The Unity Games 103 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 3524 )
  • Viewing 3,251 - 3,300 of 3,524

Winter didn't even flinch as the polearm neared her neck. He had done something much worse.

All three of her swords appeared. Each one of them laid half a centimeter from his neck, formin a triangle from which he could not possilbly escape. The slightest of movements would threatened to cut an artery.

"Do not compare me to those scum who live by killing." Her voice was deathly quiet, but so intense that there was no difficulty hearing her. "There is a difference between those who live by the sword, and those who hone their craft and live with the sword." The swords overed away from Ebony's neck and settled at Liya's side. "If you truly wish to become a leader, then you will need a weapon that is yours, one that will not shatter under the force of even the mightiest blows." She gestured towards Nox. "That sword is weak and fragile, it amounts to nothing. I can make it a weapon worthy of the leader you wish to be."

Ebony had been tortured to point where blood seemed useless to him. Some sharpened sticks pointed at his neck would not stop him.

"I do not recall calling you a mercenary. Though, I feel gladdened that you share sympathies with me. As in to say - We have none." Ebony states, staring back. "Besides. You are of smithing experience. You do not need to turn to the job of killing."

"Maybe my next sword will be the one that I bond with most. Nox has been my favourite, true. But I do not wish to keep it." He says with a disgusted face. "The Shadow made me pick it."

He gives a solemn look to the blade. It was a slightly curved blade, coloured in a metallic purple. The handle was a roughened rubber grip with a metallic blade to keep it from sliding across his face. It had one enchantment etched into it that would let him channel his Noctus powers into it.

"It would serve me no good to keep it. I have rid myself of the Shadow, and I endeavour to burn everything she compulsed me to get."

"If you wish." She said, eyeing the blade. "I could reforge it completely. It would become a new sword, but made from your favourite blade. It would have no attachements to the shadow."

"Be my guest." Ebony says. "Forgive me if I withhold my enthusiasm." He says as he flicks the blade over to her with a hoof.

"I will." She said, "Double edged or single edged?" She asked, the black sword disappearing into the null void together with her three others.

"Single. I use a rotating fighting style." Ebony says off hoofedly. "I would prefer it to be lightweight. Hollowed out blades are not acceptable." He mumbles something about them being too fragile/

Liya's stare becomes deadpan, and one her own swords flash into existence, hovering just before Ebony. "Soshu Kitae." She explained. "Seven times folded metal, flexible and durable. Will not crack no matter the pressure." The sword disappearing again. "Do you really think anypony i their right mind would make a hollowed out sword? That'd be just a toy!"

"You'd be suprised. I faced someone with a hollowed out sword. It was as light as a feather." Ebony thinks back. Then he shrugs. "Before I snapped it in half, that is."

"Then it was half as light as a feather." She said, lifting herself up in her cobalt blue aura. "I'll have it done by tomorrow, I'll see if I can find you." She then sped off into the air, held in her own magic. I hope he goes to the infirmary. She thought as she was on her way. I did hit him pretty bad...

"Look for glowing eyes." Ebony says with a shrug, letting a spark of energy flow through his electric blue eyes. "Or just find Half-wing."

"HER NAME IS IVORY!" The shout came from where Liya had disappeared to, and it was her voice. But... How did she hear what Ebony said AND shout that loudly?

"Why are we in the training arena again? It's not like you'll find anyone here," Moonfrost said looking around at the stadium's entrance, it was smaller than the main stadium, but still had the extravagant feel of the tournament's arena, except without all the battlefield altering magic.

"Because, I'm showing you a tour of the City, simple as that, and if I happen to find someone willing to fight, well I'd like to take them up on their offer," Brazen said with a smile, "Because I feel weird not actually getting to fight my match so this would be a quality way to make up for it!" He finished as they finally entered the stands of the arena.

