Authors Helping Authors 2,464 members · 8,633 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Aqu

Hello everyone, happy hump-day, and welcome back to our third week for our Weekly Featured Fics. We have two more stories for you today, so make sure you check them out and give them the feedback they deserve!

This week, for the admin's pick, I got to choose. After looking through some of the group's folders, and my 'read later' list, I decided.

The fic I've chosen is ‘Last Night A DJ Saved My Life’ by Vocal Brony. This story takes a darker path, tragedy and suicide, so if tragedy is not your cup-a-tea, avoid. The one thing that I've really enjoyed about it though, is that it brings a new idea to shipfics. Most shipfics take the same standard route, and all follow the same basic premise. This, on the other 'hoof', does not. The characterization of best pon-- Vinyl Scratch, is excellent. I enjoyed the OC as well, and the message in the story is unique and deep. The literary elements are used efficiently, and the story itself is aesthetically pleasing to read. I've read near every story with both the 'romance' and 'Vinyl Scratch' tags, and this is unique. I recommend it to all fans of best pony.

Now, It is not perfect. There are some portions that seem a bit melodramatic, but overall, it is well worth the read. The grammar is excellent, and although I've found some mistakes, they are few and far between.
One last gripe, (and it is due to my impatience) the story is still in the works, and still in infancy.

Also, to Vocal Brony, your personal review is in the works. I've been busy and lazy. Expect it tonight. Or tomorrow :applecry:.

That’s it for the Admin’s pick this week, make sure to check it out.
Best Pony Link.

The second pick, by Penguin:
Alright, for this week’s Rating’s fic (i.e. the fic that has been chosen due to it’s poor rating, or a lack thereof) is The Beginning of an Era by Befram. This story has only received one review thus far and has only accumulated 39 views, despite the fairly emotional and in depth writing style; so make sure you give it a look and give it the feedback it deserves.

I liked The Beginning of an Era, and I have gotten some feedback from the author and editor about my review already.

I'll take a look at them later tonight or tomorrow after my classes finish up

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3