Authors Helping Authors 2,462 members · 8,593 stories
Comments ( 88 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 88

Night Wing: *orders a water* So, what's your story?

Twilight Sparkle: "Pleasure to meet you, Dark. *Accepts hoofshake and forces a smile, with limited success.* "So what brings you to Ponyville?"

848373 Light Wing: Not much to tell,Well I was part of the wonderbolts but fame and fortune got to me. After I grew tired of Canterlot and decided to come here. Practically it... *Yawns.*

848380 Dark Nebula: Mostly came here looking for a story, and some peace and quiet. But by the recent Diamond Dog attack that doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

Twilight Sparkle: "Well, you're right about that. In fact, things are about to get a lot worse."

Sharp Wing: "What do you mean things are about to get a lot worse? Fraz and I destroyed their entire outpost."

Twilight Sparkle: "The report came in the day after you left. Those Diamond Dog tunnels weren't an oupost, they were the tip of an iceberg. An entire griffin battalion used those tunnels to slip through Equestria's borders the minute they were dug out."

848955 Dark Nebula: *Eyes widen.* Oh... That is not good.

Sharp Wing: "Understatement of the year right there. So let me guess, they're on the way here to destroy everything we hold dear right?"

Twilight Sparkle: Well... maybe. Believe or not, they somehow vanished after they were spotted leaving the tunnels."

851528 Dark Nebula: That ain't good!

Sharp Wing: "So, um... how exactly does an entire freakin' battalion disappear?"

Twilight Sparkle: "No clue. But in the mean time, Ponyville needs to be on high alert until they appear again."

Sharp Wing: "Unless... someone goes and finds them first. Down for doing some investigating, Dark?"

851605 Of course, I can't have this poor town be destroyed!

Twilight Sparkle: Whoa whoa whoa, just how exactly do you plan to find a missing battalion?"

Sharp Wing: "Easy, we go to a tavern and chat with strangers until we find a clue."

Twilight Sparkle: "...You realize that only works in movies right?"

Dark Nebula: Not entirely Lets go! *Walks out door*
((Sorry talking to my editor won't be able to reply))

Sharp Wing: *follows Dark out door and spots Frazzle Spark.* "Hey Fraz, we're gonna go look for a missing battalion of bloodthirsty griffons. Come with?"

Frazzle Spark: "I'm game."

*Frazzle Spark has joined your party.*

851715 Dark Nebula: Alright let's go!

854914>>848373

*And so, with unrealistically low expectations regarding the difficulty of solving mysteries, Dark Nebula, Sharp Wing, and Frazzle Spark arrive at a tavern, which just so happens to be the same one that Light Wing, Night Wing, and Delana Talonpeak are located in.*

Frazzle Spark: *glances around* "There sure are a lot of pegasi in here."

Sharp Wing: "Hmm. Racist."

Frazzle Spark: "...How is that racist? I'm just making an observation."

855552 Dark Nebula: *Chuckles.* Alright let's go. *Make's his way towards the bar.*

*Frazzle Spark and Sharp Wing follow Dark to the bar, order ciders, and sit down.*

Sharp Wing: (quietly) "So how do we go about doing this?"

859055 Dark Nebula: *Orders Drink.* First off I'm going to drink, second... I have no cool.

Night Wing: It what?

Delana: *continues playing piano and sings softly*

861764 859055Light Wing: My story, not much else to talk about never really had much of an interesting life... *Sees others walk into the tavern.* Who are they?

Sharp Wing: "No cool? You mean no clue? I would hope you have a clue, you're the journalist, this is supposed to be your shtick."

Frazzle Spark: *takes a sip of his cider* "...Why not just flat out ask someone? It's not like we have to be subtle about what we're looking for."

Night Wing: *looks over to the ponies and sniffs* Does it matter? Probably just some regulars who want a drink.

862138 Dark Nebula: No I'mma news anchor for a radio station! There's difference you know...*Looks over at Light Wing and Night Wing.* Why is that girl and that creepy dude looking over at us?

862304 Light Wing: I lived here long enough to know that those three aren't commoners.

Frazzle Spark: "Don't know, but we might as well start with them. So... who wants to be the one to ask?"

Sharp Wing: "One two three not it!"

862997 Dark Nebula: Not it!

862921>>862997
Night Wing: *left ear twitches* Oh great.

