SpikeDash 897 members · 199 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Evening/Afternoon/Morning, all you lovely members who are probably in different time zones because the Earth sucks.

I've been recently settling myself back into the site lately, with the new update to About Last Night (shameless self plug), I figured that I could check up on this group. Seeing that we're near 500 members, and it's been quite a bit of time since we did this, I'd like to propose a friendly competition. Yes, I do actually plan on managing this accordingly. I wanted to hopefully bolster some new and fresh stories from the newer members here and decided to hopefully discuss this. As it's not set in stone, I'd really like to see some feedback from group members who would like to offer ideas to what this contest can be composed of

1. Story Themes

What'd I like to do is use a general idea as a foundation for these stories, and see what the people can create off of them. It's a valuable way to give the authors a basis that is easy to create off of, and I personally enjoy the concept. Hence the reason why I immensely enjoy the Prompt Tag thread, since it offers broad ideas that can be refined into a good meaningful story. I'd like to see some ideas as to what the theme can be and make a general consensus on one.

2. Judging

I value input, hence why I'm making this thread. In this competition I want judges who can make nice critiques not only for the sake of the competition, but to help and improve the authors by giving them worthy feedback and constructive criticism that allows them to improve the way they compose fiction overall. Quality over quantity is something that I feel should be cherished more, especially here in SpikeDash, and so I'd like to ask for other's help in making this competition a fair one that proves to be both a learning experience and fun! If you feel that you are responsible and wise enough to take on this task, that you can handle giving a meaningful evaluation for these stories, then by all means, volunteer.

Happy posting! :twilightsmile:

I might be new here, but i like the idea of a little competition. I haven't seen much of any competitions on this site at all. I mean i have seen contests and stuff like that, but i am still learning.

I would like to volunteer for being a judge. I mean it could be a new experience for me. I never had any experience in judging stories...well some stories i have looked over, but never as an actual judge. I would very much like to try to critique any SpikeDash stories for this competition (I love looking over stories, especially SpikeDash). If you feel i am not right for being a judge, i completely understand. I hope your competition will go well :)

4227739 I'm all for it. SpikeDash is far and away one of my favourite ships and I'd love to see it get some love once again.

AS far as prompts and such, I've got a billion of them. Too many to post here, to be honest. But if this contest actually gets underway I'll drop all kinds of ideas.

Vexy
Group Admin
Vexy #4 · Apr 1st, 2015 · · 1 ·

I second the notion. I've almost returned... :unsuresweetie:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4