"How about fighting me then?" A pale blue coated and black maned Unicorn mare asked, hovering above the two ponies in her own cobalt blue aura. "I always like to try my strength against other ponies!" She added in a chipper tone of voice. "Oh... You're Brazen! I remember you!" Her eyes were alight with excitement at seeing somepony she recognised.

Crafter and Ditzy walked onto the field, the tinkerer in his power armor, and his wife carrying a toolbox in her mouth.

"Alright Ditz, lets start with the tune ups." Crafter said, stopping off to the sides.

Ditzy nodded in agreement, placing the toolbox on the ground next to the armored pony. "Just walk me through it."

"And you're Liya!" Brazen returned just as excited, "And as for the fight..." he paused his excitement to glance at Moonfrost. Her expression was blank for a moment as she noted the mare floating above them, she then looked to Brazen and just smiled and shook her head.

"You don't have to ask my permission, I don't mind watching a fight," she said with a genuine smile.

"...Yes I would like to battle you!" Brazen said in one go, not realizing he had been holding his breath waiting for Moonfrost to respond the whole time.

"Yay!" She squealed in excitement, floating further into the arena, landing softly on the ground. A small blink of light around her body appeared, leaving a simple brown leather armour in its stead. "How many swords do you want me to use?" She asked.

700070 ((you don't suppose Liya and Skysong could spar sometime, do you?

Probably not.))

((Would you kindly STOP STALKING ME!?))

"That depends, how fast to you want me to move?" Brazen asked getting into position across from Liya. As he walked and talked, he shifted the brass blocks in his saddlebags around his body to form armour to get ready for the battle. Once in position, his armour was settled and his exoskeleton began to hiss quietly in anticipation.

"Hey you two!" Moonfrost yelled, waving from the stands at the the couple as they entered the stadium.

700077 ((Yeah, that's a no.

*sound of forehead slamming top of desk repeatedly*))

Liya smiled widely, and three simutaneous blinks of light appeared beside her. Her horn started to glow, and three single edged swords appeared. Each a different colour scheme, but every one of them with the same basic form, and each's hilt enveloped in a cobalt blue aura.

"Tsuki, Taiyõ, Tasogare. This time, there's no holding back." She said, lowering herself into combat stance. "You get the first strike," she said.

((Read the Asterí profile to see how the three swords look. I added a small description.

Ditzy looked up from the panel she was working on, wrench in her mouth. She waved, unable to speak properly.

Crafter would have waved too, but he had to power down the armor to prevent shocking Ditzy.

"Katanas I see, well then, I guess you want fast," Brazen said as his armour shifted again, removing some of it to lighten his load, but it still had the look of the guard ponies of the Royal Guards in Canterlot, with one exception, sharpened blades along the back of each of his legs, "Lets do this!" Brazen shouted before rushing in a zigzag pattern towards Liya, but preparing for any counterattack.

Moonfrost just smiled and walked her way down to the couple, "So what's going on with you two?"

Ditzy placed the wrench back into the toolbox so she could speak. "Just doing some maintenance." She said cheerfully. "He's walking me through it."

700094 ((besides I had something I wanted to try with Winter or someone who knows Winter but I have no way of contacting you other than through comment replies and indirectly through Man Gell. I have tried to tell you through both methods; neither of them have worked so far.))

He's fast. She thought Better not let my guard down!
Liya sends out a simple wave of telekinetic energy at the charging stallion, roughly five meters wide. It would only be enough to halt him, but with his speed: It would still hurt.

Following this, came one vertical and two horizontal slashes with her swords, aiming for the point where she expected him to impact with the barrier.

((Listen, Cannon. I don't know if you haven't understood this yet, or not, but I want nothing more to do with you. I've tried telling you to stop pestering me, but you simply refuse to listen. Now, you've started spamming Man Gell as well, which doesn't really help my opinion of you. So do both yourself and me a favour, and simply move on and stop trying to contact me.))

"Ah okay, Could you use any help?" Moonfrost asked eagerly, she was always interested in new technology, at least new to her, and she hadn't seen this form of cryo-tech before.

