Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Daedalus
Group Contributor

I'm Daedalus, and I'm writing a story.
My story is called Unintended Consequences.
Twilight Sparkle has used science to bring a human to Equestria, and the story is a collection of episodes about his doings.
I feel the quality is inconsistent, but I'm not sure why. Also, I'm writing a comedy, and I don't know if it's funny. Answers to those two questions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Fimbulvinter
Group Admin

730422 I've read through the published chapters and I have a few things to say about it.

Overall it wasn't bad and I found it reasonably enjoyable to read

1. For the love of Celestia, use paragraphs. A massive wall of text is one of the greatest turn offs I can think of when reading a story. it makes it hard to track your position within the wall and you can easily end up skipping over a section without realising it. an easy thing to remember is to always create a new paragraph when a new speaker begins talking.

2. The pacing is a bit off. There is very little set up for most of the events that occur, they just happen. Slow down and try to describe a few things before letting them loose. You mention lots of things in chapter 3, but don't actually go into any detail on them, like how Aristotle deals with a half human Trixie.

3. Most of your comedy seems to come from random sight gag style events. While there are some good ones, such as the bets made on the poker tournament, others like Sombra's random apperance in chapter 2 don't seem all that funny.

Daedalus
Group Contributor

730534 Yeah, paragraphs.:twilightsheepish: I really don't use them, huh? Thanks for reminding me about the montage. I'd forgotten about it. I had planned to actually write the events in it, but I got sidetracked with other things. Now I can get started on that. Thank you for taking the time to read, by the way.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3