Authors Helping Authors 2,464 members · 8,633 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

There are a lot of us authors out there who value quality in our work. That's why we like to have proof-readers and such look at our fics before we publish them. I'm no different in this case. So for those of you wanting to have a review done of your fic before it's published, come here. You use the same form as the one for unpublished fics. Thanks all and enjoy helping your fellow writers!

Joined group. Will now enjoy group. For the sake for fairness, I'm going to say that I'm currently working on a story that's about 20,000 words so far, and close to the end. If you have a story around the same length, I'd be happy to do a review swap when mine is "finished."

If yours is waaaaaay shorter, well, you would be getting the short stick as far as time investment goes.:twilightblush:

vren55
Group Admin

568568 568440This may be a little late, but we've begun a collab with School for New Writers a group that helps new writers create stories. If you people have any ideas, go visit them and they can help.

Well, I'm not sure how many people will see this because its not a new thread. But I'm going to post it here since this is where it technically belongs.

I have a fic which is 33,622 words long as of right now. Its been written from start to finish, and it took three freaking months to write. I'm looking for a pre-reader/proof-reader (one or more) to go over it before it sees the light of day. I wouldn't be against it being reviewed as well, but for now I'm more concerned with the pre-reader/proof-reader bit. If you're up for the challenge, I'll give you credit, and even do the same for you if you desire.

Here's the long description for the story:

"On the longest day of the thousandth year, the stars will aid in her escape, and she will bring about night time eternal." – Anonymous

What would you do if you found out your parents aren’t really your parents, and that you were actually born into an evil cult that intended to free Nightmare Moon from the moon? If you’re an earth pony named Night Mist, you bury the knowledge and pray that no one ever finds out. But leaving a cult is never that easy, and no secret can stay buried forever. Sooner or later, the truth always comes out. With the clock ticking down to Nightmare Moon’s inevitable return, Night Mist must make a choice. Will he take his place among the Stars and aid in her escape, or will he pay the price for his silence?

If you have any interest in pre-reading and proof reading the story, or have any questions about it, send me a PM.

Oh, here's the thread I've been hunting for.

I haven't got much of it done yet, but I have most of the first chapter of a long-running dark-adventure story in case anypony's got a critiquing itch. Description runs thus:

Keratin-Eliminating Mammal-Oriented Single-cell with Antibody-Burning Excretions. KEMOSABE disease, known more commonly as the gruesome "Meltmane Fever." A truly devastating plague with disturbing effects and no guaranteed cure known to science or magic, both modern and long past. Except one.

~~Book I~~

An outbreak of KEMOSABE across all of Equestria puts Rarity and Spike the dragon in the roles of Ponyville's last hope. With only an old pony's tale and the wisdom of Zecora to guide their way, the unlikely adventurers set course for the Purest Spring, a mythical fountain with waters said to cure any illness. Their journey is fraught with peril as they head towards Zebreria, a dark land of endless winters and monstrous creatures.

Ponyville has succumbed to the KEMOSABE, leaving only four ponies- Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Time Turner, and Lyra Heartstrings- and Zecora in any shape to help. These five must work together to keep their town's withering population alive and stable with a rapidly diminshing supply of bacterial suppressants and no chance of outside help.

That description reads like three descriptions in one, it doesn't really flow very well.

vren55
Group Admin

626678 626890 You might want to reply each other the next time so it pops up in notifications, but I have to agree, I get that 1st description is the short on front page description and the last are 2 parts of the same, but you have to make it clear.

626890>>627572 Thank you both kindly for this. I'm off to correct it. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8