Loyalty's Vengeance Fans 8 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
The_Dash
Group Admin

I'm at work bored out of mind, so I thought I'd ask a little question. What makes, or breaks, a story? In all honesty, questions don't get anymore vague. But I wanna know your opinions, and maybe even an example. I'm not saying write a paragraph. I just want an example of the characteristic you feel is most important.

Personally, I believe emotion is most important. I don't want to simply read a story, I want to feel it. A story that can impart the emotions of its characters, onto the reader. The kind of story like, well let's take Equestrian Subversion for example. The conversation between Chrysalis, and Bane Tooth, as they stood Bedford the changeling hoard. The way in which ClarinetOverlord vocalized Chrysalis' emotions. The detail he put into her hate fueled rant, didn't just impart emotion, created an image. Despair, hate, and hope; all in one moment.

And that my friends, is my answer, and example.

~Time to dash, Dash out~

Mossino
Group Admin

Im a really easy going guy. If the story has some grammar errors and things here and there im fine with it. But a thing that kills me is really awkward situations mi serious that's the only thing i don't like in a story. And also characters being out of place that kills me.

ClarinetOverlord
Group Admin

I hate characters who only exist to get in the main character's way. One example is this feathered douche:

...and these two plotholes:

Them acting like pricks doesn't help, either.

Mossino
Group Admin

527149 The flim flam bros are EPIC owilicious tho...is.....creepy...

ClarinetOverlord
Group Admin

They annoyed me so much that the episode caused me physical discomfort. Gilda, Trixie, and Diamond Tiara may have been assholes in a similar way, but they at least got a proper public shaming.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5