MoonLight 895 members · 93 stories
Comments ( 98 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 98
Peppy Greyskull
Group Admin

284118 That's pretty interesting. Puts a major twist to the goddess level things. I'd see that as more of a Humanized ponies thing. That would actually be fun to write :derpyderp2: and I don't often enjoy humanized ponies.

a idea from me is Nightmare Moon and Celestia rule enemy nations in world were instead of being banished she took over some of equestria and neighboring lands as her empire so a thousand years later twilight sparkle Celestia's prized student is kidnapped and taken to Nightmare Moon for leverage against Celestia which causes twilight to develop Stockholm Syndrome toward Nightmare Moon it being romantic or just eternal loyalty is up to the author and Celestia would have become a slight dictator over the previous thousand years but not enough of one for pony's to start defecting
that is my idea

Tonto the Trotter
Group Contributor

An Idea I got burning in my head is Nightmare Moon being banished to the Moon when Luna was saved. She seethes for awhile before managing to return to Equestria. When confronted by both Celestia and Luna she is made to live with Twilight Sparkle and learn the magic of friendship. Plenty of tension for that kind of story given that Nightmare was going to shroud the land in eternal night and kidnapped Celestia. Twilight could even have a huge argument with her in which Nightmare points out she was born of Luna's anger, Jealousy and Sadness. What else could a creature born of that be expected to do. Nopony ever wanted to get to know her as just a pony. Some character development and a budding relationship.

I'm still learning the ropes of writing a believable romance. It's partly why my Assassin's story hasn't had an update in so long. Trying to create a semi-believable relationship, I've got it worked out in my head but it doesn't sound right when I type it. So if someone could take my idea and make something could with it, I'd appreciate it.

I am not a writer... I tried writing once years ago, a Sonic Fanfic that was... so... so horrible... I can't even read it anymore, so horrible... Anyways, I am not a writer, but I do get ideas once in a while, tho I will never be good enough to write, i still like the ideas. Here is one for Nightmare x Twilight.

an AU where Nightmare wasn't banished to the moon. Instead trapped and sealed somewhere in Equestria. Maybe under Canterlot with that being why Celestia moved the capital there, or under the castle of the 2 pony sisters, or even under Ponyville. Up to the author really. Anyways, she never gets free again, so the Elements of Harmony are not known about and/or don't exist, maybe being the seal on NMM's Prison. Then something happens to Celestia and the world, Discord returns or some new foe. Things go to hell, death and such everywhere, end of world. Twilight, being Celestia's student, can't let that happen and tries to find a way to stop whatever is happening. Somehow she learns about NMM, and goes to free her. She knows NMM is evil and such, so won't free her as is. She binds herself to NMM, and leave it up to the Author how that works. NMM and Twilight sharing body, or NMM basicly being her slave/pet thing or what not and has to obey Twilight. Keeping her on a short leash. Anyways, alot of bonding, Get NMM to go along by the whole, this is your world too, can't rule and get attention if everypony is dead, maybe even have her still love Celestia as a sister and not hate her, just wanting attention from everyone else.

Yeah, that might idea basicly, thinking it up as I write this xD Probably wouldn't be good, but people can take parts they like, and throw out parts they don't. >.>

..... Stupid idea isn't it? I just know it is... It sucks.. :facehoof:

284248 True, the only problem with it is that Normal Twilight is too nice and caring to actual make someone else obey her, even for the greater good lol :twilightblush:

janushyde
Group Contributor

I don't see that being a problem with your idea though. I mean look how she treated Spike in the first episode, smashing him with a door, yanking him off a ladder and all that. Plus aside from Celestia she seemed rather cold and aloof before she had to gather the Elements of Harmoney and given that the EoH weren't gathered in this possible fic she could still be her more distant slef.

284301 That is true... Damn, now I really want to see my idea in a story. Dominating Twilight over Nightmare Slave sounds epic now. :twilightblush:

janushyde
Group Contributor

I'm far from a good writer and I'm still trying to write a fic, granted even with an editer it's not much above averge but still.

Why don't you let the idea simmer for a bit say a day or thtree write up an intro chapter set it aside for a while then come back to it later and see if it meets your requirements for a good fic?