Delana: *glares at the ponies at the bar for shouting quickly, but keeps playing without messing up*

863115 862997Dark Nebula: *Looks over.* Oh crap they caught onto us! *Waves over at the two.*

863138>>863115

Frazzle Spark: "Not... crap."

Sharp Wing: *notices angry glares from many present in the bar and develops a sudden interest in his cider.*

(whispering) "Just go ask, Fraz. Get it over with."

863738 Dark Nebula: *Whispers* Yeah man don't be pussy. *Chuckles.*

Light Wing: *Rolls eyes, and turns back to water.*

863807>>863115

Frazzle Spark: *Shoots Dark Nebula and Sharp Wing a dirty look and approaches where Night Wing and Light Wing are sitting.* "Hey, um, random question. Have either of you seen about three hundred or more griffons sneaking around?"

870816 *Turns to face Frazzle Spark.* What? No, no I haven't why is there a problem?

Night Wing: *begins playing with the bit on the table again* No, but that seems like an awfully suspicious question. *glances up and looks straight into Frazzle's eye* Should there be three hundred griffons we should know about?

872324>>874036

Frazzle Spark: *wilts slightly under Night Wing's gaze.* "Well, um, I guess it's no secret. A few days ago, an entire battalion of griffons were spotted coming into the country through diamond dog tunnels. But then, somehow, they all vanished."

877085>>874036 *Raises an eyebrow.* Well, sorry pal I don't know anything about that. *Turns back to Frazzle Spark.*

877085>>878031
Delana: *messes up a note*

Night Wing: *narrows eyes* That sounds like something some ponies would want to keep secret. *looks over to the bar at the others* Who did you say you were again?

877085>>878038 Dark Nebula: *Looks over at Sharp Wing.* I think shit just got serious.

878038>>880116

Sharp Wing: "Mmmhmm." *sips cider* "But he's got a point though. Going around telling folks we've been invaded by a small army could possibly cause widespread panic and terror. We probably should have thought of that sooner. Oh well." *takes another sip.*

Frazzle Spark: I... uh... don't think I told you who we are, but I'm Fraz, and over there are Sharp Wing and Dark." *points at bar with horn*

880727>>878038 I see... *Looks over at others, and waves enthusasticly.*

880727>>882965
Night Wing: *glares at Fraz* I don't think I was clear. Who are you and why do you know about 300 griffons invading Equestria?

Delana: *stops playing and goes over to the bar* You three sure are noisy, you know that?

883709>>880727 Light Wing: *Looks at Delana* Hey don't mind me I'm just sitting here and enjoying my water. While listening to these two talk about Griffins.

Dark Nebula: Uh oh. This doesn't look to good.

((Delana's talking to Dark and Sharp, not us.))

883709>>883755

Frazzle Spark: *at Delana* "Oh, I'm sorry, we'll try to keep it down." *glances at Sharp Wing and Dark, motions for help, turns back to Night Wing, and talks in a quieter tone.* "I'm... um... not with the government or anything like that. I heard from someone else about the missing battalion."

Sharp Wing: (at Dark) "If I had a bit for every time you said that, I think I would be up to seven by now." (notices Frazzle Spark's signal) "Oh look, he's starting to draw a crowd. We should probably do something eh?" (gets up from seat and joins the group of four) "Time to vamoose, Fraz."

883755>>884143
Night Wing: *notices the little gesture* You think calling over your friends is gonna help you? *narrows eyes and growls* I've taken on four manticores at once and only got a scratch. I could break you and your cronies without missing a step.

Delana: *glares over to Light Wing* I'm at the bar, not with you. *returns to Dark* Now, why don't you tell me about what the fuss is, cutie?

883755>>884488

Sharp Wing: "Oh yeah? Well, I once rode on a manticore's back, and all I got was a concussion." *pauses and frowns at ground as his brain processes his own words* "Okay, that sounded tougher in my head."

*Several cries of alarm and surprise break out in the tavern as a griffon wearing armor randomly staggers through the door. His beak and claws are coated with blood. The griffon scans the room, spots Delena, and stumbles towards her.*

Deranged Griffon: "Kyuh... kuh... kyuh..."

884856>>884084 Well thanks for the compliment but... *Notices the Griffon* OH SHIT WATCH OUT!

Light Wing: *Frowns and looks away. But quickly turns around at the sound of the Griffon.* Oh well this is gonna be interesting.

Where are we?

913548 ((The Forum here is an RP forum, and with in the RP forum we are in a tavern. Hope that answers your question.))

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 88