MoonLight 895 members · 93 stories
Comments ( 204 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 204
janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm I always thought that if handled properly Alicorn twilight can work beautifully just like Tyrante Celestia but I'd love to here your opinion on this.

She may be Nightmare's Pet/Consort/Lover but she's Celestia's Student/Adoptive duaghter, she also seems to be something akin to Luna's first/best friend and her Whiter(er lavender) Knight, and well then you have to deal with the whole Luna and Nightmare coexisting mess anyway.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I haven't picked an overall opinion for Nightmare and Luna's relationship in Entwined Nightmare started off as her mosted negitive emotions and over the time of thier imprisonment grew into a sperate personality of her own.

Indeed the love of a family member and that of a spouce are truely diffrent and can't really be compaired though i can't say it would be an easy choice to make between saving one of my parents or saving my significant other(if i had one.)

Still I'd love to see Celestia try to argue this issue with Nightmare it would be quite amsusing don't you think?

janushyde
Group Contributor

While Fluttershy pleads with her to stop lest she leave the timberwolves and mnaticores homeless.

I'd dsay we should try and co-write this but i don't know if we could make anything workable out of it.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I agree this should be a comedy above all else.

I'd be willing to help with forming the plot and what not but I'd rather leave the writing to you I'm willing to admit that you're the better wordsmith of the two of us. Shoot me a PM whenever you want to get started.

janushyde
Group Contributor

The entire story or just the first chapter?

Speaking of this weird little fic we're toying with though I can see a big hang up right off the bat, that being Nightmare Moon herself How and Why is she active again and when did she establish the relationship she has with Twilight.

janushyde
Group Contributor

True that.

if nobody minds I'd like to name a fiction device that drives me nuts and it is Twilight botches a spell I mean granted she's screwed up in the show before but thing for a second how often you see it in the summery of a fic. Then try and reconcile that with the Mare who is the bearer of the element of magic and taught by what amounts to probibly the best spell slinger this side of Discord.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I guess I can see how it can be appealing as twilight has botched some spells before and given the kind of power she has and her tendancy to experiment it does seem to fit but augh it just's been beaten into the ground.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Indeed it's to the point where if the words "Mass Teleaport Spell" show up in a summer you can be sure that "Botched Spell" and "Crossover" are sure to follow.

So anyone else have some pet peeves they care to list?

Yes, that is annoyingly over used. In fact, it is to the point where Fate/Twilight seems extremely creative in comparison for having her spell work and it was magic in the world she finds herself in that caused things to go wrong.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Fate Twilight?

A fan fic that is a crossover with a novel (and derived anime) called Fate/Zero. It can be found in one of the feature boxes on my user page.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Ah okay, I'd check it out but i don't like reading crossovers where I don't have at leas a slight understanding of both works of fiction.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I thinkshe was a great one shot villain but i don't know if she'd hold up well to regular appearnces I mean she kinda has the whole arragent jerk thing going and if she never learned no matter what happened then she'd be a terribly flat and unintresting character. Though if she does learn to be less arrogent and bombastic what else would she having going for her? this is also why i'm not too fond of twixie stories.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Twixie just makes me think of the candy bar.

Belongs with, I don't think Twilight or Nightmare would be pleased with us thinking of her/her beloved as a possesion to be owned.

Then you can check out Fate/Zero. URLs can be found in the author notes of chapter one, and urls for relavent wikis can be found in the comments on the prologue.

Then again, it explains a lot in the fic itself, so the main reason to check the base material is for the perspectives of the other characters (for the events that stay the same).

There is one thing Trixie has in her favor. She somehow remains one of the most magically inclined unicorns in canon, cause other than Twilight no pony uses much. Rarity is third most and she hardly uses any magic at all beyond simple telekenisis, gem finding, and whatever she did confronting Trixie.

It explains a lot as Twilight has no idea what is going on either. And links to see the base story can be found in the author notes of chapter one and links for some related sites for additional stuff can be found in the comments on the prologue.

What Trixie has going for her: no other unicorns use much magic except for Twilight. So she still comes out second in magical ability in canon somehow.

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 204