The Unity Games 103 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 269 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 269

Ah, that's right! I completely forgot about that, hehehe...:twilightsheepish:

I guess that just makes the premise of the question all the more likely.

Razorbeam
Group Admin

Unfortunately yes. None of the content mentioned in there will be considered canon by Visionary standards. In order for that to be the case, I would have to have read every single post so far, which hasn't been the case. Besides that fact, a good solid deal of it doesn't really line up, per se. However, if the winner wants to use some of their character content from the RP thread, they certainly can when they collab their fic with me.

Cool. Also, you might wanna head to the RP. A shitstorm be a'brewing.

Er, but you forgot to answer my other question. :twilightsheepish: When does the tournament start after submissions close?

Razorbeam
Group Admin

Until the final match, the GM is myself. All first-round matches will be fought in sunny weather. StachePony is right, though: at this point in the universe, T'rahk Enox is no longer a desert wasteland, so rain is possible.

550390 A real big shitstorm, filled with Nightmares, chaos, and blood.

Razorbeam
Group Admin

Not until after the holidays, chief. I expect people will be busy round the world, so to cater to their vacationing, it will wait until after the new year.

Razorbeam
Group Admin

I swear to god, if I have to go in there and use my moddy powers, I'm gonna be pissed. :twilightangry2:

I don't really want to sound pissy, but I suspect I'm not the only one in this boat:
For those of us who are waiting for your verdict on our character sheets, how long of a backlog are you dealing with? Just a rough ETA. I don't mean to rush you; I've just heard people talking about PMs being dropped, and that's making me paranoid.

So, I know the other RP was called unoffical, but the other ones have 'official' under their name, so does that mean they'll be cannon with the Visonverse now?

Also, how does one enter their application for the tournament in the RP itself? If they didn't do it by post or something.

Razorbeam
Group Admin

Copy pasting for the win! Moving things into the roster is tedious, so I have brain lapses about 20% of the time.

Razorbeam
Group Admin

No, that does not make what happens in the thread Visionary canon. It just means that the RP's are considered the only real RP's related to the contest, as there have been IRC's and such on the side.

Razorbeam
Group Admin

After finally getting the numbers out of your username? There had better not be, lol.

Razorbeam
Group Admin

I would say that he would have difficulty being able to determine something like that. In the show, unicorns just light up and then shit happens, with no noticeable difference in the pre-spell behavior. Lifting things, teleporting places, it all looks about the same until it happens, by canon standards. Granted that's just them being lazy, but I would say that this ability is not feasible.

Hmm, good point. Then can I just tone it down to him being able to tell how to deal with when a spell is already in use and casted?

I see... and the other question? How would my character apply for the tournament exactly? At the castle?

Razorbeam
Group Admin

If he's in the roleplay thread, consider him already registered. Contestants would have been invited personally, and get certain rights inside the role play threads, such as free food and drink. I other words, you have already registered, if you want to consider yourself that way.

If you want to register anyways for the sake of a plot line, you'd have to send your OC to the Arena inside the RP.

Personally invited? Hmmm... didn't know that... still, I would think my character would like to apply himself... or at least turn in his invitation. Which ever one is more cannon.

Razorbeam
Group Admin

Either way, that would take place at the Arena. :twilightsmile:

Razorbeam
Group Admin

He doesn't need those, lol. :rainbowlaugh:

Dammit Koba! You're ruining my aloof and mysterious charm! {Not to mention an easy loophole we could have abused.}

I somehow suspect "My stats are whatever I want them to be" wouldn't fly for long when the games start up. Nice thought, though. :P

Actually, my plan was more along the lines of pretending to be missingno. I'd patiently wait until the first attack strikes me... Then BAM! Save data corrupted. Win by default. Fairly basic stuff really.

I could totally see the judges just kinda milling around confusedly, and eventually coming up with something like, "Well, uh, since your opponent appears to have ceased existing... we'll count that as a win?"

Who controls the King and Queen.

Sorry if you already answered this somewhere, but what is the environment like in the combat arena?
*Weather
*Terrain
*Ground conditions (can it be dug through?)

of
what the changelings? razor, i'd assume

He didn't give any specifics on terrain other than that it would not just be a flat, empty space.

Weather, for the first round at least, has been stated to be sunny.

I have no idea if the ground could be dug through; he hasn't answered that one. I would expect packed dirt or stone, because that's just what an arena brings to mind personally, but we could very well be fighting in an arena made of cheesecake for all I know.

... Hold on a second...
Your saying your capping the tourny at 64 people right? And there is 64 people already... Am I one of the Rooster Reservations or is there still some people/profiles that need to bet put up? As I can't find myself on the roster and I'm a little afraid I might not appear on the roster at this rate.

