Friends Of All Generations 295 members · 316 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Some of the latest generations for MLP have been known for taking characters from previous generations and rebooting them. What would be interesting to know what other characters that haven't been rebooted should be brought back in the near future. Keep in mind it has to be a character that hasn't made a comeback yet, not one that has already been there. For me, I would like it to be Megan Williams, because I feel as the franchise's first major character and protagonist, she should be given another shot. Part of it would be get younger audiences who never saw or even knew about G1 to see what it would be like for the ponies to have a human companion like her, while older audiences get to see the rebirth of someone they knew. I won't go any further, because I'll just be repeating myself. Other than it would be interesting what other characters from previous generation that haven't been rebooted already would you like to see appear again.

I think the dazzle ponies should return. They only appeared in MLP Tales with the first ever Alicorn of MLP series. Her name is Dazzle Glow and I think it would be cool to see her come back since she is an alien of MLP after all.

I wonder if the term alicorn even existed back then.

It actually did but it was originally meant for the horn of the unicorn not a pony with a horn and wings. The word Alicorn is a lot older than the MLP series. You can check this out https://www.haggardhawks.com/post/alicorn

I kind of meant if the character was actually called in an alicorn in the show itself when it was made back in its day.

No, in the episode they were only referred to as “glowing magical ponies”

A picture of Dazzle Glow would make a nice meme reading. "I was an alicorn before it was cool!"

I totally agree I wonder why that hasn’t happened yet… it should it would be funny

Comment posted by TalB deleted Aug 12th, 2022

Interestingly enough there is already a meme with an expression for G1 on being the one that started it all.

I did watch all of G1 not long ago. Loved it

Then you should know that in Escape from Catrina, there was an animation error that gave Baby Surprise a horn that made her look like an alicorn even though she was supposed to be a pegasus, but that didn't stop someone for making it pass for a foal version of Celestia even though the colors of her mane and tail are the wrong colors.

Never notice that

I could never understand why there are those who are highly against a return for Megan in a later generation. For being the franchise's first protagonist and major character, there should have been another life for her rather than trying to throw her down the memory hole. Also, the only negatives I have heard against this have been that it will be a forced inclusion or that someone said so, which I find to be nothing but strawmen and blanket statements that I can easily refute. I find the positives to outweigh the negatives in that it brings back the idea of having a human companion, and it would even show how friendship can really be magic by having it with a creature from another world. Seriously, why would it be wrong to bring her back into the show? More importantly, why can't they have human companions again if it worked before? My guess is that the original appearance for her was really just to get people used to the franchise when it was something new at the time and then dump her once that purpose was served. Although I still feel that G4 was ideal for her return and that the opportunity was missed, I won't mind if she appears in G5 or later. Then again, I guess the only to bring her back is to do a generation where the ponies come to Earth and she and her siblings, Danny and Molly, are there to help them keep a low-profile sort of like Sonic X, otherwise that return will never exist.

It's too bad that she wasn't placed in G4, because some of this fanart could pass for actual scenes.

This would have made for a good cover.

If Luna was to help her with any dreams or nightmares that she has.

Perhaps Rarity may ask on new ideas for pony fashion or even think of ways to dress her up.

Some battles might be hard at first.

It might take some time to get used to the nature of Pinkie Pie.

Twilight welcoming her to the rest of the Mane 6.

Being prepared for a battle with the Mane 6.

Applejack gives her an apple as a sign of hospitality.

Fluttershy's first impression of Megan.

Receiving the Rainbow of Light from the Tree of Harmony.

In return for giving the apple, Applejack would let Megan groom her.

Just relaxing with Twilight.

Being in a picture with the Mane 7 along with Delta Brony.

Being able to activate the Cutie Map.

Wondering how she got to Equestria.

Being taught how to behave at galas.

Hanging out on the beach.

Megan tickles Celestia.

Megan hugs Celestia.

Megan hugged Luna so that she wouldn't feel left out.

Showing that she isn't some damsel in distress.

Megan and Twilight are ready for a battle.

Even Megan could be the one who gets captured.

Deciding to have a pillow fight with the ponies.

Spending some time with the CMCs.

Appearing at the very end with her own family.

I might as well put what pass for scenes in G4 if Danny or Molly had to appear in them.

Danny having both Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash by his side.

Spike roasts marshmallows for both him and Danny.

Fluttershy's first impression of Molly.

Danny riding on Pinkie Pie.

Fluttershy now gets used to Molly and even lets her sit on top of her.

Molly and Fluttershy having a picnic.

Molly brushing Fluttershy's mane.

Rarity teaching Molly proper table manners.

Molly becomes good friends with Pinkie Pie.

Luna's newfound love for Molly.

Danny plays games with Rainbow Dash.

Danny and Rainbow Dash are relaxing by a tree.

Rainbow Dash gives Danny a noogie.

Danny and Rainbow Dash are now BFF.

Twilight asking Molly about what is bothering her.

Megan and Molly attend the Sisterhooves Social.

Applejack teaches Molly how to get apples.

Megan and Molly prepare for a gala.

Now both Danny and Ranibow Dash are 20% more awesome.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16