World-Building Alliance 2,164 members · 848 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Spike has his magical fire breath because of Twilight, who hatch him using magic. so does that mean that if a dragon is hatch by other means then they'll have the added ability from it? or the egg adapts from its surroundings like a sea serpent, a dragon hatch from the sea.

Maybe there are different dragon species.

It is just a food for thought really.

We don't actually know the reason for his message-fire.

Yup, just thinking of a good explanation from it. It must be from his parents or because of Twilight.

either way, the mlp doesn't really explain it.

Some say Celestia taught him.

Ohhh. Interesting

How though? Do dragons even have magic?

Well, he does, so... maybe? We don't know much about what others can do.

Well...

Yeah, maybe

So do you think that the dragons have magic but haven't harnest it cause of their tradition/culture?

I really wish that the show have given use more info on the other species.

Well we don't see much of them, especially older ones. So it's quite possible they do use some limited magics.

(And forget the other species - how about some more info on earth ponies?)

They might have learned magic through the years and let the new generation learn the hard way.

Yup they do neglect some stuff up. But i do wonder do zebras and earth ponies have the same magic?

Well while we know little about earthpony magic, we know pretty much nothing about zebras, so that's up to you. (Personally, I have zebras as non-magical.)

Also, might this thread be better titled "Dragon Magic"?

lol got distracted from what you said but yes it might be.

thank you for the suggestion.

I'm throwing it up there that it isn't Spike's breath that's magical, but rather the paper he burns to send a message.

The way I have it seen, is that magic is broken down into three categories for the majority of all the creatures in Equestria; enhancement, capabilities, and mystical. Dragons are such creatures that have all three forms of magic at their disposal; with their brute strength, their flight and lava diving, and their trademark fire-breath. That's about it for them outside of a few quirks, but nothing that leaves me to believe they'll ever perform magic akin to a unicorn's.

But if it isn't his fire breath, how do you explain the barf out letters?

The last part i agree with but what do you mean by mystical?

And isn't spike hatch from Twilight's magic or just an age spell, making him just like any other dragon...

But if it isn't his fire breath, how do you explain the barf out letters?

It must have something to do on Celestia's part. She might be teleporting the letters directly into Spike for him to burp up. Why she would pick on Spike this was instead of just teleporting the lettings in Twi's face might be a displation that she can pick up on dragon magic in her kingdom.

Have we ever seen Celesting sending a letter on screen?

The last part i agree with but what do you mean by mystical?

Things that come across as being a spectacle that you can't really explain without stating that it's magic (Changeling transformation, a spell cast by the horn of a Unicorn, the petrifying gaze of a Cockatrices, ect.)

And isn't spike hatch from Twilight's magic or just an age spell, making him just like any other dragon...

What I want to know is was what that discharge of magic Twilight showed was all about. It seemed like the show was hinting that Twilight had an overwhelming threat inside herself that would eventually lead to her fighting against it for some reason or another.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16