Unique Stories 146 members · 362 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Listener
Group Contributor

Well, as you know, this is a group for those unique stories.
-Or, at least you should know. :o

But what exactly makes a unique story unique? What makes them stand out? What are those qualities that we love to see, but hardly ever do?

And on to the other side of things. What stories are unique? Any stories that deserve an honorable mention? Any that prove a point? Throw them out here, and discussino should occur!

Feel free to just point out random things, change topics at random, or just be random! After all, unique stories are enjoyed by unique people!

CluelessBrony
Group Admin

I once read a story where changelings were actually aliens. That's pretty unique.

Wait... Yeah, I did that. No, I'm not ashamed of my blatant self promotion.

Listener
Group Contributor

Well then. We've nothing else to discuss then. Tell me more. I'm not ashamed of my obvious lazyness.

For me, I love it when ponies are crossed over with things that I never knew it was possible to cross them with! :pinkiehappy:

Strange crossovers are great - but only when they're written in such a way that the two concepts 'gel' together. Just taking ponies and a random, disparate element and slamming them into each other doesn't always work. :twilightoops:

CluelessBrony
Group Admin

It's what drew me towards the original Fallout: Equestria. I just thought "How the hell do these two things go together?" so I started to read it.

I never got into Fo:E. And most likely never will now - it's become its own universe, and even if I live to be 100 I won't live long enough to read it all. :rainbowlaugh:

CluelessBrony
Group Admin

I just ate half a pound of bacon. maybe I could write a story about a pony eating a half a pound of bacon, then Berry Punch wakes up disgusted.

Don't judge me, I'm not fat. The bacon'll do me good, I could use a few more pounds. Also, ponies eating bacon is a thing now.

i say just post it and hope you get lucky :rainbowlaugh:

Listener
Group Contributor

So, a switch in subject.

Any qualities that you just don't see in a story that you wish more authors would at least consider? Maybe an odd way of thinking about magic, or a weird way of seeing Discord. You know, unique things.

Or how about those things that too many authors use *cough*HiE*cough*? An element that was fun the first few times, but has grown to be an object of ridicule? Of course, those overused ideas are unique if they pull it off right, or do it in a completely new way, one that no one thought of before.

Also, hello!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9