Gilda 954 members · 711 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

What would your guys' thoughts be on if Gilda returned in Season 4 and how would you like her character to be handled in interaction with the Mane Six again?

Specifically, her attitude towards Pinkie and Dash?

Or if we got to see/learn more about the Griffon Kingdom in the new Season?

Seether00
Group Admin

I would like Glida to have a shot at reconciliation, but on her terms. I rewatched her episode and I still can't figure out what I was supposed to learn from it aside from Pinkie is intrusive and annoying.

I really don't see her showing back up though. Griffon kingdom could be interesting.

I'm really, REALLY hoping for the Griffon kingdoms in S4... mostly because I can see a diplomatic mission. The two sent for negotiations? Dash and Fluttershy. They get to the border, and the next thing they hear is "You dweebs?! Aw, feathers!"

I always thought that Gilda got a raw deal, and Pinkie just couldn't let someone else have fun with a friend without her.
Personally, I wanted her to come back in season 2 and season 3, so I'm hoping that in season 4 weget to see her again.

As sad as that would be, but I'm pretty sure we will not see her again. She's just not as famous as other "bad" characters like Trixie and Discord...

Also, all my hope for her being reformed died, when I read "Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell"... in this official book she has even less depth then in her episode... She is just mean cause there has to be ANYBODY to be mean in that story, and so I guess even if she returns, she'll just be portrayed as a one-dimensional jerk :pinkiesad2:

I don't think that book is technically canon, since Trixie turns into a complete bitch again, despite her reformation in 'Magic Duel'.

Yeah neither Gilda or Trixie were very in character in Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell. And how the author figured the two of them could team up for even five minutes without killing each other is beyond me.

Not really, yeah. So much seems to come short in this one. I was so hyped after reading that Gilda was in it, only to have my hopes crushed by her and Trixie teaming up for ... pranking??? Really? Trixie and Pranks? :trixieshiftleft: ... :trixieshiftright:
Oh well... but it is all we got that is not just fanon, isn't it?

That's what I mean in the end, they gave Gilda a second shot (maybe the last one) and that is how it turned out... That's why I think there is not much love for her on the "real canon" side.

For Gilda:
I don't know. I'd want something showing character depth, but that doesn't seem probable.

For the Kingdoms:
I seriously hope so, especially if we get a scene of geniune culture shock.
(Imagine Pinkie on a Japanese subway! They'd call the security guards after a minute.)

Gilda being in it sold me the book, but it really wasn't much in character at all.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10