I'm not Razorbeam, so, I do reserve the right to be completely wrong in anything or everything say here.
Still gonna try and answer to the best of my understanding, though.

Assuming that the 64 "replies" do exclude the first post, then it looks like everyone with a roster slot locked has been listed, and I didn't see your name there, even as a marker for an empty sheet. Granted, I'm not the most thorough in searching, so you might want to double check me. Unless I'm wrong though, it would mean that you aren't currently in the 64.

That being said, and I believe Razorbeam made a blog saying this as well, you should still get your sheet in (if you haven't already). In my (admittedly limited) prior experiences with roleplaying tournaments, a LOT more people sign up than actually can commit to playing. I assume he's running some sort of a wait list, because I just checked and he did in fact make a blog saying people "might be able to fill in if someone drops out."

Hope I was of some help... Sorry that it looks like you didn't quite make it in time, though. :unsuresweetie:
Hopefully you'll be able to fill in for someone? Best of luck with that, if you decide to try.

Edit:
Razorbeam, do you mind me doing this? I just realized I've jumped in and answered several questions and, while I think I'm sticking to the ones that I can answer accurately... If you'd rather I just leave them for you, I will.

I've already gotten my sheet in and OC accepted... Had to revise him as well. I better not be turned away after having to revise my OC to get him in...

Wonder who the reservations are for...

Proud-Dust and JJ Malcolm

Comment posted by Fury of the Tempest deleted Dec 24th, 2012

Are you sure? As I just checked, I saw Proud-Dust, but no JJ... and I was VERY happy to see I'm there.

Why are you speaking in Blue

I've always spoken in colour. Yellow is hard to read, so blue is the best choice here

WHY DON'T YOU SPEAK IN NORMAL BLACK!

WELL NEITHER DO I!

Now your just being stupid. Having the letters that big makes it incredibly hard to read. Not to mention it comes across very obnoxiously. And if this is meant to be compared to what I'm doing, it isn't comparable.

NO SHIT SHERLOCK.
ITS CALLED AN EXAGGERATION

IN OTHER NEWS.

So, Razorbeam, what they we have in terms of medical technology/magic here in this tournament? Because I've been looking at the "spars" in the training arena and sometimes, the most logical action would be to go for a kill shot, especially with several beserker type characters that won't stop from a typically disabling blow. Can we assume that kill shots are permissible because Magical Healing of Awesome, or should we avoid such shots if possible, despite the fact that doing so would be really damn stupid from a combat standpoint?

I'd say kill shots are a no go.
As the name suggests, a kill shot results in death, and I don't think resurrection (proper back to life kind, not just reanimation) exists. So:
-A dead character would no longer be able to participate.
-A kill shot could easily end a battle prematurely, not giving a character a proper chance to fight.

As for the medical advancements, for the sake of fairness, I'd assume that changelings can heal a competitor completely before the next battle (no long term crippling).

560718>>561727>>561729
Perhaps I'm misinterpreting, but it sounds like he's asking about potential kill shots outside the competition. The rules state that in the arena, the judges will intervene in the fight before a kill shot can actually kill, but if people insist on fighting in the library (among other places, I'm sure), there's no judges on hand to blow the whistle.

In that situation, I think all you can really do is bullshit the best reason for not killing someone's character you can think of. ...Or work with them to get permission to actually kill off their character, but I doubt that's going to happen. And Aurus would probably be much rageface with the killer.

Anyway, yeah. Full-scale resurrections haven't been mentioned in canon, and if they did exist, I'd expect Aurus would have resurrected Chrysalis because something something something redemption. So killing people would probably be bad.

Happy Hearth's Warming! (Or whichever real life holiday you celebrate)

Ah, well, that clears things up rather handily. I presume then that the Awesome Power of the Mod will blow the whistle JUST before the ax knocks someone's head off and prevents it from doing so, ending the match. Thanks for the help!

561729>>561863>>561875

Don't know if this'll help, but I had a fight in the training ring with Man Gell a couple days a go. It ended when his character pinned me down and stabbed the ground right next to my OC's head with his sword. I think that would be along the lines of a "killing blow". I PM'd Razor to see if that fight would be representative of the tournament, but he hasn't replied yet. So... we'll see?

Did anyone else recently get a notice along the lines of:
"Octavia's Chair added to The Unity Games-- 9:26am"
Because I did. And it linked me to a random clopfiction. I did not approve.
Was this an intentional thing, or just someone's random shenanigans?

The author added it to everything, I was confused as well.

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 269