Ditzy nodded. "Sure, you'd probably be better at this than I am." She said sheepishly. "Being a unicorn and all."

700144 (("Spamming"? The closest thing to spamming I've done with him is have a conversation through PM. If that is spamming, then I am terribly, terribly sorry for all those PM's I sent to people to which I expected a response.

That is all.))

((Trixie doesn't think you a spammer. Just overwhelming omnipresent.))

Seeing the code of the blast heading towards him, Brazen had to guess the height of the wave. Can't block that, he thought as he charged further, before dodging to his left, avoiding the barrier and the incoming slashes of her blades.

As he rolled out of the dodge, Brazen saw what he thought was and opening and with a with a quick flash of magic, the scarf around his neck lashed out as a whip at Liya's torso, in hopes to cause a gash across her side.

[[his scarf is made of silver so it can be bladed when he wants it to.]]

Moonfrost lit up as she enveloped a wrench in a pale blue aura,"Well, where do I start?" she asked both Crafter and Ditzy equally.

700195 ((well, don't tell me, tell Kapuchu!))

A brief shimmer of blue appeared a centimeter from Liya's chest, just barely blocking the metallized scarf.
Liya's eyes bore trace of joy and exictement, as did her smile. It was wide and showed that she enjoyed this. Sadistic bitch, much?
She didn't move, instead; She made all three swords form a triangle, pointing towards Brazer, and started speeding towards him while spinning like a helix, removing any chance to parry the blow.

"Alright." Crafter said from under his helmet. "Ever since the lava field, the ice ejection array and moister collectors have been acting up. I have a feeling the heat melted some of the components in the cannon. Can you check the access panel on the cannon and tell me what it looks like? It should already be open."

((Canon is cool when she/he is not being a grammar nazi. Trixie has never seen her/him spam anypony.))

((Please RP with Trixie. :fluttershysad:))

700240 ((thanks but I actually was spamming Kapuchu. No one else, though.

Anyway, I'll see what I can do. I have an hour tops))

Brazen kept his eye on the mare, and after seeing the mare give a wide, twisted grin, Brazen mentally prepared himself for anything. Seeing that she shifted her focus with the blades, he looked to them, noting that they were charging at him in a cone of death, Shit. He decided to do something drastic, he sprinted towards Liya's blades. In the moments before being skewered alive, he rolled out of the way to his left, only having a single blade slice across his armour, but nothing more than that.

Once again coming out of his roll, he landed directly to the right of Liya, "Hi there!" he said before coming across her right sight with two bladed hooves in a spinning, unorthodox slash with his front and back right legs, hoping, once again to make contact with her.

"Can do," Moonfrost said chipperly, looking at the access panel, she made an audible yet quiet gasp. "You'd be right, their is some melted wires that look like they have been shorted together, and a small tube that looks flattened, is that normal?" she asked looking for a way to separate the wires without damaging the system.

[[To anyone reading the fight, it will be going on hold for a while, we will continue this fight when we can.]]

700240 ((hey Trix are you still there?))

((No, Trixie is in the city square. FOR A HOUR AND A HALF! If Trixie wasn't so awesome she would think that people don't like her and don't want to RP with her or something.))

((Got to go. so damn it.:pinkiehappy::pinkiecrazy:))

700304 ((sorry. Maybe later today?))

((Maybe. :pinkiehappy: Hope to see you soon! :pinkiecrazy:))

700301 ((for the record, I didn't not want to RP with Trixie because I don't like her, but because of what Sky's reaction would be. But I came up with an alternative outcome, so now his reaction would be OK.))

700310 ((later PM me when Trixie's ready.))

((Trixie does have different OCs you know. Mellon Maggos, the heartless future version of Trixie that came from the past to stop something horrible. And the pegasus in black with Cutie the imp.))

"Thought so." Crafter said. "Can you take that tube out and hold it in front of me?" ((brb, need to drop some things off))

• Viewing 3,251 - 3,300 of 3,524