My Chemical Romance 35 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

MTV just put on their website an "in memoriam" about the band and this is all I have to say to it. They did a pretty damn good job at it. I got some quotes from the site that described MCR.

They wanted to change the world, to kill rock and roll then resuscitate it, to use art as a weapon. Maybe they accomplished those things, maybe they didn't, but that's largely beside the point: My Chemical Romance were the rare band that dared to dream big, unapologetically so.

It's odd to eulogize a band that was so focused on mortality; it kind of seems like MCR had been writing their own obituary from the very beginning. So maybe it's best to remember them not for what they did, but what they will continue to do: My Chemical Romance saved lives. Their music and their message brought comfort to those in need, helped outsiders feel a little less alone, shepherded the meek through the darkness and into the light. I know, all of that seems contrived, and perhaps too easy, but it's true. The relationship between MCR and their fans was unlike any I've witnessed in the decade-plus I've been covering rock, and I have the feeling that it will only carry on; the band may be gone, but their songs survive.

Did MCR change the world? Maybe. Did they change lives? Absolutely.

The link to the full article is right here...please read it as a way to pay respects towards them. Article link

Regidar
Group Admin

805806 That is beautiful.

805813 surprisingly...for people that made Jersey Shore...they did a great farewell to mCR

Regidar
Group Admin

805820 Yeah, they aren't all bad :pinkiesad2:

Man... I really miss them already. I guess things come and go. It's the way everything works. Maybe one day they'll pull a 'Fall Out Boy' and come back like BDMFs

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5