The Unity Games 103 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 200 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 200
Razorbeam
Group Admin

If both duelists involved would kindly let me know that they are ready, this duel can begin. If one of the dueling parties does not report in (ready or otherwise) before Wednesday [1/9/2013], they will forfeit the match. If neither report in, both will forfeit.

Whether you are ready or not, please make it known in an ((OOC)) post here in this thread.

This duel concluded [1/11/2013] with Helrumyc as the victor by Killing Blow.

((I will be ready shortly after 3:00 PST (6:00 EST)))

((Scratch that, shortly after 4:30 PST. Then I have to leave at 6:00 or so....))

[[I'm good to go today, have to stop around 2300 EST because of class in the morning, and I can hop back on around 1500 EST on Wednesday [1/9/13]]]

((Do I have to convert to 24 hr time? I'll be available from about 1645 PST til 1815 PST today, then from 2045 til 2200. After today, I'll be good from 1500 PST til 1745 PST, then 2015 til 2200 PST.))

[[No need to convert, I just prefer 24 hour clock.]]

[[I forgot to tag you in my first post, so I'm doing it now.]]

((I hope you can convert time zones.))

Comment posted by Novus Ordo Seclorum deleted Jan 8th, 2013
Comment posted by Novus Ordo Seclorum deleted Jan 8th, 2013

A small, glowing, metallic ball blinked into existence, hovering in one of the seats.

This was a Remembrall. A fairly standard interrogation device that most military ponies in Germaney knew, it saved a video record of the things that happened in the area. A memory crystal allowed the user to review the recording. This particular device belonged to Wind Spark, Storm Blitz's wife.

((Just going to leave this here...))

((Do I get any fans? LOL that's like anocean asking if it will get any dry land.))

((Might as well write an entrance)) Skysong walks into the arena, with his full armor and knife belt, his violin slung across his back, and his mother's amulet around his neck. It was the first time he had ever worn the emerald pendant in public, but he thought it would make an important good-luck charm, as would his violin. He sets the instrument off to the side and begins absentmindedly sharpening his sword.

602532>>602565
[[Entrance time! though will be afk for about the length of Good-bye Lenin, have to watch it for a class.]]
Brazen walks into the arena, his exoKrieg recently tuned up, and his brass armour polished to a sheen, he decided to have the serpentine look he wore the day before, it helped with his speed. The helmet tightly fit to his skull and even had fangs around the mouth, the rest was sleek and simple, no detail, no pattern, and a longer flowing tail covering his own. It was one solid piece of brass that almost seemed like it was liquid over his coat and mane. The only thing breaking the flow of brass was the brass studded silver scarf wrapped closely around his neck.

Smiling as he entered, he looked to the crowd as more spectators came to fill the stands and noticed something, the Drying Pole, it stuck out because of its code and height, and with it was Virgil, Hmm, I wonder if he will hear me, Brazen took a deep breath , "Hey, Virgil, I fixed your leg brace!" he shouted at Virgil, he didn't care if it didn't make sense to anyone else, it needed to be said, because he wasn't sure when he'd be able to talk to Virgil again.
[[note, serpentine like a snake not a drake.]]

"YAY BRAZEN!!" Ditzy yelled from her seat in the stands.

602611 "Hello...Brazen Cipher, is it? I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting," Skysong says to the other unicorn without so much as glancing up from his sword.

Mark was sitting in the stands with his hooves covering his head. He was having an intense internal debate. Oh, who do I support? Who, who, who.... He grunted in minor frustration. He made up his mind. "HAVE A GOOD FIGHT, BOTH OF YOU!"

602714 Trixie spontaneously teleports a foot in front of Mark saying, "...Trixie did not hit her, She did not! Oh, hi Mark."

602772 Mark flinched as Trixie appeared right in front of him. "Uh... hi, Trixie. Why did you just teleport in front of me? And what are you talking about?" The confusion in his voice was plain, though he made a point to sound kind rather than angry or annoyed.

602787 Trixie takes the seat next to Mark unphased. "What? Can't a girl make a good entrance?"

602892 Mark shrugged at her comment. If she doesn't want to talk about it, I won't push. He sat down next to her. "I suppose. Although, it is poor form to startle a friend by popping out of nowhere. A guy could panic, you know." He smiled, letting her know he was just teasing.

602917 "Much madness is the divinest sense." Trixie said trying to keep up her snooty-art-cred. "So, anything interesting happen in past days?"

((Real reason for the odd arrival: Trixie got bored of writing Trixie walks into the stands and sees... so she decided to quote a movie.))

602958 Mark brought his hoof up to his chin in thought. "Well, I was cursed by a demon in a jar. I've had a debate of philosophy with a minotaur, and soon after undid the curse. I tried to comfort a gryphon and failed, and Skysong let me use an emerald that let me expand my mind-reading to the entire city for a few moments. As for everyone else? Drama. You'd have to ask them, because I can't keep up with all of it."

602979 Trixie's eyes widen as Mark recounts his tail. "The most Trixie did was hit an orange chicken with a lighting bolt." Trixie said while thinking, Trixie won't tell him the part about the chicken getting annoyed because of the bolt and chased Trixie for a mile.

