MLP: Motherhood is Magical 2,655 members · 1,540 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

I kind of think this is one area the writers could've done better. The CMC do not have normal families, Scootaloo having two selfish a-holes for parents, Sweetie Belle being raised by her sister and Apple Bloom being an orphan also raised by her sister. Twilight seems to not be very close with her family, being closer to Celestia. We hardly see Rarity's parents. Dash's parents are lunatics. Pinkie's family actually seems supportive if distant, but she's the black sheep of the family regardless. Applejack has the best family on the show honestly. Fluttershy's parents both raised kids who can barely function in society.

Without a doubt, they could have done better, they would have honestly orphaned Scootaloo, at least so we could continue dreaming that Fluttershy is his mother.

What about Messrs. Cake as parents? Or Diamond Tiara's parents? Twilight and Shinning's parents at least raised children who function in society. Speaking of Shinning, any thoughts on him and Cadance as parents?

Well if I'm honest twilight life with spike is somehow comparable with young single mothers who keep on studying

Of course twilight somehow is a complete exaggeration, but believe it or not, many women actually need their children's help to keep a schedule
Not because lack of love or negligence their lives just became like that

Lets be honest, Rarity was more Sweetie's mother anyway.

I think the show tried as good as possible to show multiple forms of family.
Lauren Faust never planned to say anything about Scootaloos Family in the first place, but the fans wished so hard for it... so yes, in the end, she came up with kinda bad parents, but she has a nice pair of lesbian aunts taking care of her, that's fun :D

Also, Twilight was very close to Celestia, but it seems like she spent a "normal" foalhood with her parents, her big brother, and her pet/little brother? She became this social distant nerd in her later life ^^
And I think it's fun, that Pinky, the one with the cold distant parents, was the only one of the mane six who became a mother herself. ^^ I hope her relationship with cheese sandwich is well built too... would be shame if it actually was just a sex thing between two friends and Pinky has to raise lil cheese alone most of the time.

Also It is still open if AJ and RD are in a lesbian relationship... if it is true they are some kind of family too! maybe they have adopted a foal?

Eeyup, I think The cake Family was the most stable family in the show ^^

But I think the show made a good job of depicting different kinds of families... I can understand that she handled that theme with a lot of care... shipping is a critical theme when it comes to the fanbase of my little pony :D

You missed a lot if you think Twilight isn't close with her family. Velvet and Night Light actually raised two children who can function in society (Sparkle being the anti social weirdo she was, wasn't her parents' fault.)

Everypony else had insane nutjobs or outright worthless parents. Including Applejack, dead or not (the entire family is insane and need to locked up for all eternity, in all honesty).

Might just be me. But I didn't see a lot of smart decisions coming out of the Apple Family. Or even just common sense period. Compared to most ponies anyway.

7377926 Yeah, like "Let's leave Granny Smith to take care of an overly eager filly who's more obsessed with hunting down some fictional creature than actually helping with the harvest, and let's not check in on her at all to make sure she hasn't gotten in over her head.", or "Let's leave two of our siblings with Granny Smith while they're arguing about who's going to take over the farm instead of trying to correct their behavior before it gets out of control."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9