into the Eternal Dream, they are engulfed eternally in nightmares beyond what can be described.

Their skin has been flayed from their body, and now hangs loose around there form like wet paper, sloughing and rotted. Under the Sleeping Houses direction, they are forced to do the act of flagellation themselves, as penance for their "sins". Every movement is living agony for them but they cannot resist the command of the Sleeping House, to do so would incur further punishment, and they no longer have the will to resist. Despite being maddened by pain and experiencing tortures which would have driven any other pony to insanity, they are forced to retain their minds and bear every waking moment in supreme horror.

They are also mutated by the Eternal Dream, and spines and horns have sprouted from their body, furthering their pain as they tear through their muscle. Deadly claws now have spread where once there was only hoof, and their razor sharp edges can cut through all but the thickest armour. They show no restrain in battle, throwing them into the carnage and wreaking an unholy slaughter on the enemies of the House. They do not care whether they die but rather call for their enemies to kill them and spare them their nightmarish existence.

But even death does not come easy to these pitiful creatures, they can take huge amounts of damage to their bodies before being “killed”, and won’t stop unless their bodies become wrecks of tattered flesh and gore. Even after they have been “killed”, the House won’t let them leave, unless the brain has been destroyed and the flesh cremated, the Flayed Ones will rise again. The mutations of the Sleeping House forces their broken bodies to restart and regenerate, continuing their harrowing existence.

The Flayed Ones are an extremely powerful terror tool of the Sleeping House, and a warning to those who would attempt the eliminate them. In battle, they charge forward at terrifying speeds, screaming for their own deaths or just howling in a never ending shriek of pain and terror. Their very presence on the front lines can cause morale to break and routing amongst the less hardened and experienced of soldiers. Whilst not in battle, thousands of them are stored in titanic obsidian pyramids in deep sleep, but even in this state the Sleeping House tortures them with endless nightmares. Some Flayed Ones have been redeemed by the house, but to the multitudes of them amidst their legions, it is nothing more than a faint hope. Even the redeemed have to wear their own hides of rotting flesh in shame, and have to wear a black pointed hood of penance, their existence only made slightly better by the end of the agonies they faced in the rank and file. Even if they could escape, they would be hunted as monsters, and thus they are forced into eternal servitude to the Sleeping House.

Nepenthites: They are the ones who linger in the shadows, the ones who strike from everywhere, the ones who never leave a trace of their existence, because no pony can ever remember them. The Nepenthites serve as the assassins and the spies of the order, utilising illusion magic to change their appearances often in a changeling like fashion, but also a terrifying amnesiac named Nepenthe.

When a Nepenthite is chosen, a Dreamer Acolyte is taken and through the strange eldritch magic of the house enters a pact with one of the terrifying beings of beyond, known only as the Lord of Sorrow.

Nepenthites return changed, their bodies infused with elder magic and strange capabilities, their dreams are different from the normal experiences of the House, and often focused on dark colours, infinite mazes and the sickly sweet smell of strange flowers. The Nepenthite bodies are strange and seemingly from beyond, holding only the shape of an equine. Their flesh is like dark obsidian with thousands of cracks and fissures running through their skin. Through these fissures a dark purple light leaks, and purple mists flow and spiral around the Nepenthite, its eyes like glowing amethyst vortexes, ready to spiral off to another dimension.

The Nepenthites seem to have formed a symbiotic relationship with one of the strange life forms in the Dreaming Dimension. They provide it a host in which to grow and multiply, as well as nutritional supplies it needs to survive and in return it provides a deadly amnesiac, which the Houses soldiers are immune to, but which to anypony else results in often irreparable amnesia.

This is the reason Nepenthites are chosen for duties such as assassination, as all they need to do is get close to the target in order for him to slip into a state of confusion and collapse. This allows them to easily subdue and kill the target, allowing with terrifying ease to eliminate house opponents. Even if the assassination is halted, any long duration of contact with the Nepenthite with the target will result in decades being taken off the targets memory, or even an irreversible coma resulting from it. Whilst short durations of contact are reparable by memory spells, anything longer will result in many memories being forever lost. House Moon and Star are currently working on a way to reverse such experiences, but with limited effect.

In battle, the Nepenthites serve as ambush soldiers, leading to confusion and chaos in the ranks as the Nepenthe seeps out in huge mists from their pores, They are not the best armoured however, and if taken from a distance they will easily fall to arrows or gunshot. The Nepenthites have also gained a terrifying reputation for creating a very potent House defence mechanism, the Fields of Sorrow.

The Fields of Sorrow are the result of their arcane manipulation of the plant known as poison joke, which the Nepenthites manipulated into producing the same miasma which they themselves utilise. The fields are intensely dangerous for unwary travellers, as the often enter the fields and become catatonic, eventually dying from starvation and supplying fertiliser for the growth of the flowers. The best mode of operation when encountering the fields are to set it on fire from a distance, but this has the unfortunate tendency to release the seedpods of the plant and an even more intensive miasma, which with favourable winds can prove devastating for those not aligned with the Sleeping House.

