Sonic Bronies 743 members · 494 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Hi everyone, I've gotten an idea for a possible story and what to know what you guys think. It goes like this: Sonic confronting Eggman yet again as the doctor has come up with yet another plan that involves the chaos emeralds. But things go wrong when Eggman makes the chaos emeralds unstable and ends up having himself killed in the process. With Tails estimating how the unstable chaos emeralds will create an explosion that could destroy a continent, Sonic decides to try to contain the power within himself. Tails then begs him not to do so saying that doing so would cause both him and the emeralds to be destroyed. Sonic then counters by saying he would rather sacrifice himself than having possibly millions of innocent lives lost. Before Tails could protest, Sonic moves towards the unstable emeralds before activating his super form. Unfortunately, the amount of energy is too much for Sonic asked the hedgehog begins to struggle to contain the energy. After bidding farewell to Talis, Sonic flies into space until he is certain he's far enough away from the planet to safely unleash the energy, resulting in an explosion that could be seen almost all over mobius. Seeing the explosion causes Tails and the others and everyone on mobius to feel heartbroken, even Shadow is upset about Sonic's death. Unknowingly to them, Sonic meets up with Tikal in the spirit world and Tikal explains to Sonic that due to all the acts of good he's done over the years, he has been given a second chance, but there was a catch. Tikal explains to Sonic that in another world, a new threat would rise and how he will be resurrected in that world to stop that evil. And to help him, Tikal says she will send the chaos emeralds with him but they will be available to him once they become stable again. Tikal also explains that Sonic will have no memory of his past life but says she will help him when the time comes. After saying that he understands, Sonic bids farewell to Tikal before fading away.

A few days later, Principal Celestia was in her home enjoying herself until there was a knock on the door. When she answers, she is shocked to see a baby was left on her doorstep (who is a reincarnated Sonic). Feeling a some newly found mother instincts, Celestia decides to care for "Sonic" as one of her own.

A few years later, we now see a grown-up Sonic (who coincidently was given the same name by Celestia) running through a trial in Everfree Forest. After stopping for a moment, Sonic sees an orange orb floating around and decides to follow it. Soon, the orb led Sonic to the now stable chaos emeralds. Curious about the emeralds, Sonic cautiously walks up to them picking one of them up. Doing so causes them to levitate around him before they shot a beam at him, causing him to lose consciousness. When he wakes up, Sonic is surprised (and freaked out) that he has been turned into a hedgehog (more accurately, his normal self). After freaking out for a while, Sonic decides to head back home and rediscovers his speed along the way. After returning, Sonic is able to turn back to his human form (after a close call with his mom). And that night in his dreams, Tikal appears and begins to explain to Sonic about his past life and gives him some of his old memories. Sonic is confused and tries to gets some answers from Tikal, but she says that she will answer his questions the next time they meet since Sonic was about to wake up. From there the story begins around the time Princess Twilight comes to retrieve her crown after it was stolen by Sunset. After Sonic and Twilight meet each other, they decide to help each other and from there, Sonic begins to unlock his old abilities and memories while dealing with any danger that comes his way.

So what do you think? Does this seem like an idea I should try? Tell me what you think and feel free to give some suggestions for the story as well.

I think we've ran down this path before. A few changes here and there and it's almost the same story.

But besides that, this seems like a retelling of EG, but with Sonic involved. It's always interesting how each writer makes characters from other franchises interact with one another or the world the other comes from, but that's all I seem to be getting from this idea. Yeah, we start unlocking abilities and memories while we try getting back a crown; but it doesn't give anything to the reader other then what they already know. Readers will no doubtedly know Sonic and what he has done and can do; so we won't be surprised or fascinated if he pulls off a spindash or we learn that he once stopped a water god. The same can be said for readers knowing EG, if not more, than knowing Sonic.

I was the one who gave the author that idea actually, but that story won't be able to continued because the author was banned from his account.

Tikal explains to Sonic that due to all the acts of good he's done over the years, he has been given a second chance,

So...like with Knuckles in the comics?:ajsmug:

I didn't read that part in the comics so I can't exactly confirm that.

Basically, he died and when Mobius was in danger, he started asking about being given a second chance. Since he was such a good guy, he was allowed to come back. At least that's the gist of it.

Yeah, something like that. .

Well the first half sounds a bit like something that is already there, the second halfs gets a bit more interessting, while I don't like the Equestria girls world to much, it could get interessting if Sonic is forced to use his old body in the human world. That was actually the part that made me curious.

I don't think that you should give him back his memories, maybe only something like "you was a hero once before, trust in yourself", but nothing like "your name is sonic and your best friends are......."

I would probably feel bad for the Celestia in her world, but maybe it would be interessting to have Sonic getting trapped in Equestria for a while and the crown event is the first moment he actually sees Equestria.

Then again I'm kind of curious about both sides the human world and the Equestria part, maybe after an Equestria ark you either give him a way to travel between those two worlds, maybe after Twilight makes the portal and let Sonic have a nice reunion with his mother.....
I think I wanted to say or you write two story parts with him living there and one with him living in the other world, but I'm not to sure about that anymore.

Long story short, his old form in the new world could get rather interessting, even more if the Celestia you write isn't totally unfazed by everything.

No matter how mystical Tikal is, maybe she could be his Girlfriend there?, in her old form to please.
I wouldn't be suprised if their world is curious about Sonic, but I don't need the type of army that tries to examine him against his free will.

Just so you can understand better, the memories mainly serve as a way to explain things to Sonic whenever he is confused about something that involves his abilities or anything that involves the chaos emeralds. Tikal's rule is to help Sonic remaster his abilities and will help him master some new abilities as well. And Sonic will have the ability to change from his human form to his hedgehog form whenever he thinks it's necessary.

hhhmmm okay the transformation is not my favourite idea, but it can work and I could image still getting into it.

I think I can image the memorie part now.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12