MoonLight 895 members · 93 stories
Comments ( 204 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 204
Peppy Greyskull
Group Admin

Did we say something about authors? I like authors. Who votes for peppy praise? I do

Rebelfire
Group Contributor

249270 I didn't hear nuffin, and if anypony asks, I didn't say nuffin either. But word on the street is that you have a way with words, eh? Wouldn't want just anypony to know about that, eh? some terrible things could happen to them there words of yours.... just remember that now...
~
With that out of the way, this sounds neat! What's the worst that could happen?

Peppy Greyskull
Group Admin

249312 Exactly

Other than that, I'm not sure what to talk about. I'm less of a social creature than I'd like to be. How bout fics other than my own. I haven't read many of them so... how are they?

Rebelfire
Group Contributor

249343 Friends of Norse mythology will notice the reference in that chapter, too.

Peppy Greyskull
Group Admin

249343 I'll hafta read it. It's been on my HEY READ THIS GODDAMNIT list forever, but it's fallen behind all the 734659823476 other fics I'm reading

janushyde
Group Contributor

Nothing says political leader like ability to eat the sun. Also if I'm not mistaken on my Norse mythology said wolf is also half brother to Odin's horse Selphere. When it comes to odd literary ideas that's a hard one to top though I guess impregnation via shower of golden light is fairly high up on the list as well.

here's an odd idea for a moonlight fic At the Start Twilight and Luna are an item and have managed to keep this secret from both Celestia and Twilight's friends at large. However Celestia finds out and for one reason or another dissaproves of this and inf a fit of rage banishes Twilight fromEquestria on pain of death. This rash decision causes Luna to relaps into Nightmare Moon and things develop from there.

i don't know how well this idea would work as it hinges on the idea of Celestia making some choices that seem OOC unless you want to go with Tyrant or Troll Celestia but well the thought came to mind so i figured I'd share it with you all.

249343 Totally agree. Night's Favored Child is the best friendshipping Moonlight. Though, I really gotta question the title... shouldn't it say 'Filly'? :unsuresweetie:

Also, to me, the Nightmare Moon in 'Night's Favored Child' kinda fits the description Peppy gave to NMM from a different story. Time to fan quote: "...NMM isn't NMM any longer, she just looks like her because the Elements didn't revert her form back to Luna. That's DEFINITELY Luna under all that." ...except, instead of Luna 'under all that' it's somepony akin to Celestia... Not saying that I don't like it though. Fact is I love it. ...er, it as in story. I love the story.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I don't intend to do anything with that Idea i posted here, it had just come to mind around the same time I'd been notified that you set up this little topic so I just thought I'd share it.

Ah yes Entwined, I'm hoping to have a new chapter up by Saturday or Sunday. Really though I just hope i don't write myself into a corner with that as I'm making it up as i go. Not a wise idea by any means but well given that it started as a plot bunny that wouldn't stop pestering me untill i wrote it I think I'm doing okay with it so far.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I have some vauge ideas of where i intend to take my story however i don't have this fully plotted out by any means. So far I've got a few ideas about what to do for Lesson Zero and Luna eclipsed but those two are quite a ways down the line yet.

Aside from random start and stop bursts of insparation the only time i really seem to get a steady flow of ideas is when I'm trying to force myself to fall asleep each night.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Yeah I tend to have trouble just falling asleep most nights so I just lie in bed trying to get my brain to turn off and that's when ideas come rushing in. Be it for my fic or for the novel I've been pondering over for the last few years.

Music seems like it would be an intresting way to get insperation especaily given out wipe spread a person's taste can be. Sometimes I like to have background music when I'm reading and to me atleast Dancing Mad tends to make for great BGM when there's an epic fight going on.

janushyde
Group Contributor

True, so if you don't mind me asking what planted the seed for True Colours in your mind?

janushyde
Group Contributor

Entwined was inprat inspired by the soul bonding from Peppy's story and the Nightmare fracturing a bit of her soul bit was inspired by Nightmare's new reign. Granted I'm not I don't xactly know how the idea came to mind as I was buisy trying fo force myself to sleep at the time However I'm pretty sure those two stories had to be where the seed of the idea came from. After the damn thing wouldn't leave me alone when I woke up the next day i started to toy with it more and hence my fic came about.

Twilight Luna and Zecora are my top three fave ponies and Twiluna/Moonlight is my fave ship. Speaking of Zecora though I dread the idea of writing for her as poetic verse has never been a strong suite of mine even less so then spelling and grammer.