Idea:

Upon Nightmare's return, she announces that to avoid Eternal Night somepony needs to give up the sun. Twilight volenteers, and is vamponied. Celestia is allowed to return and Nightmare keeps Twilight. Shipping follows.

Cause currently the vampony stories involving Nightmare changing Twilight lack shipping.

Peppy Greyskull
Group Admin

285253 Because......... Wait. I don't have an explanation for that. ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff- Dunno. It should have though.

And yet there seems to be an upcoming story that ships vampony Twilight with Celestia. You would think Nightmare/Luna would be to be first. :rainbowhuh:

http://ks4u.deviantart.com/gallery/33897448#/d4tpva3

Anyways, likely the reason vamponies are not shipped so much is because vampires have become involved in romances too often these days.

Peppy Greyskull
Group Admin

285267 The only vampire romance that didn't need to be created was Twilight. That is a literary atrocity and the author should be burned during a sky dive without a parachute. The burning would, of course, not kill her/him (idk) and neither would the impact. And vampires' main focuses are their extreme sexuality/romance and undeath/immortality. Take either of those and they are merely a shell of their former selves. Or if you add sparkling like an asshole in return for ashing under the sun.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I think thing like that go in cycles, first the fair folk were considered untrustworthy trickesters and overall all bad, then after awhile the idea of helpfull fairies came along and now the more chaotic faires are on the return.

So it's only fitting that vampires go through the same thing a certain four book "Saga" doesn't seem to be elping the matter any though.

Here's a thought I wonder if it would be possible to make a workable story out of Twilight really being a spy for Nightmare Moo like Rainbow Dash accussed her of being way back in episode one?

janushyde
Group Contributor

Eh I'd rather be a werewolf myself, I just find them more intresting. That and there are some out right rediculas ways to become a werewolf out there from being the seventh son of a seventh son, to eating a certain type of flower found in a Russian moutain range, to wearing a belt/girdle with seven tongues made of wolf skin to a complex ritual involveing making a saval, applying it in the moonlight and reciting a poem along with it. Those are all just off the top of my head.

As for the vampires yeah they need a moral boost after what has been done to them recently sparkling skin good lord. Blade Spike, Morfious, Darcula, Show those twits how to do this thing right!

janushyde
Group Contributor

Indeed, hmm another possible Moonlight idea. Well what about a more sci fi setting? Something more along the lines of Star Wars?

Say that Twilight is still Celestia's student but while investigating some old ruins for an assignment she rediscovers some hidden information about the true nature of her Mentore's raise to power and that thier used to be someone who ruled along side her but vanished for some unexplained reason?

Take the big idea from Lord Phantom, and have Twilight regain certain memories that were blocked off during the party the night after she arrives in Ponyville. Now she is a spy.

janushyde
Group Contributor

That could work, the real fun with that is who blocked her memories, and when the block was first placed.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Okay I just got an odd idea recently that I felt I had to share. It's a crossover fic so that's a bit of an extra challenge right there.

The basic premis is that somehow when twilight and Nightmare Moon were alone together in the old Castle they get drawn into the Apiture Science Facility. With thier magic nullified the two are forced to worktogether not only to excape GlaDOS but to find a way back to Equestria.

I think it would be intresting to see this play out especialy given that thier magic powers are for the most part gone and in Nightmare's case her flight limited to short bursts of gliding.

janushyde
Group Contributor

That sounds like a hell of a story. Also vivisecting a pony? Damn that's interesting especialy given the reason why. I'm getting that Luna is trying not just to punish the nobles who are after Twilight but to send a message to them about thier crimes so I wonder what this one did to warrent a combination of "Most dangours game" and Jack the ripper esc murder.

To further complicater matters i think that the Nightmare persona should leave messages at her crimes and perhaps even at the doorsteps of nobles who don't go after Twilight (including twilight herself lest she beconsiddered a suspect in this.) saying why each victem met thier end like "As he tried to drag a bastion of purity and hope through the muck so did he die in a most befitting location." Signed the Nightmare. or "You are a credit to the nobility fear not the wrath of the night." Sighed the Nightmare.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Oh intresting, kinda has an almost Hanible vibe to it.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I've heard of it but haven't seen it myself.

