Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Hope you dont mind, but I kind of want to help promote my story story for a sick pony. It has Rainbow Dash reading an adventure/ fantasy tale to Scootaloo while she is trying to cope with living with the Scoot family and helping them

Fimbulvinter
Group Admin

I'll have a glance over this later on. Premise is interesting at trying to highlight the sister dynamic between Dash and Scoot, so that it a good thing.

Fimbulvinter
Group Admin

997620 Follow up on my earlier comment.

I've read through what has been posted so far and overall, I like the story. Solid princess bride undertone combined with what feels like author insert being handled in a slightly different way by Rainbow Dash.

For the most part, the story flows well between Rainbow's story and the actual scenes with Scootaloo and grammar is generally fairly good.

On the downside, I would put this story through another round of proof reading before going on further. In the first chapter especially, there are multiple instances of odd use of punctuation - quote marks attached to nothing, use of commas or full stops where there is no call for them.
Additionally there is several occurances of erratic capitalisation on proper names. Apple juice is a proper name and should be Apple Juice at all times. Same with Aj -> AJ.

Final thoughts: Good story marred by a few small meta mistakes.
Thumb up from me.

Thanks for the help, I think I'll have one of my proofreaders overlook it a few more times.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4