Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Bronze Statue
Group Contributor

Hi, this is Bronze Statue here, and I'd like you all to take a look at my fic. Discord and Cthulhu: College Roommates
The premise of the fic is that Discord, Celestia, Luna, and Chrysalis all go off to a university for gods, immortals, and other greater powers, in the MtG plane of Ravnica. They are all assigned roommates based on their major. Discord and Cthulhu are the only freshmen with a major in Chaos Theory.
It is in the process of being expanded and revised based on some suggestions from Authors Helping Authors, so hopefully I will get to updating it before the end of the semester. I have been told that it seems a bit rushed, so I am working on that. Any suggestions as to where the rushing seems worst would be appreciated the most, but anything from grammar points I may have missed to descriptions that need more work or even extra scenes to add in would be helpful.

It is certainly a very original idea with a lot of potential though I do agree with the comments that have already been said, its very rushed. As it stands now it feels like a very solid framework, you just need to build on it. I would even go on to say that the first section, up to where they get their letters and decided to join the collage, should make up the first chapter.

I do have a few questions, which might help flesh some things out.
Who taught the quartet in high school? (it would be nice if the teacher gave a short speech congratulating the graduates, and looking back as to how they acted in school)
What dose the world of Equestria look like at the moments since it is only partly finished?
If there is a crowd of parents who has also graduated this day?

Bronze Statue
Group Contributor

I'm about 25% done rewriting the first chapter, and I actually did think that the high school scene should have been expanded into a full chapter. Thanks for reaffirming this!
To answer each of your questions (only one of which was actually going to be addressed in the rewrite until now):
I never really gave it that much thought as to who taught them. Perhaps a pony from one of the earlier generations of MLP? As I typed this, I realized: ponified John de Lancie from the Brony documentary, of course!
The way Equestria looks at this point is sort of like (in my imagination) how Runescape would look if all the cities, etc. were taken away. And in roughly the same graphical quality as I remember the game from 2012 when I last hopped on for a short time. I'm not entirely sure how I'd say this in the story though. :applejackconfused:
I suppose there is a crowd of parents for the other ponies and sentient creatures that graduated. I suppose I could mention them (the zebras, griffons, minotaurs, dragons, non-immortal pony species, etc.) If I do this, I'm probably going to add that only one diamond dog actually managed to graduate.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3