When you mentioned it as an inspreation here I was expecting some kind of medical drama where there is a plauge or outbreak of sorts and Twilight is a doctor who has come up with a cure for it yet someone who is making a profit/has risen to power because of said outbreak wants her gone so she won't undo things and luna upon finding out sets out to keep Twilight safe to allow her to preform her work and falls in love along the way.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm it sounds like modern day Opera when you put it that way, a very bloody and gory one but still an Opera none the less. I take it that the Hulk side was where the idea of luna's Nightmare Moon persona came from?

And now because I put this bad bad BAD image in my own head you all have to suffer too! "Don't make me angry! You wouldn't like me when I'm angry! NIGHTMARE MOON SMASH!" Mass destruction ensues followed by Twilight hugging Nightmare Moon to calm her down and return to her Luna state of mind.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I thought so also I wonder who would be the marvle counterpart for who? Luna/Nightmare works as a Hulk analog, Twilight seems to be a Dr. Strange in traning. Hmm Applejack and Spiderman? naw I don't think it would work. Rainbow Dash as Quicksilver might though. With Pinkie being a hybred of deadpool and the Scralet Witch. Rarity, hmm gambit maybe? That just leaves Fluttershy and Spike.

Gah sorry off on a tangent.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Here's an odd idea, while trying to improve upon the time travle spell she learned from the archives, Twilight gets herself flung back in time to the era when Luna becomes Nightmare Moon. However the spell as robbed twilight of her memory and shortly after coming to she comes across Nightmare Moon, who takes pity upon this strange pony who asks for her help.

janushyde
Group Contributor

The real drama could come from either, A Twilight being trapped in the past and altering history incredibly, or B as her memory returns she is slowly being pulled back into her time.

It could make for a rather touching moment when Twilight clings despretly to Nightmare as she is fading back into the present and confesses her love for Nightmare Moon. then when she finaly returns she finds things altered to a degree.

Or if not altered, then Luna has come to remember the part of her past with Twilight (or she reveals she knew all along, but never mentioned it to preserve the time continuum... might also be used to explain Nightmare not putting up much of a fight). That could then lead to interesting things in the present.

EDIT:

Kind of makes me think of how one villian (the monkey) was responsible for the professor having the accident that made the girls and caused him to be the way he was. Then he also went back to the past to make sure the professor would not even try to make them, and the ensuing events are what causes the professor to decide to try in the first place. Making said villian the single most important individual to their creation. (as such the one involving time travel shows him repeating "I did it" many times as the show is going off)

In this case, Twilight could be heavily resposible for the eventual restoration of Luna (or she could even be nearly totally responsible) instead of just using the Elements.

janushyde
Group Contributor

That would be very intresting. It would not only explain why Nightmare didn't put up much of a fight but would also make for an intresting way to retell the trek to the castle of the Pony Sister from Nightmare/Luna's POV, exploring her conflicting emotions durring that night when she returned to Equestria and how much it hurt her to have to face off against the pony she loved.

And who knows? She might in some way have been involved with Celestia being able to prepare the plan for Nightmare's return (even if it was just causing her to pick out Twilight as the one to do it, as Cadence foal sitting her shows Twilight may have been considered very important even before the entrance exam and her cutie mark).

Celestia did seem to have all plans set long before the return, seeing as she is the reason the Apples settled there causing Ponyville to be founded so close to where the Elements were.

In keeping with her being on the other side from Celly, Tia could have used mind magic and go a glimps of the future from the memories that had returned.

janushyde
Group Contributor

So wait, Nightmare/Luna is just trying to help but Celestia activly mucks around with the mind of someone suffering fro amniesa? Doesn't that seem abit wreckless?

Well, if we assume there is a drawn out conflict (war), then getting information from the enemy would be something that would be done. I would expect Celestia to do it herself with some pony so close to Nightmare and as powerful as Twilight.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Makes sense when you put it that way, I thought you ment before things escalated into conflict thought hence my reaction. Still either way When Nightmare found out that Celestia did that to Twilight(or whatever name she used/was given in the past.) she wouldn't be happy at all.

