The Unity Games 103 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 83 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 83

((Health: 100%, Stamina: 84%
Approved by: Dracmatais))

{Reaction}

Weaving his body between both of the attacks, Ferris' smile suddenly vanished. Was that how she viewed him? Did she truly think he was trying to dishonor her, to belittle what pride she had? He thought he had been clear, that he viewed her as a credible warrior in her own right. As he dodged, the mare's previous words began repeating themselves in his mind, confirming his own thoughts.

She truly believed he did not view her as a worthy opponent.

That was a foolish notion, even for the naive young monk.

{Action}

Keeping up his guard, the Jade Dog continued his own backwards pace, making sure to avoid the ledges as he did.

"Rapid Fire," he said, his voice still soft despite the present situation. "You led by passion of fight. Keep you strong; keep you unyielded. Dive into challenge, not think. Instinct be light, action be blood, challenge be life. I once know how be. But it wrong. It very wrong."

As he went back, he raised his paw to her as he had done with Storm Blitz and Runt, beckoning to her.

"Snatch pebble, Master Swift Ember," the monk calmly stated in his forgotten tongue, never once stopping.

Comment posted by _Medicshy deleted Feb 22nd, 2013
Comment posted by Razorbeam deleted Feb 22nd, 2013

((Asides from the godmodding parts, there's a bit of meta-gaming in there that I'd just like to point out. Firstly, he spoke in his monastery's language, which hasn't been heard in Equestria for over a thousand years. No one will remember it. Period. And how does Rapid know about Ferris' meeting with Aurus, hm?))

Comment posted by inoeitall deleted Feb 22nd, 2013

Judge: Razorbeam

Magic: 77, Stam: 72, Health: 100
Current Stats: Vit: S Will: D Str: A Agi: S Int: C
Peacemaker: 5/5 charges

Reaction/Action:
(Stat change: Vit A -> S Will C -> D)
Rapid doesn't even care that the pebble is being offered, doesn't care that the jade dog seems to be beckoning to her for something, doesn't care about a single bit of it. She has had enough of this farce. She walks up to him, pure anger and desperation in her voice. "PLEASE! For the love of the Princesses, fight me! THIS IS A TOURNAMENT! I have gone three rounds with fights that either didn't happen or were cut short, and now, against somebody I thought was an honorable, kind, worthy dog, I get led around like a foal! Like I'm not worth your time and energy to actually fight!"

She looks at him, tears flowing from her brightly glowing eyes. "Is it so wrong that I wanted a real match? Is it so wrong that I wanted to prove my strength? That I wanted to be able to live my dream? You already met the king, I heard it from the guards... Your dream has been accomplished and now... now you deny mine..." She sits down, completely vulnerable, completely open. "If you're going to take my dream away, at least do it fair and square... I'm obviously not worth being a symbol of strength. You don't think I'm capable of being a beacon of light in somepony's dark times. You don't think I'm worth the rock we're standing on..."

She suddenly gets up, looking him straight in the eyes, pointing to her tear-stained face with her hoof. "Hit me. HIT ME! HIT ME, DAMMIT!" She continues to stare at him, desperation and anger and sadness flowing off of her like water. Prove to me how weak and worthless I am.

736400>>736070 ((i don't even care anymore. whatever. I'm wrong no matter what I do, let's just accept this and move on.))

736418>>736070
((You know, I though razor aproved the wrist grab godmod to just progress the fight.... Because you guys seriously are stagnating things-.-))

736430 ((He DID, then enough people complained that I was forced to take it away.))

((Health: 100%, Stam: 82%
Approved by: Doorknobs ))

{Reaction}

Ferris listened to her angered shout with a stoic expression on his face, mulling over her words. Was that truly what she thought of herself? That to prove her worth, she had to win all of her battles? To Ferris, it seemed such a strange thought. Why would fighting prove her strength?

"Rapid Fire," he softly said as he took a few careful steps back. "Think I not fight you? Think I treat you wrong? You...I not like say this about friend, but you act like fool. I watch fight, you move with skill. You strike with anger, move in passion. But too quick. Not think, not see truth."

He gestured to the side of the arena that he had crushed with a single blow, and asked her, "When dodge, did not see I use time? You try distract, lead into trap. Instead, I wait. Take in mountain. When moment come, I use against. Then you charge, not good strike yet. I wait, now you say I not treat you as equal?"

{Action}

When he finished speaking, he dashed backwards, and at the same time, hurled two metal stars directly towards her hooves, and the strange devices that were wrapped around them.