603010 Mark chuckled as Trixie mentioned striking a chicken with lightning, and let out a small laugh as she unintentionally thought about its consequences. "You're going to have to concentrate a bit more if you don't want me picking up on your thoughts, Trixie."

Comment posted by Trixie-Lulamoon deleted Jan 8th, 2013

603022 "Ah, pony-feathers." Trixie sighed, while trying as hard as she could to resist her natural reflexes and not think of a hundred and one insults for Mark. She found the best way to accomplish this goal was to fill her head full of rock music. I'm going off the rails on this crazy train!

603060 Mark nodded his head in time to the music. "Thanks for not immediately flinging an insult, Trixie. Maybe you do care. Oh, and nice taste in music, by the way."

602621>>602654
Brazen returned the nod, glad to see that Virgil would stick around, friend or not, Brazen respected Virgil. Turning to the voice that entered the arena, Brazen smiled, "I am Brazen, and you must be Skysong," he said nodding to his opponent.

[[to Cannon, your ability allows you to see, feel, and hear, everything the person it is being used on correct? Well, just heads up, if you use it on Brazen, you will see this overlaid with this, all in a world that looks like this.]]

603071 ((Dude, that would have been so helpful if you had posted that when trying to explain Brazen's code ability!))

[[Sorry, I forgot someone mentioned this earlier when I was explaining it to you, but yeah, to someone who hasn't lived with it their entire lives, major sensory overload to suddenly see like that, Brazen still sees the world like the last image, but everything has an overlay like that, it can fade in an out if he wants it too.]]

603094 ((Cool. Good to know.))

603068 ((:rainbowlaugh:))
Trixie chuckles a little, "It takes constant work and just the right amount of ingenuity." Trixie taps her hoof to her chin. "...and 'Ozzy Brain' apparently."

603094 ((Odd and unusual, Trixie like it!))

603113 Mark reciprocates her chuckle. "What, making insults? Or the music?"

603120 Trixie waves a hoof dismissively "Make insults is second nature to Trixie. Keeping friends by not insulting them is the hard part." Trixie rubs her foreleg's ankle. "The really hard part."

603136 Mark tried his hoof at comforting her. "Well, you seem to be doing a fine job of it now. I'm still around, ain't I? Come on, what are you worried about?" He grasps her shoulder to emphasize his point.

603145 Trixie sighs softly, still running one hoof over the other. "Trixie is not worried about too much. Maybe the only thing on her mind is what happens after the games? Will Trixie just go back to the outskirts of Ponyville and... and..." Trixie sighs again. "I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it and I won't worry about it a moment before I get there."

603184 Mark frowned slightly, thinking of what to say. "What about your family? I'm sure they'd welcome you. And besides, weren't you a traveling showmare? I know you won't have problems, wherever you go. Not to mention you made amends with Twilight and her friends. Cheer up; it isn't as bad as you might think."

Razorbeam
Group Admin

601603, 602032
((I am opening this duel. You may now fight one another. Please follow this link to see the list of judges.

You must conclude your duel, either by killing blow (judge's rule), forfeit, or voting decision. A vote will be held by default in the event that the duel is not completed by 12:00 a.m. [-5:00 GMT] on Saturday [1/12/2013].

Fight with honor!))

Aurus rose from his seat suddenly, drawing a hush over the crowd and ready combatants alike. His smile was one of excitement, and it was clear from the tone that ventured forth from his throat that he was just as eager as those in the stands who were barely repressing their words to hear him speak.

"It is clear that you are all excited to see this match, and I an right there with you! Lets not delay, and commence the battle, one which I am sure will be monumental. This duel between Skysong and Brazen should not be taken lightly. Not now, or ever in the future, as this will be a moment of history to be remembered gloriously for ages to come!"

The crowd roared in excitement, stilling once more for Aurus' final words before the unleashing of this once-in-a-lifetime event.

"Begin the match!"

The deafening roars that followed drowned out the trailing of even his mighty voice, and any hope that the clash of steel or a blast of magic had to be heard.

603204 *shuoee* A smile forms on Trixie's face. Trixie guesses your right," M "Things can be bad." Om Trixie says with a upbeat smile and a strong expression. For "Trixie was the greatest Showmare in history." Gi "She can sure as heck do it again." V "Ponyville would be a fine place to live." Eme "With all those nice ponies and so on." Trixie says with happiness.

603241 ((Who's first?)) ((EDIT I sent my attack in, so.))

[[Okay, fair enough, was cleaning up my tabs so I didn't get lost.]]

[[who did you send it too?]]

603252 Mark furrowed his brows. She's lying to me. . . no - to herself. Mark began speaking in his softest, kindest voice. "Trixie... please, don't lie to me. I can tell, and it just hurts me inside, seeing you struggle with yourself. I swear, I won't tell anyone else - you have my word. But please, what's wrong?"

[[So I know who is on, I was going to send my action to every judge online.]]

603305 ((Oh lol didn't check if he was on.))

[[It'd be a good idea, I'm sending my start to a few others.]]

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 200