If it causes Twilight to start gaining memories rapidly leading her to vanish (with time to maybe tell Nightmare something about what will come, if it seems important to) which in turn goads Nightmare to abandon the more measured approach that had been used so far and have the final confrontation soon after.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Intresting, So before Celestia innerfeared with Twilight Twilight and Nightmare were trying a more straticgic approach to combat. Also I bet that when Luna was finaly restored after her return she let celstia have an earful once they got back to the palace.

Also I'm sure recall but the name of the powerpuff Girls villian you're looking for is Mojo Jojo.

For Twilight and Nightmare to have time for Romance there would need to be a good length of time between the transformation into Nightmare and her defeat. Having even a short war would provide that. I would suppose the sisters do not want to face off (Celestia does not want to kill and Nightmare might not be strong enough to feel victory is a sure thing is such a fight).

janushyde
Group Contributor

True, though the rules as applied in the show seem to imply that you can't change the past. or atleast set up stable time loops.

Either way for a cheap laugh Dr. Whoof could brust in the Library point at Twilight and say something about how she went and buggered everything up something nasty and how he's rather upset about having to put everything back in place.

Both altering the future and leaving it the same are options; however, one is better for MoonLight and the other has some interesting plot potential.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Eh whenever I post an idea in this topic I leave it for whoever to decide on wheather or not i's friendshipping or romantic shipping and after they make a choice just go along with that for the fun of toying with the expanded idea.

Involve Pinkie Pie in how time travel happened; now use something like Dragonlance saga rules and the introduction of chaos makes the past mutable and safe to change.

Alternate endings; get the most out of the writing of part one. :twilightsmile:

Or adorable ending and serious mind-blowing plot ending. Though after enduring a 1000 years + having to wait even after being free could lead to cuteness too.

The plot with Moonlight route would after the return be more about Twilight coming to accept what has happened.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I'm guessing that dragonlance is either an anime or video game either way I haven't seen it. Also it just now hit me that this idea hinges on... Twilight botching a spell call me a hippocrit I earned it.:raritycry:

janushyde
Group Contributor

:facehoof: Well I asked for it.

Heh I wonder why Luna didn't say anything at Nightmare Night? She had plenty of chances and even had twilight by her side helping her to the best of her ability just like old times.

Also a possible name for Twilight to go by Evening Star.

Hmm... that is one thought.

Possibly have different endings based for different things Twilight could reveal (or with hold as the case maybe) during the final moments. Possibly when she starts getting pulled away she gets a visions (that are basically living out some amount of each future) of what things will be like on her return based of X number of things she could do in the time remaining, leaving her with an important choice to make. Could even end with her about to choose. If a "and many more" is included, it could (though would not count on it) potentially inspire some spin offs.

Well, assuming the timeline Twilight is from includes her having been back, then she may have held off because she does not want to change things so that Twilight will not go into the past and become her lover in the hopes that once things happen they can be such once more.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Makes sense, still that must have been frustrating for her in that case. Twilight was right there and everything still I like echo's idea of nightmare/Luna giving twilight a bone crunching hug once she returned and was able to tell her about everything.

The other idea is she does not remember until after Twilight returns from her trip, as I briefly mentioned earlier. Possibly done to make the wait easier and to prevent any slip ups (done secretly and linked to Twilight to end when she goes/returns).

But having her endure that and manage do to her determination to not screw things up is kind of romatic in its own way.

janushyde
Group Contributor

With your other idea could it be that time itself is witholding the memories to ensure the safety of all involved untill the time is right?

As for Luna knowing the whole time hand trying her best not to say anything. It is, refusing to speak out untill the time is right even though her heart is aching, and she misses her most reasured companion deeply very touching if handled well.

True, but that could be incompatible with Celestia using the obtained information to create plans for the return. Though if it does not kick in until later she could have just written the highlights of what she needed to know down I guess.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I was just trying to guess at how your theory would work as to why Celestia would know, but Luna/Nightmare and possibly Twilight wouldn't.

There would have to be some time if Nightmare is to be angry about what happened. She might have realized it would vanish due to Twilight having not remembered the future that she would lose it soon, and worked to record it quickly.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 98