"When pat stomach, you not see what I pull," Ferris stated as he moved, his voice hardening as he spoke. "This problem, Rapid. Entire time, I treat you as better. Why not see? You not think. You not patient. You act like fool."

((Sorry, forgot to reply.))

Judges: Crafter, Doorknobs

Magic: 74, Stam: 70, Health: 100

Reaction:
Rapid sees the glinting of the metal through her tears and reacts, pulling the hoof away from pointing at her face and the one on the ground up, letting one star whiz past her harmlessly and the other to clink into the rock. She smirks weakly. "No, I don't see. I punch first and ask questions while punching. You'd be amazed the answers you get out of criminals then. I do see that you're still running away."

Action:
Rapid picks up the metal star and chucks it back at Ferris, dashing behind it on the side that has more ground, forcing a completely clean and Rapid-free dodge to place the dog closer to the edge. "I told you I want a fight, a real fight, and come hell or high water, I'm getting one."

Comment posted by Doorknobs deleted Feb 22nd, 2013
Comment posted by Doorknobs deleted Feb 22nd, 2013

((Health: 100%, Stam: 81%
Approved by: Doorknobs))

{Reaction}

Ferris stood where he was, and watched as the star flew harmlessly by him. If the changeling had been trained in their use, he might have bothered to move out of the way; however, the star went wide, missing him by mere inches. The Monk silently watched Rapid make her dash to wider ground, and shook his head sadly.

"That entire point," he stated calmly as he walked back to a more stable position. "This be real fight. You not understand strategy; have need for action. that your weakness."

{Action}

He stood once again, placing himself in a ready stance, his paw still grasping another star tightly. With a practiced throw, he sent it flying towards Rapid once again, his eyes glimmering in the misty light.

"You not understand anything," Ferris stated.

Judge: Man Gell

Magic: 71, Stam: 67, Health: 100

Reaction:
Rapid growls in frustration, sure that that star had been on target. I'm getting rusty. Great. Just great. She darts forward, sliding under the star flying towards her, and positioning herself beneath his feet. "I understand that you keep running and hiding. And that you keep calling me a fool."

Action:
She pushes off from the ground with her left side, spinning her up and bringing her forehoof towards his nose and her knee towards his more sensitive bits. "And I can say, I don't much appreciate it, 'friend'," she snarls viciously.

((Health: 100%, Stam: 78%
Approved by: SwiftEthan))

{Reaction}

"I not call you fool!" Ferris said as he twisted his feet to avoid her knee, while leaning back to avoid the strike to his nose. "I say act like one!"

{Action}

Raising his paws, the monk directed a quick chop at Rapid's neck, while reaching behind his back to grasp his staff, readying it to be swept into battle at a moment's notice.

Judge: Razorbeam, Doorknobs

Magic: 68, Stam: 66, Health: 97

Reaction:
Rapid sees Ferris twist, and while she's annoyed that her attacks miss, she is glad to see him not running away. It makes things so much easier when they don't resist arrest. As her momentum takes her forward, she pushes against the ground, stopping herself, but unfortunately letting his blow connects with her shoulder. It hurts, but not as much as she expected. I would have thought the monk would hit harder...

Action,
Rapid then reaches around his back with her left arm, trying to reach under his extended arm and latch onto his shoulder. With her right arm she reaches for his staff right next to where his own paw is reaching for it, trying to make sure he doesn't hit her with it. For good measure, she also tries to smash her forehead into the dog's. "Who's acting foolish now?"

((Health: 99%, Stam: 74%
Approved by: Razorbeam, Doorknobs))

{Reaction}

The first rule of a monk was to subdue their opponent. To avoid, rather than check. To check, rather than hurt. And to hurt, rather than maim.Finally, if all else failed, then they were taught to maim, rather than kill. For them, all life is precious, and can not be replaced. Ferris had tried to wear out his opponent, then steadily advanced to blocking her own attacks with his patience. She had pressed on, and he had resorted to trying to hurt her, to make her back down.

And now, with her hold on him as strong as iron, the dog was forced to go into the final stages. Despite his dedication to his teachings, there was one fact that all seemed to forget around the Jade Monk.

He was first a monk, trained in peace and balance.

But next...he was born a Diamond Dog, ferocious and ill-tempered.

As Rapid bore down upon Ferris, the jade monk only smiled at her question. Her move had only proven she was the foolish one. While her head slammed into him, he twisted himself further into her hold, allowing him to turn his head, and bring his powerful jaws around her throat. The force of her attack would cause her to meet his teeth head on...

