Sonic Bronies 743 members · 494 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Pedro Araujo has begun his Sonic Adventure Fan Animation series! :D :yay:

Ta-Dah:

Thoughts on it? :3

Thoughts on it? :3

It could be a lot better.

Pedro's approach seems to be focused on staying as close to the game as possible, from awkward poses (Robotnik standing on the rooftop) to lengthy filler (Sonic's run through Emerald Coast is roughly a quarter under a minute long). This decision results with a quick sum up of the game's first hour for a three and a half minute animation, a poor pace of crammed information for the audience to take in and enjoy. It may sound like it's not needed since we've played the game, but then again, why would I want to watch an reenactment that doesn't capture me like the original?

Take for example the scene with Coconuts, the game allows us to take it out by curling up into a ball and ramming into it. Pedro imitated this for the animation, but what if Sonic were to kick the bomb back at Coconuts and take it out through this manner? That would get me more invested into seeing something fresh for something I'm fond and familiar with.

If Pedro placed an original approach at retelling the story, then it might be more captivating to see another episode. Just think what it would be like if he continued like this and he got to Big's levels, would you want to see Big fishing casually every time he goes after Froggy?

But hey, Pedro is still the man though. :3

He is still a legendary animator all the way. ^^

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3