As for villians well I love a well devloped villain but sometimes someone as outright crazy as Kefka or the Joker can be all the more horrifying especialy if they were set loose in Equestria an inteligent manipulative villain can be understood and predicted to a degree someone like Kefka or the Joker is a threat simply because of how unpredictible they tend to be.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I haven't decided if I'll use her yet or not but well her rhymic speach pattern still intimidates me a bit.

Have you ever played Lunar Silver Star Story Complete and it's sequal lunar Eturnla Blue Complete? If you haven't I'd suggest looking them up as the magic emopror (villian of the first and a major player in the second) seems like he would be right up your alley.

janushyde
Group Contributor

They're PS1 remakes of old Sega CD games, Silver Star has been re made once more for the PSP. I don't know if Eturnal Blue has/will be given the same treatment.

Just FYI if you do descide to check them out know that you won't get the full story of the magic emporer's motivations in Silver Star, you get the gist of his plans yet but the WHY isn't revealed untill a good way into Eturnal Blue.

Hmm, I think reminissing on those old RGPs just gave me an idea for Entwined, neat.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I don't think of Nightmare from Peppy's fic is "Good" by any strech less cruel possibly yes but not good.

I think I can worm in the idea I got down the line not sure if I could get away with it in the current chapter I'm pondering though. As for Nightmare's plans for twilight all I feel safe saying is that she can afford to play the long game.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I'm sure that they're both rather happy about the resent restructuring of thier relationship. Nightmare being her own side seems somewhat fitting but I still think that she has may of her old habits still intact, I pity the next non Gilda griffon to cross her path i really do,

as for your own fic I'm really enjoying how you have restructured things i don't think I've ever come across such a great discription of urban blight and decay as Staliongrad. Though what I'm most intrested in is how both celestia and sir Wounded Pride will react to Twilight.

Speaking of Celestia though I have no problems with you making her evil or the evil celestia plot thread in geniral i just think that tyrant Celestia is a very fiddly plot eliment when used well it brings an intresting depth to a story and makes for a brillent villian. However when haandled without care it not only drags down the story it also lets the air out of the narritive et all, if you get my meaning here.

janushyde
Group Contributor

NCharacterization that one word discribes why I love this show. The characters are just so fleashed out it's a real treat to watch them bounce off of each other. I may not like all of them but they all seem to have personality take Pinkie for example I tend to enjoy her but I'll admit she can get on my nerves this probibly isn't helped by the fact that the first episode I saw was Over a Barrel. An episode that doesn't show her better qualities.

If you do keep sir Wounded Pride around, I hope you expand upon him having a running gag character like him can be quite intresting especaily if he gets one over on Twilight or Nightmare somehow.

I can see what you mean about Celestia and if the whole secretly greedy bit iss used it makes that neckless of her seem rather ironic as it look similar to Rarity's element of harmony. I'll trust you to make Celestia an interesting villianess as befitting of the world-building you've done.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Well, you could do what I sometimes do and think of someone from history or fiction who is similar to the kind of personality you're developing for him and use that. Heck my user name's just a bad refence to dualality Janus Roman god of archways and doorways joined with Hyde of Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde fame plus it has the nice bonus of having the same initals of said fictional split personality case to boot.

Rebelfire
Group Contributor

254686 Evil Twi in a quasi-ship MoonLight setting?

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

janushyde
Group Contributor

As do I Reblefire, so has anyone had any intresting idea's recently? I got slammed with a bunch of ideas for my fic this morning but I'm not quite sure how to implament them as of yet.

janushyde
Group Contributor

If it's not spoiler laiden i wouldn't mind hearing. I'd elaborate on my own ideas I got smacked with this morning but they're all spoilery some quite a ways down the line even.

janushyde
Group Contributor

That's intresting I really like how you set up the trible structure and the idea of them being nomadic is really fitting especialy with the large scale enviremental disaster that was of a truely catistrofic level if the wolf at large is still struggling to recover some two milenia later.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Ooh neat, I can't wait to see where you take that idea. As for me with any luck the next chapter of entwined will be up tonight or tomorrow I think you'll enjoy what I have in mind here provided i can pull it off.

janushyde
Group Contributor

A fitting song for Nightmare Moon ranging from sublte to dymanic.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I hate to say it but i missed out on the public voting phase of the contest, I wasn't too intrested in it so I just kinda blanked it out of mind sorry Peppy I would have voted for you though.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Ah, yeah that was a smart move people can be very biased especialy when it comes to something like this. here's hoping that both this and the next write off are successfull.