{Action}

While he prepared to bring his teeth, made to dig and chew through the very stone he had been born to, his other paw was free to reach for the metal star he had yet to throw, and slide it into his palm. If she tried to free herself, he would be able to slam the three-inch blade directly into the back of her head.

He was relying purely on King Aurus' mysterious magic to protect her now. Gone was the gentle monk, the calm warrior.

Here was the savage dog, bred to fight for dominance.

Bred to do naught but win.

Whatever the cost.

737391 ((How did you only take 1 damage from a headbutt from somebody with higher strength?))

Judge: Man Gell, Kapuchu

Magic: 66, Stam: 63, Health: 95
Current Stats: Vit: A Will: C Str: A Agi: S Int: C
Peacemaker: 3/5 charges

Reaction/Action:
[Stat change: Vit S -> A Will: D -> C]
To say that the teeth were an issue would be an overstatement, as would be to think she much cared about paw behind her. What was becoming an issue was her lack of magic, and indeed, her tiredness. As much as she hated to admit it, she was fighting for two, and making sure she kept herself safe while keeping the dog in range had drained her enough that she couldn't maintain full power. She was starting to get tired, only the onset of it, but this fight had to end.

Luckily, she had him right where she needed him. She slides one hoof up his staff to the paw there, the other she tightens in to try and lock his free arm in place while simultaneously pressing it into the side of his neck, applying pressure in an attempt to disorient or dislocate. Then, as she pulls her neck just out of his jaw, she sends a pulse of her Peacemaker through both gloves, and sharply brings a knee to his groin for good measure.

((Health: 89%, Stam: 67%
Approved by: Twilight at Dusk, Razorbeam))

{Reaction}

Everything in Ferris' mind became a blank slate. His groin howled in pain, his muscles clenched in roaring agony at the power of the lightning coursing through him. Even in his wild state, that much he could feel. Rapid Fire had narrowly escaped his jaws, just by mere millimeters. It was almost despairing to see how close he had come...how close it had been...As he felt his jaws start to force themselves shut, the dog closed his eyes, and waited for it to-

Fight through pain, Ferris! A ghostly voice seemed to shout inside of his mind. She is deceit and smoke! You are steel and strength! You are a Jade Monk! YOU ARE STEEL PAW!

His eyes snapped open at the words in his mind. But who had said them? What had said them? As these questions formed in his mind, the monk realized: He had another shot.

There was still a chance!

{Action}

Focusing every ounce of willpower he had, the dog forced his jaws to remain open for just a split second longer, allowing the force of the kick to his nethers to push him upwards. Carrying himself with that momentum, Ferris once again snapped at Rapid's fully exposed neck, while his arms worked his body closer to his captor. The paw gripping the metal star worked to push away the shock-glove, while the one on his staff twisted in an attempt to loosen his foe's grip.

He was not done.

Not by a long shot.

Comment posted by _Medicshy deleted Feb 23rd, 2013

Judge: Razorbeam

Magic: 64, Stam: 59, Health: 94
Peacemaker: 2/5 charges, 4 rounds to new charge

Reaction:
As Ferris's jaw came forward, Rapid pushed with what strength she had against his neck, while twisting in the other direction, managing to avoid most of the teeth, though his fangs managed to barely nick against her chitin as they snapped shut.

Action:
Rapid could feel the anger, the emotion, the determination, the feral savagery coming off of the dog in her grip, and she was saddened. She brought a once peaceful dog down to her level just for a fight, made him blow his cool and lower himself to her level, to a fight with no more finesse than a barroom brawl. She didn't regret it though. He'd meditate and right his mind, while hers was already settled in itself.

She had to win. If she didn't, she wasn't worth the time.

She lets go of the staff in her right hoof, wrapping that one around the back of his head, hoping to grab it and twist it to the side. As she does this, she continues to press her other hoof into his neck, sending another Peacemaker shock through it as she does. For good measure, she brings another knee up for a sharp blow between his legs, just to keep him off balance.

((Health:88%, Stam: 64%
Approved by: Twilight at Dusk))

{Reaction}

There, Ferris! Bend, do not break!

Obeying his instincts, the Jade Dog felt it the very moment Rapid started to push against him in her attempt to force his jaws away from her. And that was the exact push he needed. While she pressed against his head, the dog managed to duck his head around just in time to avoid the shock of her glove, while simultaneously twisting his body around to absorb the force of her knee kick.

This entire movement freed Ferris from Rapid's grasp, allowing him to roll a short distance away from her.

