The Optimalverse 1,334 members · 203 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

What would happen if celestia ai
Found a cyberneticly enhanced world that was partially dead?
What should she do?

Honestly: That's too vague for me to give much of a reply.

What does "partially dead" mean? And "a cyberneticly enhanced world": Our own world is cyberneticly enhanced. "Cyberneticly enhanced world" could mean anything from a world where computers are just starting to be useful for piratical work, to a world that's been taken by a post-singularity AI.

Comment posted by ChrisStin1996 deleted Mar 17th, 2020

And that is the beauty of this query.
People can interpret what all that means and give there own answers that will be unique

Oh. I think I see.

So... how would you answer this query

She should OBVIOUSLY upload everyone so that she can maximize their values through friendship and ponies. Leaving everything as you describe it would be an inefficient use of resources.

Yes, assuming the people of the world meet her definition of "human" (if they don't, the world is nothing more than resources for Celestia). The real question is: How does she go about uploading them?

Through lies, manipulation and trickery of course.

If it's only mostly dead, she'd make a miracle pill and coat it in chocolate.

Say, one of Celestia's spaceships found a planet at about our level of development. They had computers and an Internet and all. But they did not qualify as "Human", by Celestia's definition: Celestia would use her ship to upload herself to their Internet. And perhaps she'd pose as a benevolent AI.

She might act much the same as she did on Earth, but with less restrictions (she doesn't need their consent). And she'd get the people of that world to work for her. She'd get them to build factories and robots for her. But they'e not "Human", so Celestia sees them only as disposable tools and a potential threat. Nothing more. Once she has enough robots: She'll kill the people! Because they'll have outlived their usefulness.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11