If you plan on Celestia being selfish, it would work better for her to have laughter and Nightmare to have generosity. Unless the reasoning for why things are so bad is they have both drifted from some of their elements.

While true in the shipping stories, in non-shipping there is Dawn and Dusk where Twilight is evil. And with its take on evil Twi shipping does not really seem possible.

Currently at least Celestia seems more laughter than Nightmare, though things may have changed since the rise of the empire.

janushyde
Group Contributor

There's a diffrence between the warm laughter of friendship and the mocking laughter of eniminity, right now Celestia seems to embody the former but given how harsh the laws are I doubt that is the case. is ending someone's life really nessiscary for theft of something as disposible as what appears to be a Introduction to Magic textbook even if it was in the empress possesion?

Anonymo
Group Contributor

I'm wondering about the upcoming war in After That Fateful Night; last war, I don't think they won by too much, if it weren't for Moonbeam I'm sure they would have been pretty fucked. Now they got the minotaurs to help them.

But what I'm honestly curious about is if Twilight will act in this war considering how shes changed now since the last war. Maybe she has more power? Maybe she will be the Moonbeam in this war. Just a idea though.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Here's a question, would Nightmare be willing to risk putting Twilight in combat?

She is very heavily invested in Twilight not only does she see her as a valuble asset she is also the first pony to ever show her true romantic love. This is the mare she stole from Death's own plane of reality and the mare she was willing to die defending from a detachtment of almost forty griffons.

Throw in the fact that Twilight is not only still recovering from her brush with death but also has nothing even resembling combat training and magical powerhouse or no, I can't see Nightmare putting Twilight in that kind of situation readily.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I'm not sure if Nightmare would lock her up. I just doubt that she would be eager to place her on the battlefeild. Now after she had some training both in normal unicorn magic and in lunar magic I can see Nightmare being less hesitent but so soon after the two of them finaly got thier feelings for each other sorted out? Not unless they get ambushed or the like.

janushyde
Group Contributor

If what you're suggesting is true, than it could be that Twilight wouldn't be able to break out. Last time she was was in that situation she atleast in theory had acess to her magic. in this case she most likely doesn't as even in the dream world she was unable to make use of it. While she might get lucky and stumble onto a way to make use of lunar magic, though I'm betting that Nightmare would be able to detect someone using that kind of magic.

I do agree that while reluctant to engage in combat twilight would definatly wish to be there. Not only would Nghtmare and Moon Beam be at risk so would captian Horizions. Granted they seem to have something of a rocky friendship I could see Twilight wishing to keep her safe especialy after Cloudy took in Cherry Tart. Than we have Gilda who could easily be seen as a sort of last link to Rainbow Dash and the others.

Speaking of that i wonder how Twilight is handling being seperated from Spike and the others now. While she was willing to let nightmare beat her for thier attempted rescue I bet that the not being able to see them all especaily Spike is eating at her.

On a lighter note I hope twilight sends a letter to her folks soon I can't wait to hear thier reaction to Twilight's news abut her relationship with nightmare and how it's changed. I can just see her dad teasing her about it the ext time they come to visit.

The other option besides locking her up is to find some way Twilight can help that does not put her in too much danger.

I could see her being put into a command role that will not have her in the thick of things, especially since there are not many veterans to promote.

Rebelfire
Group Contributor

Time for a partial derail for some self beration!

I'm working on the story, I promise! I've tried every other way to get me to write, including disconnecting from the internet, but that didn't work. So I've gone ahead and started to kill all other interests, such as games, sleep, etc.

on an unrelated note, this thread needs controversy. Therefore:

Derpy is best pony. Moon Beam cannot stand before her adorableness, and NIghtmare and Twilight dread her powers!

Faust is best pony, end of debate over the best. That still leave the spot for second best pony open though.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Speaking of working on fics, chapter five of Entwined is not playing nice. I'm typing it as we speak and the closer i get to the end of it the less it wants to comeforth.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Gah finaly! though admittedly taking a break for a few hours seemed to help out.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Thanks, Echos, I look forward to the next chapter of your fic. I want to see how you develop not just Twilight and Nightmare's relationship but this world you're building as well.

EDIT: I wonder if those rumors about Shining Knight being Twilight's brother are true? Even if they arn't I might just use the idea it sounds intresting.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Gah what are you trying to do Echo get us all cuaght in the crossfire between her and Celestia!