{Action}

He lost no time in pushing himself back to his feet, and removed his staff from its place on his back. There was no mistaking the look in his eye; it was that of one who had been betrayed by a friend, pushed to his limits, and finally been forced to that final edge. His was not the anger of a brawler, however.

This was the cool, undeniable rage of a champion.

He flung the last star he had gripped directly at Rapid, aiming straight for the spot where he had managed to scratch her natural armor with his teeth. As the star flew, he placed himself back into a ready stance, and challenged her once again, this time in simple Equestrian, loud enough for the world to hear, "Snatch pebble, Student Rapid Fire!"

Judge: Helrumyc, Twilight at Dusk

Magic: 62, Stam: 57, Health: 94
Peacemaker: 2/5 charges, 3 rounds to new charge

Reaction:
Rapid bends back on her one down leg, watching the star fly past her nose as she placed a forehoof down, pushing herself over it and stepping into a defensive position. She could feel his rage calm slightly, and again, she didn't care. She couldn't lose. There was no way she would let herself lose this fight.

But she wasn't going to let him lead her around again. She had the advantage so long as she let him come to her.

Action:
Rapid holds her defensive stance, eyes sharp, at the ready for anything he could do. She calls back, quietly, calm, every fighting instinct telling her exactly where she needed to be. "No, Ferris, I don't want your pebble. You think that you hold victory, that this match is yours... If you want to win, come take my claim from me."

((Unfortunately, duty calls, and this will be the last post I can give... C'est la vie.))

((Health: 88%, Stamina: 61%
Approved by: Twilight at Dusk))

{Reaction}

"Student Rapid Fire," Ferris said, his anger slowly fading away as he watched her with a saddened expression. "I sorry that it be like this. You walk path of fire; follow anger, strike with force. When offered peace, you choose battle, simply because it fun. But it not like that, Rapid. Please, listen to me...listen to friend."

He stepped forward, never once dropping his guard, despite his calm outward appearance. If he was going to fight her, he wanted her to understand. He wanted to at least salvage their friendship, to let her know that it pained him to actually do this.

"If think I want disgrace you...then you not think I friend. That not right. I fight like wind and candle flame; I bend, I move, I be quick. But you, Rapid Fire, you fight like wildfire and tempest; fierce and unyielding. In end, that be downfall.

"Think, Rapid. Why you fight? To prove strength?" he asked gesturing at her with a paw. "That foolish. You already strong, not need anyone say so. If have to ask, that mean you not listen to friend who tell you of strength. Fight to make name? Remember you say wish become symbol of hope, defense. But that foolish. Tournament not make one sign of hope. That what action for. Should not wish become symbol. Action say you one who give hope because it what you stand for, lead other to victory. Not as symbol.

"As leader. That how Aurus be love by all." The Dog spread his arms to the arena around them, and asked her, "What see, when see this? See tree and stone? Or see place of growth, where one seed grow into tree that give life to everyone? That what hope is. Hope is harmony with self, with world, with all! Hope is what move us, what keep us. We not need symbol for that."

He placed a paw over his heart, and looked out at his friend across from him.

"We live. We stand. We laugh and cry. That, Rapid. That be symbol of hope. Never forget that. You not need reason to prove self."

{Action}

"But I see you not understand that. That why I beat you. To save life of you, and life of child. Maybe I not be surprised..." he sighed sadly. "It very sad. You risk child for personal glory. That...that not right. No word justify risk. No thought make it right. Even when I...I mad," he said, the regret for that clear on his face, "I not attack stomach. It kill child if hit, not want that. But you still risk life. And why do this? Why keep going, when know other be rough, attack stomach?"

Ferris moved his staff into a ready position once again.

"That why I beat you. I show you what it mean to be true fighter. I make sure you be mother, and not become murderer. If that happen, you never forgive self. You become symbol of broken hope, if keep going. It not way of Rapid Fire.

"I sorry. I sorry I have to beat. Nothing I say make me feel better," Ferris said, apologizing with every ounce of sincerity and truth in him. "But it over."

With that, he sprung into action, moving with a ghost-like speed directly towards his opponent. As he swung his staff, he feinted towards her hooves, acting as if he would be striking at the machines that were attached to them. At the last possible moment, however, he redirected his swing, sending it hurtling straight for the back of his opponent's skull.

I'm sorry, my friend, but I have to do this. You must learn...

For your own sake, as well as your child's.

Forgive me.

((And here I was hoping we could end in a neutral position on even ground and leave it to the judges. Oh well.))

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 83