The Unity Games 103 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22
Razorbeam
Group Admin

If both duelists involved would kindly let me know that they are ready, this duel can begin. If one of the dueling parties does not report in (ready or otherwise) before Wednesday [1/9/2013], they will forfeit the match. If neither report in, both will forfeit.

Whether you are ready or not, please make it known in an ((OOC)) post here in this thread.

This duel was concluded [1/14/2013] with Metaflare as the victor by majority vote.

((yo i'm ready))

601934((you have Ditzy's support :pinkiehappy:))

Starlight trotted into the arena with a happy smile on her face and goggles over her eyes. It was time to show the world what she was made of! It was time to fight! Time to show the world her light!

From the stands, Ditzy hopped about with excitement. "YOU CAN DO IT STARLIGHT!" She screamed.

601958 "HEY!! UNICORN!!!" Archimedes hollered from the stands

((Ready and waiting. Or not.
This is probably the part where I regret not reading any of the skill sheets. Oh, and does anyone have a/the link whoever/wherever any idea where to find a judge? ...I probably should have found that earlier. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Last thing, do I need a judge to approve RP posts?))

602678((yes a judge is needed. i happily offer my services))

Wandering over to the center and gazing uncertainly at his newest opponent, Joseph made his way into his first official fight. He wondered how many more rounds he would have in this tournament.

Razorbeam
Group Admin

601934, 602678
((I am opening this duel. You may now fight one another. Please follow this link to see the list of judges.

You must conclude your duel, either by killing blow (judge's rule), forfeit, or voting decision. A vote will be held by default in the event that the duel is not completed by 12:00 a.m. [-5:00 GMT] on Saturday [1/12/2013].

Fight with honor!))

Aurus rose from his seat suddenly, drawing a hush over the crowd and ready combatants alike. His smile was one of excitement, and it was clear from the tone that ventured forth from his throat that he was just as eager as those in the stands who were barely repressing their words to hear him speak.

"It is clear that you are all excited to see this match, and I an right there with you! Lets not delay, and commence the battle, one which I am sure will be monumental. This duel between Joseph and Starlight should not be taken lightly. Not now, or ever in the future, as this will be a moment of history to be remembered gloriously for ages to come!"

The crowd roared in excitement, stilling once more for Aurus' final words before the unleashing of this once-in-a-lifetime event.

"Begin the match!"

The deafening roars that followed drowned out the trailing of even his mighty voice, and any hope that the clash of steel or a blast of magic had to be heard.

((I'll give the first move to you if you want, Onyx))

((Knowing my character archetype, it shouldn't matter too much either way. Running like a squirrel isn't effected much by whether bolts, arcane blasts, sword swings, bits of steel, or angry creatures are chasing you or not. I'll take it, though. Let's see how this pans out. Sending to judge...

This took longer than expected... have a theme song.))

((Oh, I had no idea. In that case, approved by Crafter.))

'Heh, new blood. Never expected to see someone so happy to get into a fight. No bloodlust, no anger, just an almost creepy anticipation and joy. Almost a tragedy to cut the hope out from under this kid before she had even begun.' A cursory nod to the pony, and Joseph span on his heel. Adrenaline shooting through his veins as a martial trance began to take hold. He sprinted over to the nearest outcropping of rock and drew his crossbow, glad to see he had known enough to load it beforehand. A flick of his claw sent it sailing off at near the speed of sound toward his opponent's legs. Not missing a beat Joseph reached his claw into one of the pouches at his waist and slid the oaken shaft he retrieved into the carefully carved and worn groove of his crossbow. Sliding the bolt and sinew back until that satisfying click resounded from the locking mechanism. All within the span of six seconds. Joseph's claws moved with the dexterity and speed only experience and familiarity can bring, his eyes remained locked on their quarry.

"Having fun yet, kid?"

((sorry to be "that guy", but you gotta put who approved your post before each, well, post))

((approved by subjekt omega and chainlink3))

Starlight smiled and released a burst of magic from her horn, which redirected the crossbow bolt away from her body. "Oh, the fun hasn't even started yet, my friend!"

She spread her hooves wide, concentrated, "The party doesn't start until I start naming my attacks! Orries Sun!" and a blinding orb of light was launched in Joseph's direction. While it was just an orb with only enough magic to keep its form, the light that shone from it was almost as bright as the sun hanging in the sky.

"YAY STARLIGHT!!!" Ditzy cheered.

((Approved by Crafter.))

Joseph's eyes widened in recognition before instinct slammed them shut against the blaring light. Little good it did. Having a hyper-charged lamp shoved right into your face isn't something that closing your eyes fixes immediately. He stepped behind the rocky outcropping to block out more of the light.

Opening his eyes while still squinting. "Magic." Joseph spat the word as though it were a curse. "Always a bloody spell-slinger." Joseph dragged both of his daggers from their collective sheathe and returned the crossbow to its leather holster. Mentally steeling himself for the searing pain about to assault his corneas, he scrambled over the rock and charged headlong for the unicorn.

((approved by _Medicshy and Twilight at Dusk))

Starlight waited patiently as Joseph charged at her. She hopped to the side at the last possible moment, one of his dagger's tips grazing her shoulder and drawing blood.

She quickly pivoted on the spot and shot a small laser point-blank at his side. Hopefully this dragon wasn't too magic-proof.

"Oh f-" Despite his speed and expectation, point-blank is point-blank. His sentence was cut off as the beam of super-heated light slammed into his back near the end of the charge. The force sent him sprawling and rolling along the dusty ground. His eyes opening to the sight of muddy water. He climbed back to his feet with a smile on his face. Joseph spat a small glob of blood onto the sand and looked back on his opponent. "Not bad; for a mistake."

Sheathing his daggers, Joseph reached back and withdrew the crossbow. The poison that used to be lying on the tip of his dagger was already beginning its journey within its unaware victim. Another bolt slashed through the air, whistling slightly as it sped swiftly toward the unicorn. The steel tip glistening as cloudy silver droplets bubbled and slid along it's jagged surface. "A tool of women and eunuchs, but honor forsaken in the name of victory is still a victory." The words would be hard-pressed to reach the unicorn's ears at this distance, but Joseph didn't mind. It didn't matter. The droplet of blood at the corner of his mouth slowly made its way along the curve of the dragon's smile.

Health: 85%
Mana: 100%
Stamina: 100%

((Approved by Crafter.))

((approved by subjekt omega and ShadowBro))

Starlight grunted in exertion as she formed a shield to deflect the bolt to the side. "What the...?" She panted, her breathing becoming slightly haggard. "I shouldn't be this worn out already..." She took a quick glance at the bolt she just deflected, lying on the ground nearby her. Starlight quickly noticed droplets of something covering the point and the ground. "Must be poison...Reasonable to assume the daggers were coated in it too. Damn, should've shielded before.

"Gotta end this quickly, then." She quickly focused herself, and poured a moderate amount of magic into her horn. "Stardust Shower!" She released the magic all at once, scattering quite a few star-shaped magic missles in Joseph's direction.

((79% magic
90% health
95% stamina))

Razorbeam
Group Admin

Voting:
Onyxjew944

Razorbeam
Group Admin

Voting:
Metaflare

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22