-The early formation of it is rather clumsy and not all together organised, the organisation and strength comes a little later. So the best form of defense is offense in this case, you have to attack them early and don't allow them time to form a Dream-Father. This can be difficult as they are good at hiding, and even better at it during the later stages, but if you get them early enough its would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

-The formation of its elite troops and overall main army, such as Dream-Fathers, Ordinators and Ascendant Sleepers, takes a hell of a lot of time and energy. This makes regaining their strength extremely hard if they have been hit heavily and if you manage to destroy the head of the organisation then the Dreamers will quickly fall into chaos.

-Limited Numbers is another problem with the faction, due to its fights over territories with the Cult of Laughter it can only get so many followers, and the majority of the borders are closed to them. This is why the Dream whispering is used, but the regain is timely and occurs at a trickling rate. Having said that, the more powerful the organisation grows the more followers it can get, but again that is limited to later stages.

-The Moon and Star Inquisition have become exceptionally good at taking on the Sleeping House, they get a bonus facing the abominations the House produces.

-The power is cumulative, it takes time to build and you can take advantage of that if you find them early enough, this can include their attempts to indoctrinate cities. They are powerful, but slow in unleashing their power.

978223 Its the flowing gold-mane... No stallion or mare can resist such gravitas! :trollestia:
In the end everyone has a deeper goal than the one the outwardly portray. Maybe someday an honest righteous faction will rise... *looks to the side* Oh hey its House M&S! :twilightsmile:

Or we can all sit back, have some cider, sing some drunken lullabies and watch the world eat itself until the right time to strike shows itself.

978393 I prefer to keep my liver in check for when the Divine Sisters return and not piss myself due to over inebriation as you seem so keen to do. :pinkiesick:

"DRUNKEN HEATHEN! ... Can the Grand Inquisitor have a drink? Bellowing all day long makes Trixie thirsty." :trixieshiftleft:

Asking questions are we?

"As long as the Grand Inquisitor follows the Minotaur's golden policy and pays for whatever she orders, then she can drink till she throws up her liver."

978223 Shamrock: "Or maybe I'm just not naive enough to think that the other factions are going to sit down around a fire and sing kumbya. It had to happen sometime, so it's best to make it happen in a place where it can do the most good.... right out in the open where it can't be swept away by ponies trying to re-write history in their own favor." *glares at the Inquisition* "Besides... I fail to see how I did anything wrong in Baltimare. I just helped set the stage... I'm not the one going around and killing ponies for being different or asserting my auhority by chopping off body parts, Am I? :ajbemused:"

978342 Shamrock: "Also, it's not just the mane... it's also the fetlocks. You would not BELIEVE how wild that drives most stallions. But what can I say: If you've got it... flaunt it."

"Ooohhh right, the Arch-Magister frowns on that sort of thing doesn't she? Oh Well, it's not my fault that her idea of a good time is dissecting an earth pony for sport. I would assume that drives most suitors straight towards the nearest Exit. "

978751 ... *hides stolen segment of railroad track behind back* I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT! :twilightblush:

Ya know what? No. I'm drawing some ponies now, then we'll see how far your derailing gets you!

978746 Yes, showing the equivalent of 'ankles' in such flaunting display is frowned upon in this House. Proper public displays of conduct should be refined and show only the superior civil attitude of a race such as Unicorns should display to the lower-masses.

"Ooohhh right, the Arch-Magister frowns on that sort of thing doesn't she? Oh Well, it's not my fault that her idea of a good time is dissecting an earth pony for sport. I would assume that drives most suitors straight towards the nearest Exit. "

I'll have you know that such a statements are unneeded, ill-informed, and false. The Arch-Magister has never conducted or supported such activity.

In fact she put a stop to such practices when she heard the screaming and came across us.... oh..... I see what you did there. :facehoof:

Guess what got added to the Minotaur's info?

978746 "WE SHALL NAME YOU SHAMROCK THE TUFTY HOOF AND YOU SHALL BE SHAMROCK THE TUFTY HOOF!" -Dreamer acolyte Shen-ra Kahn :rainbowwild:

Huzzah! looking impressive Broadsword

All the floof.

How long did it take you to do that? :pinkiegasp:

10-15 Minutes tops.

Hope I did the king some justice.

979150 ..... I so have to use that..... YOU SIR, ARE A GENIUS!

979040 :rainbowlaugh: Brilliant, Broadsword, just brilliant.

Shamrock: "Okay, I get it's a carature and I have to admit I look good...but, does my feather really lay back like that?"
Loyal: "Shammy... don't look a gifthorse in the mouth and stop being vain for a moment."
Shamrock: "What? I happen to take alot of pride in my appearance I'll have you know." :rainbowwild:

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 269