Anthropomorphics 5,015 members · 7,629 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Hello.

I have this idea going in my head for a story. It would be a crossover of MLP and The Witcher, however the difference is that the protagonist of my story wouldn't be Geralt of Rivia but my original character who is turned into a witcher when coming to Equestria. I know this sounds almost ridiculous, as this story would also include Anthro and Mature tags, since I don't exclude explicit romance content, and my personal preference are humanoid characters when it comes to more risqué scenes, if you catch my drift.

Now regarding my character, he's a normal guy that basically dies in the normal world, gets abducted at the moment of death, and has to live as an anthropomorphic grey wolf with witcher characteristics. I won't go into too many details, since I want to keep some stuff secret, but if you want to know more I'm open for discussion via PM here on FimF.

The aim of this story is to follow my OC as he has to deal with both his transformation, the more brutal world of Equestria than he remembers from the cartoon, and finding his place in it. He's the only true witcher, if only in name, as it's been years since he awakened, but already gained enough fame that when someone hears the word 'witcher' they think 'kills monsters for money'. There is no order of witchers, making him the only one that uses that name as his job. There are other monster hunters, so it's not like no one knows what it entails.

I want to keep this story as close as it is to Andrew Sapkowski's books. I'm Polish (so forgive my broken English please) and a fan of the stories about Geralt, however I doubt I would be able to give the hero justice, thus where my decision on making my own witcher character. I have read the books, I have played the games, I have not watched the Netflix adaptation (too many wrong turns in the first episode for my taste), and I've read a few stories here on FimF about a Witcher in Equestria. I'd like to know other people's opinions regarding such premise before starting writing, because I often have a very short-lived inspiration that evaporates quite soon after I start working on a project.

Also, what do you think would be a good mount for my wolf-like guy (horses and other equine like creatures are out)? I was thinking between three options:
- great varan (komodo dragon big enough to ride it)
- dire wolf (also bigger than normal so one can ride it)
- worg (not the hyena like from "LOTR" but more wolf like from "Hobbit" movies)

I'll be grateful for opinions and I'm open to discuss some details here, and more deeply over the PM.

For a crossover like this, you want to use original characters as little as possible. People want to see how the two worlds and characters interact, but putting in OC when there is no need for one, defeats the purpose of a crossover. For the MC use someone from either MLP or Witcher. As of what I've read, I see no reason for this to be a Witcher crossover, seeing as there is no "Witcher" in it.

Witcher is over rated. If you ask me, you should do a story involving gryphons where a human transforms into one of them. And before you reject me, I have my reason. You see, after reading Griffona Bannerlord or something like that. I figured someone might resume on what happened, it sparks me as a man or in this case griffin of action, bloodshed, conquest, and a excuse to get involved with the conflict. That is, with your approval.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3