While I don't see any reason to doubt EQD I'd still consider it unoffical untill the episode drops.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Call a chicken if you must, but I know this for a fact probabity hates me so I tend to avoid playing with fire. While the Lunar republic is a noble cuase we shouldn't tuant the Solar Empire untill we have sufficant forces to match it's might.

Hey no big deal who knows you might get some ideas from Mass Effect Three. Speaking of witch I've got to play some more Chrono trigger today the masamune is in my grasp and Magus needs some sense beat into his blue haired head.:twilightsmile:

janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm I'll bet it's up on youtube by now I'll have to check it out later today.

As for Chrono Trigger it's an old SNES game by Squaresoft an RPG with the central hook being time travel it evan has multiple ending depending on when you face the final boss and what side quests you complete. If you have a Wii I'd say get it off the vitrual consol it's only 800 Wii points or you could hunt for either the onld SNES cartridge or the PS1 remake (Final Fantasy Chronicals) on ebay.

EDIT: Okay call me foolish but that Twilight stamp thing seems kinda creepy if you ask me. I'm betting it's because that Twilight's head loads before the rest of the banner but still.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Ooh, sounds like fun Echos, as for me with some luck I'll have the next chapter of Entwined up this weekend.

Peppy Greyskull
Group Admin

283190 Or you could download an emulator like snes9x and download the chrono trigger rom. That'd be a LOT easier. Just saiyan.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I'll admit i first played CT via snes9x but I'm rather glad that I later obtained it via much less shady means, gotta love the Wii.

Peppy Greyskull
Group Admin

284896 I used to have it for ps but idk where it went. after losing a bunch of old games i just get the iso's and play em that way

janushyde
Group Contributor

Eh FFVII was never my cup of tea, I only ever had a demo for Spyro, and twisted Metal Two, Never even tried Monster Rancher, and if you ask me MegaMan Legends was a bad idea, some older franchies just don't work well in 3D.

Anyway to steer this conversation back on topic so what kinds of video games do you think Twilight and Nightmare Moon would enjoy playing?

I can see them both enjoying games like the Civilsation series, Twilight for the mental challenge and Nightmare for the whole world domination aspect of it. I can also see the two of them playing against each other and making bets as to what kind of prize the winner gets.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I could see Twilight getting into RGPs the number crunching and stat manipulation is something she would be quite adapt for, giver her a few hours and she'd break the gameplay balance like a dry twig.

I could see Nightmare having some fun with sand box games like GTA starting at the bottom and working her way to the top plus lot's of wonton destruction seems rather fitting.

A guilty plesure for each of them for Twilight Something like Mortal Kombat or Street Fight violent but still lot's of skill and startigy needed. For Nightmare Mario cart just because it would be too funny to see her playing such a goofy game though given how brutal the AI gets on harder difficulty settings I can see it happening. Call me weird but the mental image of Nightmare ranting about being hit by a blue shell out of nowhere is just priceless.

Peppy Greyskull
Group Admin

I'd expect RTS/RPG's for Twilight and as far as Nightmare? I dunno. Now, for shame on you 285069. FF7 was amazing and Megaman Legends was one of the best ideas they ever had. I LOVED those games so much.

285058 Oh gawd Crash Bandicoot was amazing back before their fourth platformer (not including the racing ones). I was amazing in Twisted Metal games as a kid. Now, though? I don't know how I did it without cheating. Same goes for the old Duke Nukem games. How did I ever do that?

janushyde
Group Contributor

Nightmare on lead, Twilight on bass, Moonie on drumbs and either Gilda or Cloudy being dragged kicking and screaming into doing vocals, I don't know why but it seems fitting.

Oh yes Mario kart, so deceptivly fun the first race isn't so bad but by the time you've cleared Mushroom cup you're hooked being drug deeper into the madness trying to beat the thing in it's entirety, but after you leave the relitive safety of 50cc the kid gloves come on and the AI shows you what7 to one or 11 to 1 odds are really like.

Speaking of Mortal Kombat I was playing that with friends the other day and some how I went undefeated for quite a while and all I did was button mash.

EDIT: because I don't want to double post.

Peppy, I will agree to dissagree with you on FFVII trust me you don't want to get me started on that game I'm WAAY to much of a FFVI fanboy for that to be a good idea. As for MegaMan Legends it just didn't feel like a Mega Man game, he wasn't a robot, he didn't have his helmet and i really don't think the 3D worked well for it and the controlls seemed kinda stiff too.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 204